Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 265/275 Swim Platform

265/275 Swim Platform 23 Mar 2008 23:33 #1

• madmatt192
  • madmatt192's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
In case anyone is interested, here is a pic of my 2003 265 Ciera with the swimplatform.com extended swim deck I installed last winter. This is hands down the best money I ever spent on anything for the boat. The platform is like a dance floor now. I find myself fighting fish off the back and feel like I will go in, only to look down and find I have 2 more feet to the end. I installed a remote troll bracket, a 9.8 HP tohatsu 4 stroke plumbed into the main tank, and a cooler tie down with a 36 quart igloo marine cooler. Later in the summer I installed an areator in the cooler and turned into a livewell/fishbox. The new deck is a godsend when the admiral is trying to access the boat in a windstorm. Even if someone fell while trying to board, they would not hit the water now. During the summer we swim a lot with the grandson and the kids, and the new deck is great. I pile it up on long camping trips with my 106 quart cooler too, and there is still room to get by comfortably. It also really helps keep the fish blood on the outside of the boat, and cleans up easy. Total cost with freight was about $1400, added 3 more feet to the most usable area of our boat. I was able to install it in one Saturday. Only needed help to set the platform on a support. As it woked out, I could remove the platfrom from the crate, stand the crate on edge behind the boat, and set the platform on the crate for support. It was only a couple inches low, so easy to shim. There is a minimal amount of fitting involved, but a scribe and an end grinder with a rotary file got me there in a couple hours.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/126785=2751-265 swim.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matt and his beautiful bride NathaLee
2003 265 ciera sunbridge
2004 Trophy 1802

265/275 Swim Platform 24 Mar 2008 00:15 #2

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Looks real nice. Glad you found a good builder for your project upgrade...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

265/275 Swim Platform 24 Mar 2008 00:21 #3

• HDPipes05

Go Aweigh2452;126815 wrote: Looks real nice. Glad you found a good builder for your project upgrade...

Looks awsome!! Thats on my loooooooooong list of things to do also. Mine is getting chalky! I fear this project is a couple of years away though. ;)

265/275 Swim Platform 24 Mar 2008 00:22 #4

• HDPipes05
Looks awsome!! Thats on my loooooooooong list of things to do also. Mine is getting chalky! I fear this project is a couple of years away though. ;)

• Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds