TOPIC: Another filet table

Another filet table 31 Mar 2015 23:26 #1

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Go Aweigh2452's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
I had made a filet table out of the used walk thru door starboard which was replaced with the one Mike (somesailor) made for me... anyway, it great for Puget sound fishing but after last year in Ucluelet, I needed something bigger. The fishery people up there made it a ticketable offense if you fileted your fish on their filet stations and dumped the guts into the marina where crabs and birds would feast on that. Instead, we had to get back into our boats and drive out to the mouth of the lagoon 3 miles away and dump out there... Or... filet your fish out at the mouth and bring the gutted fish back... well, I used the cooler on the aft cockpit area and fish guts and scales got into the engine bay every day (I know, fish guts every day)...

So now, I can gut/filet bigger salmon and other species on my 36" table. It drops onto Magma grill locking base mounts and is tilted so the guts go over the transom. I will add a slide that allows the guts to bypass the transom itself and slide onto the swimstep where it is easy to use my saltwater washdown hose and wash it all off the swimstep now... I will attach the slide with snaps so I can remove the slide material (thick roofing mats) and clean them separately from the filet table... I still have to add a filet knife holder but installed a good knife sharpener on the back splash.

Oh and you can see the new cable covers I installed last evening going to the 9.9...

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Last Edit: by Go Aweigh2452.

Another filet table 31 Mar 2015 23:37 #2

• floatyerboat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 93
Now lets see photo with a big fish on it.

Dan
Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
Claudia V. III
1988 - 3218
Gas Drives

Another filet table 01 Apr 2015 02:02 #3

• bhawes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 82
Doug, that centre hole in my transom is for my anchor/stern light. Did you just make a shorter male connection for the post for that support? I'm trying to come up with one for the starboard gunnel. I love your design and don't see why it wouldn't work in that location. I'm thinking that If all of the waste went over the side, there'd be less mess on the transom end.

Bob Hawes.
Kelowna, B.C.
1998 Trophy 2052 WA
4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Another filet table 01 Apr 2015 02:09 #4

• builderdude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "THE FIX"
  • Thank you received: 806
Doug, that is absolutely bitchen! Pull off the BBQ and pop on the fillet table. I'll be needing your blueprints :lol:

Dave
Edmonds, WA
"THE FIX"
'93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled
***The rebuild of my 2556***
www.baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/for...ansom-repair-my-2556

Another filet table 01 Apr 2015 02:14 #5

• Jerms
  • Thank you received: 2

builderdude wrote: I'll be needing your blueprints :lol:

I was thinking the same thing haha

1979 25' Saratoga Mercruiser 350.
1980 26' Explorer. Live aboard. Re-power next year.
Still learning, please excuse my ignorance. Cheers!

Another filet table 01 Apr 2015 02:29 #6

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
Yes, I could put a BBQ there as well. When my current Magma round one dies, I'll go with the rectangular kind and mount it there as well. I have those legs attached very firmly to the filet table. If I could find more legs without buying the female part of the attaching hardware, it would be great. I did find a good deal on eBay for $68 and free shipping from WholeSale Marine... So that made me decide to go that route... The table sits very firmly... rock solid... I'll post another photo or two when I attach the plastic material that will act like a waterfall for the guts...

www.ebay.com/itm/390947856899?_trksid=p2...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Doug ;}
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another filet table 01 Apr 2015 02:52 #7

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA

Jerms wrote:

builderdude wrote: I'll be needing your blueprints :lol:

I was thinking the same thing haha

I'll put together a purchase list of stuff I bought. Te expensive part was the 1/2" starboard and the Magma hardware... I think the whole thing came to less then $110.00

2'x4' 1/2" starboard and I cut that to 19"x 36" base. The sides are trimmed off pieces of the 24" deep base. Each side is 5" high and I shortened 6" in depth to allow the corner drain areas. The back splash is 6" high and came from the long cut of the 4' wide base. That left the base 19" deep vice being 24" deep... I used a router to route 1/2" in each side and back splash panel. I then drilled holes in the starboard with a counter sink drill bit so the heads of the screws are flush with the starboard... I used 5/8" SS screws (#8 I think).

Since the Magma dual mounts sit 1 11/16" high, that made for an excellent lean toward the stern when it sits on the top cushion of the back seat. As I said, its rock steady firm... The knife sharpener is from Wally world and is the ceramic kind. I mitered the back splash to allow a filet knife to be drawn through the sharpener and not touch the back splash...

that's the basics. I then used my router to round the edges. Fun to make but took me a while to figure how I wanted to do it... It came together well. My walk through door filet table works well too... here is a photo of that one... it sits on the walk through door and the door can be opened while it sits on top... Now that will become my bait cutting table I think... Oh and it was my old walk through door that Somesailor replaced with a walk through that extends down to about 1/4" of the deck so no more phones or cameras go out the cockpit on to the swimstep and into the water...

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another filet table 01 May 2016 02:47 #8

• Blackeyes
  • Born to fish, Forced to work
  • Thank you received: 17
The Pittsburg/ Washington game is kind of slow tonight ( it's picking up now, 10 minutes left in the 3rd) so started going back through all the awesome mods that have been completed to members boats. I too was inspired by this post on the 2452 page. Posted my completed table on the 2452 page but thought i would post here too.

1998 Bayliner 2452 Ciera Express, 5.0 L 220 hp
2012 Ram 4 x 4 Big Horn - Hemi
Wardsville On. Ca.

Another filet table 01 May 2016 05:12 #9

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
Looks good Blackeyes... Not sure if you saw this... I made another table. bigger and it sits on the transom when fishing... I needed a bigger fillet table... LOL..

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another filet table 01 May 2016 21:03 #10

• Blackeyes
  • Born to fish, Forced to work
  • Thank you received: 17
Awesome

1998 Bayliner 2452 Ciera Express, 5.0 L 220 hp
2012 Ram 4 x 4 Big Horn - Hemi
Wardsville On. Ca.
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds