• Page:

TOPIC: New Hatches in Cabin of 2655

New Hatches in Cabin of 2655 01 Jun 2016 17:11 #1

• Bill Randall
  • Bill Randall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 60
I have an extra fridge which I keep in the forward berth, and I also made a food storage cabinet, which sits on the little bench next to the bed. Both are really useful additions, but they also sit on top of the access hatches for the storage lockers that lie beneath. So, I got fed up of losing the additional storage space, and decided to cut hatches in the sides, so that I can get to the lockers.

Rather than try to find suitably sized hatches, I cut the holes as big as I could in the available space. I only cut the carpet covering on three sides, cut the hole in the panel underneath, and then took the cut out piece and glued it back onto the flap of carpet. This now acts as a door for the hatch, and the uncut edge of the carpet acts as a hinge. I also added small handles and magnetic catches to keep the doors closed and so, with the carpet covering still in place, they're barely noticeable as storage lockers.

I would rate this as a pretty easy mod, with each hatch taking less than an hour to complete, from start to finish.

Anyway, here's the pics:

My other modifications can be seen in this thread:

www.baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/for...-to-1990-2655#498509

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1990 2655. 5.7L Mercruisr, Alpha One
Last Edit: by Bill Randall.
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds