Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Odorsafe hose and your head.....

Odorsafe hose and your head..... 14 Mar 2008 16:09 #1

• The_Sea_Word
  • The_Sea_Word's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The new "Odorsafe" sanitation hose may be the best at odor control, but have you tried installing it? Impossible!!!

It's too stiff to get over standard barbs without a lot of heat and the moves of a crocodile wrestler, and it won't bend into tight radii!!!

So how do you get it to make that last bend upwards to the head pump?

Well, I cut the floor of the head so I could make an access plate that allowed the use of an 1-1/2" barb-to-barb ell. The ell is not so bad, it's smooth and about three inches after the Joker valve so a clog would be removable. The access plate is cut from 1/8" aluminum. The access hole is cut as far inboard as the stringer beneath will allow. There is a stringer there, (on a 2850) so start with a small hole and work outward.

http://www.savetheledges.org/test/misc/head_plate.jpg

This project is now completed, but no "finished" picture, we all know what a head looks like!

-Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Odorsafe hose and your head..... 15 Mar 2008 01:01 #2

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
all I can say is that al. plate is gonna corrode something aweful in that environment...might wanna think about priming and painting it....

:arr arrrrrr

Odorsafe hose and your head..... 15 Mar 2008 04:25 #3

• The_Sea_Word
  • The_Sea_Word's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I couldn't decide between anodizing or a conversion coating, or powdercoating, and was actually getting out the acetone preparatory to doing a powdercoat when I realized I had the remainder of a can of Staybrite in my paint locker. It's very well protected, just doesn't show in the picture because it's a clear lacquer product (the best I know of by far, if you haven't used it).

-Will

• Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds