Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transom trim switch/named boat

Transom trim switch/named boat 09 Mar 2008 01:46 #1

• Quakindude
  • Quakindude's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
So I got bored today with the weather being in the low 40's, I decided to do a couple of things to the boat in the garage.

Finding the trim switch plug wasn't hard, and splicing into the wires was even easier. One 3/8" hole and a couple of pilot holes later, the trim switch was installed. Now before you see the picture, I know what you're going to say. Being where it is, people might grab it coming onto the boat near the ladder like that. Well, I didn't want it towards the center because my 5' wife can't reach over there with the swim platform. Everyone can reach it in the current location. Also, it shouldn't be too hard to tell peeps not to latch onto it trying to come in the boat. There's more room between the switch and the handle/ladder than what appears here.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

We also named the boat today. I used the same letters from the kit when I put the numbers on the side of the boat.

I also have some chrome thru-hulls on the way as well as a chrome horn with integrated cover. So right now, the horn is out and so are the thru-hulls awaiting the UPS guy on Monday.

Nothing big, but it was nice to work on the boat today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2007 Bayliner 185BR, 3.0L I/O Mercruiser. SX Trim Tabs w/40lb actuators, Hustler 14.25x19p Prop, Humminbird Fishfinder/GPS, chrome thru-hulls and horn, Perko single battery main switch.

Transom trim switch/named boat 09 Mar 2008 01:50 #2

• HDPipes05
Nice boat!! Hopefully the weather will get nice here (Low 40's) like they are predicting and Ill be able to get mine home to do some of the stuff on my list too. Well done.

Transom trim switch/named boat 09 Mar 2008 13:59 #3

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
You will love that transom switch. We use it ALL the time. I like the switch there. Mine is rectangular and would only fit properly on a flat surface, hence the location on the transom.

Also like those name and number graphics. Where'd ya get them?

However, I am a bit confused. The horn cover is intergrated with the horn? I thought it was just a grill cover? I am awaiting a call back from Olympic so I hope I have ordered the correct part. See this thread: [URL="http://http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?p=16992&highlight=chrome#post16992"]Chrome Horn Grill for Skygazer[/URL]

[URL="http://http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?p=16992&highlight=chrome#post16992"]Chrome Grill - Skygazer[/URL]

Also, are you getting Chrome Thru Hulls or SS?

Good Luck & Smooth Cruisin' to ya'll! :arr
The Admiral and Syzygyone
"Afternoon Delight"

Albums - '77 Sea Ray 240 SRV SDB; '03 Bayliner 175

Transom trim switch/named boat 09 Mar 2008 16:14 #4

• Quakindude
These are the thru-hulls.

This is the horn . And sorry about that, but you're correct. There is a horn cover. I said integrated because I'm replacing the horn and cover and this one comes with a SS cover already on it. Anything has to sound better than the thing my boat came with. My stock one sounds very muted.

This is the numbering kit I ordered .

Also got one of these for this summer. Airhead Slash II. You're supposed to be able to steer this one across the wake by leaning onto the sides to dig the mounted fins into the water. For $127, it's cheap enough to try out! If we can steer some over not being able to steer at all, it will be well worth it!:arr

2007 Bayliner 185BR, 3.0L I/O Mercruiser. SX Trim Tabs w/40lb actuators, Hustler 14.25x19p Prop, Humminbird Fishfinder/GPS, chrome thru-hulls and horn, Perko single battery main switch.

Transom trim switch/named boat 09 Mar 2008 17:23 #5

• Lazlo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice job Quake - - - I. . . LIKE IT!

Transom trim switch/named boat 11 Mar 2008 16:25 #6

• Quakindude
Here's an update.

Got the thru-hulls in and the horn. The new horn, for only $25, is much nicer and has a deeper, little bit louder tone than the stock horn. The finish is very good.

The thru-hulls are 5x plated plastic. When I ordered them, I thought they were chromed metal. It wasn't until I posted the links to them above that I realized I had ordered the plastic ones. Since this isn't a below the water line install, I went ahead and used them. Can't say I'm unhappy with them either!

Glove box drain thru-hull:

Bilge Pump Thru-Hull:

I also finally installed the Perko battery switch I've had since June 07. It's under the starboard, aft, forward facing seat. All I have to do is pull the seat forward and reach in to turn it on or off. I plan on reinforcing the vertical piece of plywood it is attached to. This is a fairly flimsy piece of plywood that separates the under-seat storage area from the engine compartment.

Transom trim switch/named boat 11 Mar 2008 16:25 #7

• Quakindude
The battery box looks the same as it did before the switch install.

Finally, here's the new prop I got. It's a Hustler 14.25x19P. I bought this one after reading how much Lazlo loves his. I suppose this is one of the ventilation holes Laz has referred to?

That's it. I'm done for this week. I'll do the reinforcement of that piece of plywood this weekend probably. I'm considering adding a helm mounted radio controller as well as a couple of speakers for the aft area of the boat. I just need to figure out where I might mount them. :arr

Transom trim switch/named boat 11 Mar 2008 20:01 #8

• Boating Marx
Nice work, I like it. More to add to my list.

2000 1850LX 4.3LH
SS Smart tabs 60lb
SS Apollo 23p
Mark

Transom trim switch/named boat 12 Mar 2008 21:29 #9

• WTP07
Hey QD,

Not trying to hijack your thread...but here is where I put my rear speakers...

Had room to put 6x9's....still might

Randy.

'86 Cruisers Inc 336 Ultra Vee
'86 Sea Ray 268 Sundancer - SOLD
'08 Bayliner BR185 - SOLD
'64 Munro Mercury - SOLD

[/URL]Boat: A hole in the water surrounded by fibreglass into which one pours money.

Transom trim switch/named boat 12 Mar 2008 22:44 #10

• Quakindude
Thanks Randy! I've seen your pics before. That's more than likely where I'll put mine. :arr

Transom trim switch/named boat 12 Mar 2008 23:03 #11

• 2651 got fun?
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I love the transom switch! makes putting trailering clips on and off a cake walk!

• Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds