Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!!

1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!! 28 Apr 2008 11:53 #1

• HDPipes05
  • HDPipes05's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Wheeew, Well I'm REALLY happy to say I replaced the Sanitary hose from the Head to Holding tank and my nose is Sooooooo thankful. Amazing that even a 21 year old hose that is EMPTY can smell up a boat so bad. If anyone would like pics I have them and can help walk through the steps I took. Not a job I'd want to do again but it wasnt quite as bad as I expected.

Thanks Fordm for your help!!!!!! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!! 28 Apr 2008 13:32 #2

• HDPipes05

1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!! 28 Apr 2008 13:39 #3

• fordm
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Great job. Did you also replace the suction hose as well??

Jeff, glad to have been able to help. Im suprised that it only took enough time to have one beer. I dragged it out to be an all day affair in order to have a few and to be one with my craft without passangers for once.

1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!! 28 Apr 2008 13:45 #4

• Boatman
  • Thank you received: 7
I have to do the nasty job allso what do i need to do

Mike H

Any Boat A Good Boat
Some just cost more
86 2850 twins 275
Lake ST.Clair MI.

1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!! 28 Apr 2008 13:46 #5

• HDPipes05

fordm;141812 wrote: Great job. Did you also replace the suction hose as well??

Jeff, glad to have been able to help. Im suprised that it only took enough time to have one beer. I dragged it out to be an all day affair in order to have a few and to be one with my craft without passangers for once.

Thanks!! Well I must be honest, there was definatley more then just one beer involved!!!! :D This was an essential part of this task as you well know. I did not replace the suction hose just the "Dump" hose. Blaaaaghhhh

I had a bunch of people ask me what I was up to on Saturday but for some reason no one wanted to help after I told them, they all became busy all of a sudden....Hmmmmm :prod

Im sooooooooooo glad to have this job behind me now. :arr

1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!! 28 Apr 2008 14:40 #6

• HDPipes05

Boatman;141816 wrote: I have to do the nasty job allso what do i need to do

Mike H

Wellllllll, Im not sure about the layout of your boat but here is what I did on my 2750. Head, hose and holding tank are on starbord side in my 2750.

1st was to pull my mattress & headboard. Lots of hidden screws in folds on headboard. I (on Fordm's advice) purchased more hose then I needed for the just incase purpose. 10' to be exact from West Moron. Next drink a beer. then loosen the block that holds the holding tank and moved the tank out as much as possible. Drink another beer. Now cut the end of old hose that goes into the elbow that is going in to holding tank and stuff a rag in it, duck tape the end of hose with rag in it. Then Unscrewed the 90 degree fitting that goes into tank and also stuffed a rag in the tank. Wash hands, get next beer ready and slurp away. Study your work. Now go into aft cabin and remove as much of the 90lbs of caulk that bayliner put around the hose from engine compartment and the aft cabin to the head. Next, cut zip type ties holding old hose in place in aft cabin. Wash hands again and go get a samwich. Return to boat (On way chase children or significant other in house with your poopy hands), get back in boat and study your work. Go back to engine compartment, tape new hose end to old hose end with rag stuffed in it. Now its back to aft cabin, on the way there crank 80's hair band rock you are listening too. Now pull old hose from engine compartment into aft cabin. Be very very careful when you get to the part where hoses are taped together and coming through wall. It may bind up when pulling through the hole. I was NOT careful enough but will save you the NASTY details. :mad: NOW Go wash arms and face!!!! When you return, the new hose is coming through into aft cabin, Untape the two, if they havnt done that for you already.....Blahhhhh... Now go into head, unclamp old hose and again, cut end so it will slide off the head easier. Be ready for some run off. Take a rag/tape to stuff in this end. Now back to aft cabin to pull the rest through. You should have entire old sanitation hose in aft cabin at this time. Dispose of old biohazard hose accordingly. I chose to drive to my buddies house and leave it on the hood of his car who was to busy to help. :D Return to boat, slurp down another cold one and study your work. I was fortunate enough to be able to just push the new hose end through the wall into the head, you may not be so lucky. Now back to engine compartment. Use some sort of caulk on the elbow and screw it back into tank, put some caulk on other end that hose will attach too. Now Heat end of new hose (Makes pushing on elbow MUCH MUCH easier) and push on to cauled elbow. Tighten hose clamps and re-secure holding tank. I used two standard radiator type hose clamps. Now back to the head. Same procedure here as in engine compartment. Re-caulk around hose's going through the walls. Wash hands (and aft cabin floor/walls if necessary) re-install headboard and now try out the head by disposing of beer you just rented during procedure. Last and finally, call your buddy to see if he got your present. Your done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!! 28 Apr 2008 17:05 #7

• Download_Complete
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 551
Boy am I glad I have a porta potty. :)

I never, EVER thought I would ever say that....

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

1987 2750 Stink-O sanitation hose DONE!!! 30 Apr 2008 12:08 #8

• Boatman
  • Thank you received: 7
Thanks for the heads up Boy O Boy i cant wate to get stared

where my tank is theres little room to work in. i no its guna be a bich

Mike H

Any Boat A Good Boat
Some just cost more
86 2850 twins 275
Lake ST.Clair MI.
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds