Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Capri Rotten floor 1994!!!

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 30 Apr 2008 21:02 #1

• cheeny
  • cheeny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
:ouch Hi all. just started ripping out my capri. its a 1994 "pig in a poke" I think the best way to describe it. Only my second boat and man have I one hell of a job to do. Its getting to that daunting stage now. I'm trying to do the boat in two halves so I can measure etc the other side because I think I gonna get lost. any helpfull comments please. no taking the mick I'm depressed enough.
ha ha

Attached files

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 30 Apr 2008 21:53 #2

• cheeny
if anyone else is tackling this kind of project just now I have lots of photos on an online album. only I dont know how to link it. but you can pm me and I can let you know its address.

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 30 Apr 2008 22:17 #3

• Quakindude
Have you owned that boat since new?

2007 Bayliner 185BR, 3.0L I/O Mercruiser. SX Trim Tabs w/40lb actuators, Hustler 14.25x19p Prop, Humminbird Fishfinder/GPS, chrome thru-hulls and horn, Perko single battery main switch.

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 01 May 2008 02:52 #4

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

cheeny;143107 wrote: if anyone else is tackling this kind of project just now I have lots of photos on an online album. only I dont know how to link it. but you can pm me and I can let you know its address.

First, open your album in your browser. Highlight and copy the URL from the address bar. Then, post a message on this board. IN the editor window, you will see various icons across the top. You should see a small blue globe with a chain link. Click on that to open the "link" dialogue box. Past your URL address and hit enter. It will then put the link into the text and will preview what your test will say (inside the quotation marks). If you then hit End and then Enter again, the address will appear in the test of you message like this:
http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/gallery/album618

However, after you hit enter the first time, the system will preview your insert and will highlight the section which will be displayed. At that point, you can type in whatever your want to appear in the text, like "Link to my Album". Then when you hit enter, the "Link to my album" will appear in the test. Note the link to my album in my signature.

Good Luck & Smooth Cruisin' to ya'll! :arr
The Admiral and Syzygyone
"Afternoon Delight"

Albums - '77 Sea Ray 240 SRV SDB; '03 Bayliner 175

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 01 May 2008 10:30 #5

• cheeny
no I just sold my concorde boat and bought this piece of mush. I knew it need the floor fixed which seemed kind of OK but as I ripped out the floor I noticed the side pockets, walls around helm, seat bases, in fact everythin is mush. The guy left it out in the rain for three years with no cover, apart from that the main thing I thought was the fact that the boat has hardly been used when cleaniing the bodywork inside and out - it looks like brand new - not a scratch or anything maybe light wear on decals etc, and the engine had a rebuild four years ago (got receipt) and started first time. But its no consolation the poor girl has only seen rain Water in the last few years.
Plenty mushrooms wonder if I could make a tasty meal !!!

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 03 May 2008 03:44 #6

• 88fourwinns
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 209
You might want to wander over to iboats and look in the restoration forum, there have been many such projects done there. Looks like when I did my old Four Winns. A BIG JOB but you can make it better than new. Here's some pix of mine:

Attached files

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/144127=3179-ATT00016 (2).jpg [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/144127=3180-Boat 1a.jpg [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/144127=3177-old floor.jpg

88 Four Winns 200 Horizon 4.3 OMC
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

Long Island Sound Region

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 04 May 2008 09:39 #7

• cheeny
nice pics. is that a non slip coating on the floor or carpet. spent yesterday
re-flooring most of it looks ok feeling a bit more confident. but ive noticed the box that makes up the helm is soft too. this is looking more like a major rebuild.
ive already taken out six bin bags of mushy wood already!

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 04 May 2008 09:47 #8

• cheeny
i'll try upload my album thanks for the info

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 04 May 2008 09:49 #9

• cheeny

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 04 May 2008 09:51 #10

• cheeny
syzy cheers it worked.i will add more photos today hopefully of the new floor and seat boxes being rebuilt.

Capri Rotten floor 1994!!! 04 May 2008 16:34 #11

• 88fourwinns
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 209
After I installed the new deck I had the 'glass shop coat it in non-skid gelocoat. Cost more that way but I was able to get rid of the carpet on the floor which contributed to the rot by holding in moisture. You could also put on a non-skid such as Durabak which is like a bed liner but specifically for marine use. Carpet to me has no place in an open boat. I kept it only on the gunnels so I didn't have to re-do them too, not really necessary. There are also non skid paints you can use over the 'glass. All depends on how good you can get your glass work. The only thing good about carpet is that it hides imperfections in the 'glass work!

88 Four Winns 200 Horizon 4.3 OMC
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

Long Island Sound Region
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds