• Page:

TOPIC: 4588 Updated Galley Sink

4588 Updated Galley Sink 16 May 2016 13:50 #1

• Papa Charlie
  • Papa Charlie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 165
When we purchased our 4588 one of the previous owners had updated the galley sink to a large double bowl porcelain sink. The sink was pain to maintain and the faucet was starting to have issues where you would turn on the water and could wait as long as 10-15 seconds for the water to flow. The flow was not caused by lack of water pressure as my boat is equipped with a 110VAC 1/4HP water pump and accumulator tank. Also, the bowls would drain very slowly and often the water would rise up in the opposite sink before it would drain.

So I removed the old sink and installed a new SS sink of the same size but it has larger bowls, new faucet and I added an under the sink vent on the drain that has greatly improved the flow.

Here is the before picture. The instant hot water tap has been removed as it hadn't functioned since we owned the boat.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

And here is the new set up. Each bowl is the same size and will fit a very large pan or our 16qt pressure cooker inside with no problem. The Admiral loves the pull down spray head feature too. Makes cleanup much easier.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Patrick and Patti
4588 Pilothouse 1991
12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
M/V "Paloma"
MMSI # 338142921
Last Edit: by Papa Charlie.

4588 Updated Galley Sink 19 May 2016 22:47 #2

• masonj
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
I like that back splash Or is that the High "Bar"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1990 4588
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds