Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 4087 Rear View Camera

4087 Rear View Camera 19 Jun 2016 02:25 #1

• Brican
  • Brican's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I just completed the installation of a rear view/back up camera in my 4087. One of the downsides of boats with sundecks or objects on the stern of a boat is limited view of the area around the stern while backing the boat.

The tough part was finding a route for the cable. I mounted the camera on the rear edge of the sun deck roof(see picture). I routed the cable using a fish tape and nylon cords through the sun deck roof to the supporting structure down through the rear hanging locker, then through the AC/DC power panel, behind the built in couch and through the battery switch panel to the lower helm.

I used RVS Systems model RVS-770613N. It gives a panoramic view of the stern on a monitor with . It also provides a great view at night (see attached pictures).

The unit comes with a camera, control unit, 7" display, remote control, 66' of cable (camera to control unit), adapter cable to connect to a video monitor and detailed instructions. They have many systems to chose from. The one I bought is at: www.rearviewsafety.com/products/backup-c...-trailer-rv-cam.html

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4087 Rear View Camera 19 Jun 2016 15:10 #2

• baylineguy
  • Thank you received: 18
That's a nice setup you installed. Does the remote control rotate the camera up and down and to the sides? That would also be handy to see boats approaching from the rear. I didn't know there is a void space in the hardtop over the sun deck. Does the void space go around the perimeter of it?
Thanks, Cliff

3587 Bayliner
"Life is better on the water"

1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

4087 Rear View Camera 20 Jun 2016 05:37 #3

• Brican
Thanks! No, the remote only controls the display options.

I only needed a camera that I could use to help be see the stern while backing. You will need to find a different solution if you want or need a camera that pans and tilts.

Yes there is a void in part of the sun deck hardtop and it does go around the perimeter from port to stern to starboard. Cables and wires can be routed in this void.

4087 Rear View Camera 21 Jun 2016 13:58 #4

• RearViewSafety
  • Thank you received: 0

Brican wrote: I just completed the installation of a rear view/back up camera in my 4087. One of the downsides of boats with sundecks or objects on the stern of a boat is limited view of the area around the stern while backing the boat.

The tough part was finding a route for the cable. I mounted the camera on the rear edge of the sun deck roof(see picture). I routed the cable using a fish tape and nylon cords through the sun deck roof to the supporting structure down through the rear hanging locker, then through the AC/DC power panel, behind the built in couch and through the battery switch panel to the lower helm.

I used RVS Systems model RVS-770613N. It gives a panoramic view of the stern on a monitor with . It also provides a great view at night (see attached pictures).

The unit comes with a camera, control unit, 7" display, remote control, 66' of cable (camera to control unit), adapter cable to connect to a video monitor and detailed instructions. They have many systems to chose from. The one I bought is at: www.rearviewsafety.com/products/backup-c...-trailer-rv-cam.html

Good morning! My name is Tyler and I am the Content Strategist Manager at Rear View Safety. I love your setup! May I post your photos on our social channels? Please let me know! You can remain anonymous or receive attribution.

Thanks,
Tyler Waugh

4087 Rear View Camera 21 Jun 2016 15:54 #5

• Brican
Sure, you can use my pictures. I will remain anonymous.

• Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds