Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 4788 Engine Room Refurbishment

4788 Engine Room Refurbishment 28 Mar 2008 06:25 #1

• KennyFerret
  • KennyFerret's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17
I should start by saying that this is not a project that I would neccessarily recommend to anyone. I'm sure I didn't know what I was getting myself in for last Winter when I started removing stuff from the engine room. Basically I removed everything from the engine room except the engines. ie aircon pumps, strainers, hoses, oil transfer pump, centre walkway, bilge pumps and the inverter. All the cable ties were removed and wires and fuel lines were suspended above the bilge, with twine and tape while I painted underneath them. Both diesels were sprayed in situ by degreasing and extensive masking. The genset had been overhauled and the Soundshield powdercoated in a previous year. The entire bilge was painted in 2 pot paint (Bilgecoat is not available in NZ and Interlux refused to import it) Did I mention that squeezing a 6' 2" guy around the outboard side of the engines was not a fun thing to do! The final result is probably worth it, but I would never do it again...you be the judge.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ken

'94 4788 - "Crystal Voyager "

If you can dream it, you can do it

4788 Engine Room Refurbishment 28 Mar 2008 14:11 #2

• Bradvo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The prep time shows, it looks great. Wish I had taken more prep time with mine when I painted a few years ago, I have paint on the hoses and when I look at pictures it shows up like a sore thumb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds