Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trophy housekeeping

Trophy housekeeping 24 Mar 2008 00:44 #1

• madmatt192
  • madmatt192's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Last thread on the 1802 I promise.

There is no glove box or cupboard in the Trophy. I need a place for the logbook,fishing orders, many licenses and registration, insurance cards, and all the little things like sunblock, bottle opener, corkscrew, car keys, cell phones, and all that jazz. You can't throw that stuff in a cubby, so I screwed a mesh rail bag from a snailboat to the wall under the dash in the cabin. I can't get the bag to load, it's too big. It's just a mesh rail bag with a couple screws and fender washers. It wouldn't kill Trophy to put a mesh pocket in here somewhere.

These are the downriggers that will fill the fishbox.

These are the guides that will keep the wind from getting me a divorce while loading.

I put this berkeley twist lock rod holder under the dash well and the bow deck in the cabin starboard side. They keep the rods untangled and secure, and the rods can move to the cockpit holders if we want to catch a nap.(they are out of the way of the Admirals potty).

Finally, I mounted 2 more rod holders for the boat hook and landing net on angle on the port outboard wall. This is a good spot that leaves room to walk by and keeps them out of the rod holders or underfoot, yet handy for use.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/126830=2761-downriggers (3).jpg [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/126830=2760-net & hook (3).jpg [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/126830=2763-rod holder butt (3).jpg [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/126830=2762-rod holder tip (2).jpg [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/126830=2759-roller guides (2).jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matt and his beautiful bride NathaLee
2003 265 ciera sunbridge
2004 Trophy 1802

Trophy housekeeping 24 Mar 2008 15:36 #2

• pkrogh
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Don't stop posting your improvements! These are all very good and needed additions to most boats. Even though you aren't getting many comments I'll bet there are a lot of folks reading your posts and starting to think about what they need/want on their own boats.

Good stuff. Keep it coming!

Pete

"KROGHS NEST"
1983 Trophy 2260, '93 VP 250-A/SPA
Nordland , Washington, USA

Trophy housekeeping 24 Mar 2008 16:56 #3

• JohnQ
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Trophy Mods, going down the road to financial ruin :kidding Yah know it's addictive :p check out page 5 in the photo albums :ouch

Upper Left Hand Corner -- Freshwater Bay
1995 2002 W/A Trophy
MMSI Number: 338070644

Trophy housekeeping 24 Mar 2008 20:23 #4

• missrobyn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Matt! You have really been busy with that new boat of yours. Can't wait to see it.
Robyn

Trophy housekeeping 24 Mar 2008 21:34 #5

• Pepsican1
Thanks Matt ! Glad to see some posts on the 1802. Thought I was the only one out there.

Jim
2006/ 1802 Trophy
115 4 stroke merc.

Trophy housekeeping 25 Mar 2008 04:30 #6

• imaginejoey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jim are you in the PNW? I am down here in Oly. I like the mods on your 1802 matt, it's a great boat but light on amenities.

Trophy housekeeping 25 Mar 2008 15:14 #7

• Pepsican1
Joey
Yes, Im in the Bellingham area. Our old boat was a 24.5 Cierra. After a few years of overnighters, the kids lost interest. I decided to scale down to something I could launch easy by myself. Looked around for a long time and decided on the 1802. The boat is great for day trips, and I like the walkaround and portable toilet. With the four stroke, it is nice and easy on fuel, though I do miss my big boat when the weather kicks up.

Trophy housekeeping 26 Mar 2008 01:52 #8

• Aquaholic21
Like the side rollers madmatt - I needed those a month ago when retrieving in a decent swell. My 2052 ended up side ways on the trailer in a split second, then off again - was lucky! But it did snap the end off one of the bunks!

Cheers Pete

2006 2052 Trophy
MS120 1.7L Turbo Diesel
Perth, Downunder :p

Trophy housekeeping 08 Apr 2008 17:51 #9

• ropwoo
madmatt192, I like the idea of adding the rod holders in the cabin. I was thinking about doing a similar addition to hold the stern light when not in use. My only fear was how thick the fiberglass is in the ceiling of the cabin as i don't want to start drilling and end up creating a new skylight:)

What size screws did you use to install the rod holders? Any advice for a fellow 1802 owner? Thanks!

2008 Trophy 1802 WA
Mercury 115 Optimax

Trophy housekeeping 19 Apr 2008 03:06 #10

• madmatt192
  • madmatt192's Avatar Topic Author
I used the screws that came with the holders, about 1 inch I guess. The fiberglass and wood was thick enough where I mounted them under the dash access panel and the lower part of the berth bulkhead. the sides of the cabin above the walkaround and the roof are very thin (3/16) and I did go thru trying to put a coat hook on. I should have paid closer attention, you can tap on it with your fist and tell how thin or thick it is.

Good luck,

Matt

Matt and his beautiful bride NathaLee
2003 265 ciera sunbridge
2004 Trophy 1802
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds