TOPIC: 12v power point installed in the cabin

12v power point installed in the cabin 03 Mar 2008 05:04 #1

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Go Aweigh2452's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Well, I got the new 12v power point installed but did not have the camera close by so will take a couple of photos tomorrow. I installed it directly in the middle of the dinette table shelf nearest the interior hull and between the two cup holders. Ran wire inside the dinette seat nearest the helm and under the steps coming into the cabin.

I had a heck of a time finding a way to snake the wire from the back of the dash to the cabin. So I installed a new 12 v bus under the steps from the MBSS using heavy gauge wire, I think it was 3 gauge. So now I have a new bus to wire anything from inside the cabin area without compromising or fishing wire from the helm instrument panel and the bulkhead and cabin. Besides there are 13 screws to unscrew every time I get behind that dash instrument panel... and now I need to replace a few of them that are annoyingly ugly to look at...

Anyway, got a couple more labels to make and install on the new wiring and will button that project up...

Next may be the new ice cube maker (after I buy off ebay)... still in a quandary about where I will install and tap the water into it...
but it will be in the cockpit area...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12v power point installed in the cabin 04 Mar 2008 04:59 #2

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Go Aweigh2452's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
OK, here are the photos. As I stated before, I could not find a good path from the instrument panel to the cabin so I added a new bus under the steps inside the cabin. Now I can add about anything I want without compromising the bulkhead between the helm and the cabin. Besides, it was a pain to unscrew the instrument panel with the 13 screws...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds