Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 16:34 #51

• Drifter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55

MartyUK wrote: Can we stop talking about posts now please ....I have been putting up fencing for the last two weeks , seen more posts than I wish for....Marty :whistle:

ROFLMAO! :lol: Humor always trumps everything. Don't sweat the petty stuff or was it don't pet the sweaty stuff. I bet it will settle down when the weather gets better. My Admiral gave out some good advise. She said " You can disagree without being disagreeable" Certainly applies here. As always I think you guys are doing a tremendously AWESOME job......Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike &Ulla
2355 Bayliner SJ
Cowichan Bay,B.C
Casara Pilot
Photo Album

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 18:08 #52

• Alaskanmutt
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Thank you received: 323

2850Bounty wrote: Speaking of threads disappearing.
As you can imagine, the Volvo Penta AQ series BOC members, as well as myself, are rather disappointed when we now attempt to use the Volvo Penta AQ series frequent Q's A's Vault thread.
I spent quite a bit of my free/no cost time putting this thread together over the years, and all in the name of helping our AQ series owners.

Click on my hyperlinks that should be leading us to past BOC threads that were once very helpful.
Here's what you'll see:

The requested page cannot be found.

baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/v...quent-q-s-a-s#457240

Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."
Last Edit: by Alaskanmutt.

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 19:39 #53

• jamie mac
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
If threads are being deleted because they have no value this would be a good one to delete.

[/U]
BYEBYEBLUE 2011 DISCOVERY 266 350 MAG B3
BEACHPOINT,PEI,CANADA
PREVIOUS BAYLINERS
1997 BAYLINER 175 3.0 L
1996 BAYLINER 1952 3.0L
2009 BAYLINER DISCOVERY 4.3L
2006 MAINSHIP RUMRUNNER

I AM THE CAPTAIN AS LONG AS MY WIFE GIVES ME PERMISSION

JAMIE AND LIZ MAC KINNON
http://cdnbaylinerownersclub.com/

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 20:00 #54

• Incommunicado
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10

jamie mac wrote: If threads are being deleted because they have no value this would be a good one to delete.

+1

Bill
1993 3888 with Hino 210s
2005 Selene 55

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 20:13 #55

• 2850Bounty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1121

Alaskanmutt wrote: baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/v...quent-q-s-a-s#457240

It's not the hyperlink to the main AQ series thread that is the issue........, it's all of the hyperlinks that I created to the past BOC threads that were relative to the AQ series help.
These are the thread links that no longer work.

Rick E. Portland, Oregon
2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
Twin 270 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 20:14 #56

• Alaskanmutt
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Thank you received: 323
Email sent

Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 20:52 #57

• crowder.dr
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 116

2850Bounty wrote:

Alaskanmutt wrote: baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/v...quent-q-s-a-s#457240

It's not the hyperlink to the main AQ series thread that is the issue........, it's all of the hyperlinks that I created to the past BOC threads that were relative to the AQ series help.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 21:40 #58

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 553

crowder.dr wrote:

2850Bounty wrote:

You know, there's still a good amount of people running these AQ series drives, and having gone through some of that information, there's a lot of really good and informative stuff in there.

Just an observation.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 21:56 #59

• Jeffw
  • Arizona Coast
  • Thank you received: 451

jamie mac wrote: If threads are being deleted because they have no value this would be a good one to delete.

I'm sure it will be, say by March 21st. Until then, it's a good winter-bitch-basket. B)

Jeff & Tara
(And Ginger too)
Lake Havasu City, AZ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2000 Bayliner 2858
"GETA WAY"
MMSI: 338094599
In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 21:57 #60

• crowder.dr
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Download_Complete wrote:

crowder.dr wrote:

2850Bounty wrote:

You know, there's still a good amount of people running these AQ series drives, and having gone through some of that information, there's a lot of really good and informative stuff in there.

Just an observation.

Yep there is some good info in there :) . However it contains more links that are not broken YET :ohmy: . In addition more posts are created daily with some really good information, but again with links to other sites, other image providers, youtube ..... :sick: My point to Rick, several times now, and others was that if its important enough that you don't want to loose it then either copy and paste the text your linking to, upload the photo here or better yet create an article that is searchable. It is unfortunate that the links don't work but at the end of the day the links don't work and no amount of continually pointing out that the old links don't work will fix them, they will continue to just not work. :(

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 25 Feb 2015 23:26 #61

• HUSKEY BAY
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 85
I am new here. Don't give a rat's patootie about numbers but sure enjoy the ideas, suggestions, advise and guidance provided. I look forward to reciprocating when appropriate. In fact , just completed major projects and will send photos of work completed.......as soon as my son shows me how!!! Thanks to all.

PS> probably misspelled '"patootie"....but may use it for my next boats name.

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 26 Feb 2015 00:58 #62

• 2850Bounty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1121

Download_Complete wrote: 1..... You know, there's still a good amount of people running these AQ series drives, and having gone through some of that information, 2...... there's a lot of really good and informative stuff in there.
Just an observation.

1..... I fully agree. These drives aren't going away anytime soon.

2...... Matt, that is not so. Try activating a few of the links to past BOC threads. Most do not work any longer.

crowder.dr wrote: 1..... Yep there is some good info in there :) .
2.... However it contains more links that are not broken YET :ohmy: . In addition more posts are created daily with some really good information, but again with links to other sites, other image providers, youtube ..... :sick:
3..... My point to Rick, several times now, and others was that if its important enough that you don't want to loose it then either copy and paste the text your linking to, upload the photo here
4..... or better yet create an article that is searchable.
5..... It is unfortunate that the links don't work
6.... but at the end of the day the links don't work and no amount of continually pointing out that the old links don't work will fix them, they will continue to just not work. :(

1.... Past tense.... Was!

2.... I've not seen these unbroken links to past BOC threads.
Many of my other links appear to be working.

3.... My point to the responsible party is...... why or how would any of us have known that these were at risk?
And if we had been notified of a possible loss, perhaps one of us would have done a back-up of some sort.
I do not recall any such warning being presented!

4..... These topics were searchable at one time.

5.... Yes, it certainly is!

6..... If that is the BOC's attitude, we just leave it alone. :S

Let's say that YOU spent countless hours putting an informative thread together, and not only put it together, but YOU put it in the "Vault" section, where YOU thought that it would be safe and available for years to come!
YOU later learn that most.... yes MOST of the hyperlinks to past BOC threads no longer work.

Would you just chalk it up and say.... "oh well.... it was good while it lasted"?
Or would you be more inclined to be curious and want to learn what in the heck happened to all of YOUR efforts?

As an onlooker who had a vested interest in that thread, it would appear that a fair amount of disregard was given to the importance of it.

Rick E. Portland, Oregon
2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
Twin 270 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 26 Feb 2015 01:18 #63

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Not sure if I missed Rick's point but if the link is gone, it is gone. We can not resurrect a link that no longer exists... Dave posted some reasons behind why it may have happen. To think someone went in and deliberately deleted the links is not true. Due to the transfer from the VBulletin to this software many older posts were lost. They are gone. We had many issues with the company we used to attempt to salvage the older posts on VB... we got what we got... they are GONE...

Dave's suggestion is a good one. OP's ought to take the time to transfer their older threads they want to keep and put them in an article format. That way, they won't be buried based on last date of posting. It would also make them easier to search for information...

Bottom line, they are gone... not available, not coming back... Only suggestion would be to look for the same info OP posted on other sites and repost here in an article format... its not hard...

In the mean time... forget about the lost links... they are.... wait for it....... GONE...

get over it...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 26 Feb 2015 01:41 #64

• whiskywizard
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Out exploring the waters of the Kawartha Lakes
  • Thank you received: 252
Web links are transient at best. An analogy would be you writing a technical paper and instead of publishing your references you instead drew maps to where the referenced books were on the library shelves. Books get moved, or discarded, libraries get moved, the maps soon become meaningless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Download_Complete

Regards
Whiskywizard
[/COLOR]

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.
- Ferris Bueller
Last Edit: by whiskywizard.

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 26 Feb 2015 02:19 #65

• crowder.dr
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

2850Bounty wrote: 3.... My point to the responsible party is...... why or how would any of us have known that these were at risk?
And if we had been notified of a possible loss, perhaps one of us would have done a back-up of some sort.

As an onlooker who had a vested interest in that thread, it would appear that a fair amount of disregard was given to the importance of it.

3. The responsible party would be the Hackers that brought BOC to it knees. I am sure the next time they hack BOC they will give plenty of notice :whistle: As for the total disregard as to the importance of the information you are correct and I have lodged a complaint with the BHB, Better Hackers Bureau. I am sure we will not have a repeat of any such disregard :evil:

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 26 Feb 2015 07:52 #66

• Jeffw
  • Arizona Coast
  • Thank you received: 451
Another analogy...

I spend a fair amount of money on a fireproof safe, with a 30 minute guarantee. In the safe I keep important papers, firearms and jewelry. Through no fault of my own, my natural gas water heater explodes, setting my house on fire. It takes the VOLUNTEER fire department 45 minutes to get there and get the fire under control. But after 30 minutes, the important papers burn and the firearms and jewelry are heavily damaged. Wait for it...

THE PAPERS ARE GONE!

The VOLUNTEER firemen did the best they could, and had I known, I could have made copies and bought a 60 minute rated safe... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crowder.dr

Jeff & Tara
(And Ginger too)
Lake Havasu City, AZ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2000 Bayliner 2858
"GETA WAY"
MMSI: 338094599
In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010
Last Edit: by Jeffw.

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 04 Mar 2015 11:52 #67

• Chief Alen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Thank you received: 1079
All i wanna know is where do i go to complain about all the people complaining; concerning the way this site is run !

I also have a bunch of other complaints .... the freeking lady in the doctors office yesterday, she cut one loose, the pictures on the walls were rattling, and sounded like a plane hit the building.

I have more if people want to hear it ?

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Why the boc forum is sooooooo F'ed up !!! and why people complain 04 Mar 2015 15:36 #68

• rafaelfigueira
  • Thank you received: 103

2850Bounty wrote: 3.... My point to the responsible party is...... why or how would any of us have known that these were at risk?

Even coffee cup manufactures are more responsible:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Rafael Figueira
1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds