• Page:

TOPIC: I can no longer log in

I can no longer log in 28 Apr 2015 02:43 #1

• MonteVista
  • MonteVista's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 179
I can no longer log in from my iPAD or iPhone. It rejects my username/password and if I click on the "forgot my password" option (I know I did not forget it!) it says it will send me an email but I don't receive an email. I am still logged in on my iMAC and I am afraid of logging off and trying to log back in again.

Can you assist me? If I log off from the iMAC also and can't connect back how can I get in touch with an admin who can assist me?

P.S. I hope I didn't anger any one and did not get kicked out!!!

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Retired, computer expert / executive
Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: by whiskywizard. Reason: Removed personal contact info

I can no longer log in 28 Apr 2015 02:53 #2

• crowder.dr
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 116
Are you on the same network (ip address) ? Clicking on the forgot password will send an email check your junk email. What message if any do you see when you try to log in ? Are your caps lock off ? If you or anyone gets locked out and cannot reach BOC you can always contact me at CBOC and I can relay messages to Mike till he gets you back up and running.

I can no longer log in 28 Apr 2015 02:59 #3

• MonteVista
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, I am on the same network but I noticed the issue forst when I was on a different network. It shouldn't matter. I restarted the iPAD and no change. CAP lock is not on.

When I try to log in (i.e. fill in the empty username and password boxes) it simply returns back to that same page with the empty boxes and no error message. If I click on the "forgot my password" link, it opens a new page, with a window for my email address and a security (CAPTCHA) word. It says it will send me a msg. I fill those and it opens up a new login page with empty usename and password windows and I receive no message in my email box, neither in my inbox or the spam box.

Thanks,

I can no longer log in 29 Apr 2015 00:13 #4

• MonteVista
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I did a lot of debugging and the issue is related to Safari on a specific iPAD and the issue may be "wrong" communication between that Safari and the Bayliner website. Here is a summary of the entire issue and my debug activity. Can you assist?

ISSUE and DEBUG:
When I log into the bayliner owners club forum it asks for my username and password. On all other devices, including my wife's iPAD it correctly recognizes my userid and password but does not recognize them on my iPAD. It just returns back to the same page and asks for them again. Furthermore, if I click on “forgot my password” link it opens the correct page to ask me my email address and also fill in the security word. If I type in the wrong security word it rejects it so I know it is reading the keyboard correctly. When I hit ENTER it is supposed to send me email for password change but it goes to the correct page where I can type in my userid and the “new” password but I never receive email!

I checked if the CAPS LOCK is on, and also checked that I am using the correct English keyboard on my iPAD. I even connected my Bluetooth keypad to the iPAD and typed my userid/password on it, still it will not recognize my entries.

The strange thing is that on the same iPAD and without making any changes I can use Google Chrome and everything works! I don’t notice any issue using Safari on any other website?

This appears to be a network related issue since it goes to the bayliner site but each time, when responding to that site, it is as if wrong info is being sent from the iPAD. May be my email address also is being sent wrong and that is why I am not receiving an email from bayliner. I cleared all history on Safari, tried safari in normal as well as private mode, also normal as well as behind a VPN. No change.

Safari is integrated into the iPAD OS and there is no separate update of Safari possible. My iPAD has the latest version (iOS 8.3)

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

I can no longer log in 29 Apr 2015 05:01 #5

• MonteVista
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I made an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar for tomorrow to see if they can figure out what's happening. Right now the only two possibilities that I can think of for these issues are (a) something wrong on the BOC site where the IP address and/or latest login somehow messes things up, or (b) something wrong with the latest IOS upgrade on the iPAD that messes with the communications with the web site.

I shall post the findings, if any, by the Apple Genius engineer after my visit.

Thanks,

I can no longer log in 29 Apr 2015 09:13 #6

• whiskywizard
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Out exploring the waters of the Kawartha Lakes
  • Thank you received: 252
I've been through your recent posts on iPad and iPhone issues. And I've gone over the site settings. I do get this complaint, but it comes from only a few iOS users, not everyone, so it's almost certain it's your iOS-based devices and not the site.

Personally, I access BOC from 2 different iPads, 1 iPhone 5, and 2 MacBook Pros. I have experienced the same problem before and it was due to iOS Safari saving access user names and passwords, and sharing them between devices, and then delivering up the wrong one even when I tried to send new ones.

On BOTH your phone and iPad, go to Settings/Safari/passwords and auto fill. Delete all your saved BOC passwords there and set new ones.

Regards
Whiskywizard
[/COLOR]

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.
- Ferris Bueller

I can no longer log in 29 Apr 2015 09:49 #7

• Chief Alen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Thank you received: 1079
I had a slight problem like that Monte .... i threw out all the cookies, for Boc.

Then logged in and i clicked on the save box.

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

I can no longer log in 29 Apr 2015 12:06 #8

• TerryW
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Have you contacted admin using the "contact us" page?

I had an episode where I couldn't login from France (France - a very dodgy place - loads of nasty scammers - joke). The very nice admin person gave me temporary access while I was away. All it was, was the website's black-list security processing. They are very sophisticated these days and may block based on location and/or IP and/or mac address and/or browser and/or device type or a strange mix of all of them.

Terry (Retired Diving Instructor and Part Time IT Consultant)
1998 Bayliner 2452. 5.7l V8 - Edelbrock 1409 4bbl - Alpha1Gen2 - Solent UK.
MMSI 235061726
Last Edit: by TerryW.

I can no longer log in - RESOLVED!!! 29 Apr 2015 18:03 #9

• MonteVista
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, I finally resolved the issue. I am not sure which one solved it but I followed various suggestions and did the following:

Go to SETTINGS on the iPAD and select SAFARI
1) Clear all website data for Safari
2) Erase all saved name/passwords for the bayliner website
3) Set cookies to ALLOW ALL

(1) erases existing cookie/data, just in case they take you to not to where you want but to where you may have been!
(2) Safari can save userid/passowrd combinations and may be sending those rather than what you type in
(3) The Bayliner web site may be wanting to set cookies and unable to do so, it may be confused!

Thank you all for your suggestions. I was dangerously close to being cut off from my daily BOC fix.

Enjoy!

I can no longer log in 29 Apr 2015 22:16 #10

• whiskywizard
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Out exploring the waters of the Kawartha Lakes
  • Thank you received: 252
That's good to hear Bulent.

There' a good reminder here. You wouldn't believe the number of requests for help that I get that almost inevitably have nothing to do with the BOC site software and everything to do with screwed up home PCs, phones and tablets. Occam's Razor.

Regards
Whiskywizard
[/COLOR]

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.
- Ferris Bueller
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds