Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 19:43 #51

• Chief Alen
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Thank you received: 1079
I don't think it was a shot at anybody.

If any member in good standing wishs to post they can.

No one can force anyone to post.

This is the correct forum for discussion of forum matters.

Not yachts. Admirals corner, or any other forum ...

In my humble opinion .
Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 19:45 #52

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127

Terry J wrote: Mike, I agree on post 12 as being inappropriate. It would be the last thing that is said to start an all out bar room fight. It clearly was posted to start/keep an argument going and to cause even more bad blood. I don't think a mod should do that. If you look at what whiskey wizard stated that he is looking in a new mod is "more important good communication skills, evenhandedness, a sense of what's right and knowledge of the rules" so it sounds like we are moving in the right direction. I can't speak for Smitty (Ron) but it sounds to me that it's this type of thing he finds "disturbing".
As for chief's gas tank, let it go, it's counter productive. He has stated time and again what he did. if you really need to, go and have a look. I believe there may be an open invitation. And Ken's right. It was a good post (the gas tank) it showed a process of starting out one way and finishing the right way. If we start calling people in a round about way liars (I wish I could think of a better word) then we are no better than post 12.

Terry

Btw: I don't know Rick, never have spoke or emailed or pm'ed.

Either you are referring to a #12 post in another thread or something was deleted as I don't see anything wrong with #12 post in this thread.
Not that I want to know what was said but a little clarity on the #12 might be helpful or others might do as I did and have a look at post #12 in this thread.

Ken
Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 19:54 #53

• Terry J
  • Thank you received: 25
Hi Ken, it was in reference to a different thread. As I understand it's being edited, I can't even remember what it said as it's water under the bridge :)
Terry
1982 3270
Volvo BB 140 A's
MS 3 trannys

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 20:02 #54

• Gilligan
  • Gilligan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Ken,

#12 is from a link in another discussion I posted. Scroll up and you see it - on my phone it's hard to link easily.

The comment Alaska made was in direct reference to Ricks not wanting to return and he said something to the effect of, "sure says a lot about a man." To chief and Alaska, if I'm reading that wrong I apologize, but I don't think I am. Please tell me Alaska, what you meant by that statement, so I can understand.

Part of the communication breakdown is people denying what they said and then we get derailed into that argument.

Ken, you said earlier "The best person we every had in the tech section was driven of this site because someone kept rewording his posts." And then later denied saying he was driven off. That I said it... It's at this point the conversation gets crazy.

As to "letting stuff go"... I'm all for that after resolution. I'm just not good with the unresolved in some matters. I'm sorry for that.

I know this thread has bled on and those who choose to follow and engage, that's great. If not, don't click on it - that's great too. But lets stay civil and find resolution... Only good comes from resolution.

In all sincerity,
Mike

Mike C.
1985 Bayliner Contessa Command Bridge :coo-
Brand New (2013) Custom Volvo Penta 7.4GL with Full closed cooling
Duo Prop and SS props:go-
Through hull exhaust with fiberglass mufflers and through hull raw water intake
35 Gal. FW Tank, 10 Gal. Holding Tank
9'6" Baltik Dinghy with Evinrude...

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 20:39 #55

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Gilligan wrote: Ken,

#12 is from a link in another discussion I posted. Scroll up and you see it - on my phone it's hard to link easily.

The comment Alaska made was in direct reference to Ricks not wanting to return and he said something to the effect of, "sure says a lot about a man." To chief and Alaska, if I'm reading that wrong I apologize, but I don't think I am. Please tell me Alaska, what you meant by that statement, so I can understand.

Part of the communication breakdown is people denying what they said and then we get derailed into that argument.

Ken, you said earlier "The best person we every had in the tech section was driven of this site because someone kept rewording his posts." And then later denied saying he was driven off. That I said it... It's at this point the conversation gets crazy.

As to "letting stuff go"... I'm all for that after resolution. I'm just not good with the unresolved in some matters. I'm sorry for that.

I know this thread has bled on and those who choose to follow and engage, that's great. If not, don't click on it - that's great too. But lets stay civil and find resolution... Only good comes from resolution.

In all sincerity,
Mike

Mike why are you going on and on about this, I stand by what I posted 100% you are the one that keeps trying to stir the pot and start a fight over this maybe a mod will step in and edit your post. They have no value and are only posted to start something.

Terry thanks for the clarification that was all that was needed.

Ken

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 20:44 #56

• PugetMike
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • PS'er BS'er
  • Thank you received: 126
No good will come from this thread and a high risk of harm

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 20:47 #57

• robster_in_edmonds
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 241
Mike, over 2,000 posts and a total of two thank yous? Give it a rest and start posting useful/helpful tips on how to fix stuff that's broken ON YOUR BOAT, good ideas on how to make things better ON YOUR BOAT, or ways to save money ON YOUR BOAT. I don't think BOC needs more kibitzing on how it should be moderated from the peanut gallery.

Now I'm headed back to the Motoryacht section to see if I can provide any helpful notes ABOUT MY BOAT! :-)
Rob Meldrum
Commodore, Edmonds Yacht Club (2014-2015)
"Miss Maui" * 1997 Bayliner 4788 * Cummins 330s

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 21:14 #58

• Gilligan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I disagree Puget. I hope you're ok with that since we all don't agree on everything. Robin, or whatever his name apparently isn't.

I still have some very simple questions on the table. Ken chose not to answer so I won't address that one anymore.

I hope at the very least Alaskamutt can continue this conversation to a resolve of truth. I am not the only one who has spoken up and this is not pot stirring, no matter how many times ken says it.

Lets not distract from the conversation anymore and just let intelligent people answer some questions intelligently.

Mike C.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 21:16 #59

• Brad 3055
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Hey look a squirrel!
Brad and Marti

FOR SALE: 2001 Ciera 3055 SE "Straight Up"

Twin 5.7 / B2
Westerbeke 4.5
Raymarine C80
2011 Yamaha VXR 1800
2006 Yamaha VX 1100 Deluxe
Tower Park Marina
California Delta

Sea Ray 370 Sundancer 1995 on the way!

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 21:26 #60

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 551

Iproff wrote:

Gilligan wrote: Ken,

In all sincerity,
Mike

Mike why are you going on and on about this, I stand by what I posted 100% you are the one that keeps trying to stir the pot and start a fight over this maybe a mod will step in and edit your post. They have no value and are only posted to start something.

Terry thanks for the clarification that was all that was needed.

Ken

I have no dog in this fight, except to say this.

At every Rick-Tantrum, you are usually the center of it. Just sayin'.

Mike raises very valid concerns and I stand by what he is doing. I also disagree that Don S was the best technical person we have, but that is a matter of opinion.

Just my opinion. Carry on....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilligan
Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 21:32 #61

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Gilligan wrote: I disagree Puget. I hope you're ok with that since we all don't agree on everything. Robin, or whatever his name apparently isn't.

I still have some very simple questions on the table. Ken chose not to answer so I won't address that one anymore.

I hope at the very least Alaskamutt can continue this conversation to a resolve of truth. I am not the only one who has spoken up and this is not pot stirring, no matter how many times ken says it.

Lets not distract from the conversation anymore and just let intelligent people answer some questions intelligently.

What question

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 21:41 #62

• Gilligan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
My oversight. I actually forgot to pose the question and ended up making a statement so I'll leave it at that and you can respond if you like.

Heres what I said, "Ken, you said earlier "The best person we ever had in the tech section was driven of this site because someone kept rewording his posts." And then later denied saying he was driven off - that I said it... It's at this point the conversation gets crazy."

I don't know why people would rather deny saying something instead of just standing by it or correcting themselves.

Mike C.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 21:56 #63

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Gilligan wrote: My oversight. I actually forgot to pose the question and ended up making a statement so I'll leave it at that and you can respond if you like.

Heres what I said, "Ken, you said earlier "The best person we ever had in the tech section was driven of this site because someone kept rewording his posts." And then later denied saying he was driven off - that I said it... It's at this point the conversation gets crazy."

I don't know why people would rather deny saying something instead of just standing by it or correcting themselves.

I did post that I stand by my post 100%. I have not changed it as of this post check the date and time.
I have answered the question you never asked there seems to nothing else for you to argue about with me. Time to move on before summer camp starts for you.

Ken

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 22:19 #64

• PugetMike
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • PS'er BS'er
  • Thank you received: 126

robster_in_edmonds wrote: Mike, over 2,000 posts and a total of two thank yous? Give it a rest and start posting useful/helpful tips on how to fix stuff that's broken ON YOUR BOAT, good ideas on how to make things better ON YOUR BOAT, or ways to save money ON YOUR BOAT. I don't think BOC needs more kibitzing on how it should be moderated from the peanut gallery.

Now I'm headed back to the Motoryacht section to see if I can provide any helpful notes ABOUT MY BOAT! :-)

that would be 52, and I will voice my opinion whenever or whereever I please

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 22:47 #65

• Davidlyne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 82
I think it is a shame anyone leaves for trying to help... This is getting like a school yard... how many of us would tolerate our kids getting cyber bullied online??? This isn't far from it people. If this BS keeps up, I don't know if I will bother with the BOC.
David
1999 Bayliner 1750 Capri. 3l Mercruiser Alpha

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 22:50 #66

• Jeffw
  • Arizona Coast
  • Thank you received: 451
Alright guys, everybody needs to relax. I have no dog in this hunt, so let's come to some conclusions.

1. We're not having elections for moderators.
2. We all don't always agree, but we abide by the rules.
3. If we break the rules, we get a time-out. (this should show as suspended, not banned IMO.)
4. Time-outs are almost always preceded by a warning, either posted, or PM.
5. The membership is not going to be notified of any member's suspension or banning.
6. Most of us agree that the horse has been beaten enough.

If I have forgotten anything, speak up now, then go have a beer or something on your boat or back porch.

I think I can say I speak for the other moderators, we don't have favorites, we try as best we can to be fair and impartial. If it appears otherwise, maybe you missed something or don't have all the facts. Awhile back, i was getting banned frequently, a few times deserved. I complained higher up the ladder, but also offered my time to serve as moderator if and when the BOC needed it. Here I am. If you're not happy with an individual moderator, try a PM. And remember gents, the keyboard can sometimes be your enemy, so if you're ticked off about something or someone, type your post or PM, then walk away for awhile, come back and re-read it before you post it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whiskywizard
Jeff & Tara
(And Ginger too)
Lake Havasu City, AZ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2000 Bayliner 2858
"GETA WAY"
MMSI: 338094599
In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 22:53 #67

• nitsuj
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
This is useless dead horse beating. I've said it before, there are some "old timers" here that seem to have a personal problem with some other members here. The "old timers" are either mods, or buddies with mods. In any altercation, the mods take a clear side. This much isn't in dispute, it can be shown time and time again. The rules are set in stone for some, but open to interpretation for others. The last line of the rules is "All of the above is at the sole discretion of the BOC administrators and is not open to debate." So guess what? If a mod disagrees with you, you get banned, just or not. It's not a democracy, and it's only a club by name alone.

This far, not one mod seems willing to cop to it, or admit changes could be made. We've been told several times, thanks for discussing it, but we decide, your discussions mean nothing. It's stay the course, business as usual. That's just the way it is, and the way it's going to be. The rest of us must decide for ourselves if we'd like to keep participating or move along. As we've also been told, none of us (or all of us by extention) are indispensable.
Justin
Pittsburgh PA
1986 2550 Ciera (work in progress)
1967 Johnson Surfer 19', restored
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 22:56 #68

• Jeffw
  • Arizona Coast

PugetMike wrote:

robster_in_edmonds wrote: Mike, over 2,000 posts and a total of two thank yous? Give it a rest and start posting useful/helpful tips on how to fix stuff that's broken ON YOUR BOAT, good ideas on how to make things better ON YOUR BOAT, or ways to save money ON YOUR BOAT. I don't think BOC needs more kibitzing on how it should be moderated from the peanut gallery.

that would be 52, and I will voice my opinion whenever or whereever I please

He was referring to Mike C., aka Gilligan.
Jeff & Tara
(And Ginger too)
Lake Havasu City, AZ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2000 Bayliner 2858
"GETA WAY"

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 23:04 #69

• nitsuj
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Iproff wrote: Time to move on before summer camp starts for you.
Ken

That's twice in this thread you've passively aggressively mentioned someone you disagree with may get banned. You're posting just to keep arguing too, yes? So why is it that you're so sure that a mod would take your side and ban the guy you disagree rather than ban you? (BTW, debate is encouraged, per the rules.)

It's ok that you guys (mods and buddies) follow a different set of rules than the rest of us. That's just sort of how authority works. People get power, people abuse power. But you guys could at least try to hide it. You're all coming right out and saying it, then denying you ever said it. One guy made a statement that could literally be taken no other way than as a shot at someone behind their back. Then denied it was a shot, then finally deleted the shot. All the while, the mods were warning the rest of us for pointing out the shot.
Justin
Pittsburgh PA
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
Last Edit: by nitsuj.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 23:06 #70

• Pau Hana
  • Thank you received: 44

nitsuj wrote: This is useless dead horse beating. I've said it before, there are some "old timers" here that seem to have a personal problem with some other members here. The "old timers" are either mods, or buddies with mods. In any altercation, the mods take a clear side. This much isn't in dispute, it can be shown time and time again. The rules are set in stone for some, but open to interpretation for others. The last line of the rules is "All of the above is at the sole discretion of the BOC administrators and is not open to debate." So guess what? If a mod disagrees with you, you get banned, just or not. It's not a democracy, and it's only a club by name alone.

This far, not one mod seems willing to cop to it, or admit changes could be made. We've been told several times, thanks for discussing it, but we decide, your discussions mean nothing. It's stay the course, business as usual. That's just the way it is, and the way it's going to be. The rest of us must decide for ourselves if we'd like to keep participating or move along. As we've also been told, none of us (or all of us by extention) are indispensable.

Justin, I can tell you you're incorrect on your assumptions regarding the mods and favoritism. There is but one set of BOC forum rules, and they apply to all. There is no favoritism towards any members. Also, there is much behind the scenes discussion that occur before any disciplinary action occurs- we are human, after all.

You are correct- the BOC is not a democracy. That's a good thing. You are also correct that we all have the choice to participate or not. Again, a good thing. Were the BOC a democracy, there would be much more turmoil and unrest with the membership than is occurring now.

Rob stated it best- Start posting useful/helpful info and tips about your boat.

Happy boating!
Pete
Marine Insurance Guru & tuna fishing addict!
1989 52' PT Overseas Yachtfisher
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries." - Churchill
Like us on Facebook- ...

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 23:25 #71

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

nitsuj wrote:

Iproff wrote: Time to move on before summer camp starts for you.
Ken

That's twice in this thread you've passively aggressively mentioned someone you disagree with may get banned. You're posting just to keep arguing too, yes? So why is it that you're so sure that a mod would take your side and ban the guy you disagree rather than ban you? (BTW, debate is encouraged, per the rules.)

It's ok that you guys (mods and buddies) follow a different set of rules than the rest of us. That's just sort of how authority works. People get power, people abuse power. But you guys could at least try to hide it. You're all coming right out and saying it, then denying you ever said it. One guy made a statement that could literally be taken no other way than as a shot at someone behind their back. Then denied it was a shot, then finally deleted the shot. All the while, the mods were warning the rest of us for pointing out the shot.

There are two people that use that phrase say hi for me. The comment was nothing to do with being banned you are reading more into my posts than you should. What is this with you and Mike about buddies and mods showing favorites a number of mods and ex mods have told you it is not so but you keep going on about it. I posted my opinion period, Mike didn't like it, too bad, he says he wants an answer to a question he never asked me, which I did answer by the way.

This thread is way past done.

Ken

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 23:30 #72

• Four Pyrates
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
[quote="Iproff" post=582825

This thread is way past done.

Ken[/quote]

You are right. Time for me and the ex to cruise down the coast and watch the sunset.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 23:30 #73

• nitsuj
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Pau Hana wrote: Justin, I can tell you you're incorrect on your assumptions regarding the mods and favoritism.

Right. Except you guys keep proving me right.

Rob stated it best- Start posting useful/helpful info and tips about your boat.

Are you telling me that in your official capacity as a mod? Debate is allowed here, no? And this is the correct forum for discussing this, right? Did you post here just to keep the argument going? You're welcome to check out my posts here. The vast majority are either asking for help, or to offer help. I'm pretty comfortable with my activity on this forum.
Justin
Pittsburgh PA

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 23:42 #74

• Jeffw
  • Arizona Coast
Right. Except you guys keep proving me right.

I am one of those guys, what "proof" are you offering? It seems to me you and others are expressing opinion. I for one am trying to bring this issue to conclusion. Did you read my post #66? What else are we missing? What is left to debate? What is the best outcome for you at this point?
Jeff & Tara
(And Ginger too)
Lake Havasu City, AZ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2000 Bayliner 2858
"GETA WAY"

Let the Members Vote... 31 Jul 2014 00:56 #75

• NeilW
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Alameda, CA
  • Thank you received: 276

Jeffw wrote: Right. Except you guys keep proving me right.

I am one of those guys, what "proof" are you offering? It seems to me you and others are expressing opinion. I for one am trying to bring this issue to conclusion. Did you read my post #66? What else are we missing? What is left to debate? What is the best outcome for you at this point?

I still smile when I remember you getting banned :) now look, you're a mod! (please note members, Jeff and I have tossed back a couple, one night in particular at Willow Berm Marina......)
www.boatyardgm.com
www.pacificyachtimports.net
2002 Carver Voyager 57
"Making Waves"
3988 250 Hinos
"The Dark Side"
Alameda, California
Last Edit: by NeilW.
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds