Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Let the Members Vote...

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 12:57 #26

  • Gilligan
  • Gilligan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2106
  • Thank you received: 17

Go Aweigh2452 wrote: Just to be clear, Rick, (2850Bounty) is on line every day. He is not banned. He can post responses to requests when he wants or is able to. I doubt he will get involved with this petty stuff some here in this thread are getting all worked up over. Rick is not that kind of guy... One wants to contact Rick, he encourages PM's and not open dialog. Especially on a topic like this... he reads his PM's (which are not available by Mods to read BTW)...

FWIW Rick does best by posting and not combining modding and posting. If one goes back into just about any mods posts, there will be BOC members that get excited when it looks like a mod is not being even handed in the posts he is also modding... So, we do try to stay away from modding the same forums we normally post in to stay away from being controversial.

Also, we do not "vote" who should be a Mod or Administrator of a forum. The current Mods and Administrators have their own forum where we discuss who should Mod what, and where. We contact various members who we feel would be good mods or administrators. We do read who members suggest to be a Mod or Admin. So, this thread is good in that we have members looking for what they feel would be a good Mod. That is fine.

Bans: The Mods and Admin talk daily and discuss posts and threads together before putting someone on vacation for a few days... It is seldom that a member ends up in ban camp because of one Mod or Administrator. We also discuss with the member in question and give at least a couple of chances to fix what was said/written/posted... whatever. Even Mod's get their posts deleted and they too get a warning before hand... (yes, we had one recently step over the line but he did request his post be deleted)... If a member does not take our emails or PM's to heart and instead decides to rant, curse or otherwise become arrogant over the course of a couple or more exchanges or they post in the open and do not edit their posts when asked, then they get put in ban camp for a few days. If one reads the rules, Mods and Admins have ultimate authority on decision making...

This forum is not a democracy.

We also do not discuss in public why we ban a member. It is up to the member to tell anyone else if they wish to do so.

Rick will come back when he is ready or he is not busy running his marine business. Rick is a good guy and I for one have stuck up for him many times over many issues. We have talked by phone, email and PM.

We do look for new blood and any members here may request to mod a forum they feel comfortable with. All our Mods and Administration change out after one or two years. So, in reality, there is no "good ole boys" network.

Want to discuss anything I posted, please fell free to PM me or email me... Or, PM for my phone number.



Allow me to answer and explain some points that are important to some of us - that some of the Mods don't seem to want to acknowledge.

For starters, this thread wasn't so much a Vote as a chance for the forum to speak. One of the Mods said this was a place, For the people and by the people. I just thought, Let the people speak. This was not meant to be a Rah, Rah, Rick thread. There are some great candidates here I think that offer VERY sound technical knowledge and seem to understand moderating. I just happen to think Rick is one of them - but so much on that subject.

Bannings - I think we all understand the rules and yes... I have crossed the line, but only after shear frustration. It seems that if attacked by a Mod (or anyone) for no reason, I am not allowed to stick up for myself. A Mod or their friend is allowed to take a shot at someone either directly or passive aggressively and that's ok. As soon as that person stands up for themselves they are told not to continue the arguement. Well, more important than continuing an arguement is to not start one in the first place. Check out this thread where someone (mod) takes a shot a a respected member in post 12 and the moment someone responds to it, he is shot down by 2 mods. Do I even have to explain why this is wrong and so frustrating to those affected? This is what's tearing this board apart... baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/t...m-under-steering-arm

Or in this thread, Ken (in his never-ending way) digs up the past and very sensitive issue of Don S being "driven off" by Rick. What does this contribute to the thread and what kind of flame war does it potentially start. Ken is stirring the pot and that's ok. And if you tell me he was issued a warning that's not good enough. His comment sits there for all to read and go unresponded to for fear of "posting with the intent to maintain an arguement.". This is what the "Good Ol' Boys Club" speaks to. Unfair treatment and execution of the rules, silly as it may seem. I don't need to go into detail but when I was attacked for no reason it as all good. Then I was accused of having an agenda. Let me say directly... Chief, I had ZERO agenda with you until you attacked me and then we sort of buried the hatchet. Your gas tank thread was a mess and something the other Mods should have advised you to clear up. By the way, you could still open the hatch and take a picture of that new tank.

This has been an amazing place for me to learn about boats and even contribute once in a while to someone else, the things I have learned here. Member participation is fantastic here and I hate to see it crumble. But, if the Mods care at all about keeping this community in tact, the root of stability comes from fair and equal enforcement of the rules. If you're going to allow anyone to take pot shots or post passive aggressive comments then you need to to allow the responses to happen - or warn both and delete everything.

And in all fairness, Mods should be held to a higher standard. If they are allowed to break the rules you can't expect anything better from the membership.
.

Mike C.
1985 Bayliner Contessa Command Bridge :coo-
Brand New (2013) Custom Volvo Penta 7.4GL with Full closed cooling
Duo Prop and SS props:go-
Through hull exhaust with fiberglass mufflers and through hull raw water intake
35 Gal. FW Tank, 10 Gal. Holding Tank
9'6" Baltik Dinghy with Evinrude...
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 13:38 #27

  • Raymond14
  • Raymond14's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 111
  • Thank you received: 3
People here are great and helpful. I also was given invaluable information from Rick from the VP engine site. I no longer have a VP (in the water ) but I believe Rick would be a good choice. He has gone way beyond what I would expect as normal in helping me, numerous times. Just my two cents and it would be a shame if the site became too political.
Raymond 14
1997 3388ES
twin merc 350 inboards
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 13:55 #28

  • Terry J
  • Terry J's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 204
  • Thank you received: 25
Hi Mike, I agree. Post 12 is wrong on so many levels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilligan
1982 3270
Volvo BB 140 A's
MS 3 trannys
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 14:08 #29

  • smitty477
  • smitty477's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 5735
  • Thank you received: 965
Hello Mike,

I have a very long history here of only posting technically and avoiding the political threads.
So here is an exceptional post for me....

Your post here is correct and right on the money.
There has not been an equal application of the rules here for quite a while now and it is disturbing.
You have shown one example but there are many more for those that read a bunch of these when they post.
I do not know what will happen as a result of this direction but there are other forums out there and life does go on.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help - note we are cruising this week and may have a hard time responding in any kind of timely manner.
Regards to all BOC -

Ron & Karen
"NO WORRIES"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilligan, Terry J
Northport NY
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 14:21 #30

  • Gilligan
  • Gilligan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2106
  • Thank you received: 17
I really appreciate the support and feed back. I'm glad it's not just me being overly sensitive. I could site many instances as you say but I wanted my post to get to the point as quicly as possible - no need to get on the soap box. For those that want to listen and take a look at themselves, that's all I needed to post.

I really do like this site. It's got some really strong, caring contributors (including you guys) and I've had the chance to make some really good internet friends: I've become as friendly with Rick as anyone can in this medium and the friendship is valued. I've had the fortunate experience of meeting you guys when I bought that little outboard from an otherwise total stranger - but you weren't. I won't turn my back on this site easily, but I will when it becomes more work that it's worth and if that's the case I hope we stay in touch... I may even say hello next time I see you at the town dock in that gorgeous boat of yours. : )
.

Mike C.
1985 Bayliner Contessa Command Bridge :coo-
Brand New (2013) Custom Volvo Penta 7.4GL with Full closed cooling
Duo Prop and SS props:go-
Through hull exhaust with fiberglass mufflers and through hull raw water intake
35 Gal. FW Tank, 10 Gal. Holding Tank
9'6" Baltik Dinghy with Evinrude...
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 15:06 #31

  • Download_Complete
  • Download_Complete's Avatar
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 6097
  • Thank you received: 553
I have some thoughts, in no particular order:

First, I don't spend much time here anymore because I don't have a boat, will not be getting a boat anytime soon, and just don't have much to say aside from the vision of new products, which I get enthused about. I have the opportunity to become a conduit for Bayliner news before other media outlets and my hope is the BOC appreciates that. Aside from that nugget, I don't have much to contribute from a day to day interaction anymore.

Second: I don't know what happened with Rick, but I can tell you he is a fantastic person who willingly gives out his phone number and offers help whenever needed. He is a great resource, and I don't know why he keeps being at the center of attention. I suspect its because there are people here who don't appreciate his VP-only bias. That said, we need to look at demographics here. The newest Bayliner with a Volvo is 25 years old. Much of the current BOC is Mercruiser and a growing contingent is Mercury outboard.

Bottom line, I agree with WW: We need a moderator first.

Third: There are people here (and Gilligan succinctly stated this) who like to take pot shots at Rick. So don't blame Rick for being at the center of issues when there are other people here who would be, in my opinion, better served by being sent to greener pastures. This is a contriversial statement, but that's how I feel. I regularly saw value from Rick's postings. I never saw value from others who liked to jump on him.

Fourth: Moderators - ignore your readership at your peril. This may not be a democracy, but people still come here of their own free will and you would do well to listen to their opinions.

I spend a LOT of time on forums. The BOC is going through the same growing pains as any other forum does. Eventually this will be a very big, diversified, impersonal site where there are so many new people the "old timers" will fade to the background. Or, the BOC may die out entirely due to lack of interest. Which tack it takes is up to the moderators.

Fifth: Going back to demographics for a moment, some of the olde guard needs to heed the discussions we are having on Bayliner itself. We have had a lot of conversations about how Bayliner is going after a younger demographic. The BOC needs to adapt to this, because more and more younger and diverse customers are going to eventually find their way to the BOC. You need to start pushing the BOC in the direction of most front-running enthusiast forums and continue making the BOC an attractive place to hang out. A great example of heeidng the readership was the bowrider and runabout forum - something that NEEDED to happen a LONG time ago.

I have ideas on how to do this, but based on how some of the discussions go here, I am not entirely sure some people want to hear it, so I keep to myself.

In any event, my opinion is we need a MODERATOR who is fair, spends a lot of time on this site, and can guide people to the correct answer....and that guide may mean shutting up and letting the members hash out a topic.

Just my opinion.
Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:16 #32

  • Alaskanmutt
  • Alaskanmutt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Posts: 4811
  • Thank you received: 323
As a reminder to all

There are over 52000 topics on this forum.
Over 24000 registered users. Not all are active though
Anywhere from 1 - 500 posts a day or more.
And only so many mods and admin some of whom still have full time jobs and other distractions in life.
If you see a post that you believe is wrong then please report it, whether it is from a member, mod or admin.
We do try to read every post in our section but it is not always possible. If a mod breaks the rules then we are held responsible to the other mods and admin. But please also remember. there are discussions and actions behind the scenes that you do not see. I did not see them prior to me becoming a moderator.
Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:21 #33

  • scarab63
  • scarab63's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 409
  • Thank you received: 31

Chief Alen wrote: To the original poster, welcome back, hope your vacation was enjoyable.



Maybe someone is prompting YOU original poster ???


Seems pretty passive aggressive. ....... like a bait to me!!!

C.A. if I were you I Def wouldn't be stirring the pot especially after the fuel tank thread. Honestly that was embarrassing. I'd be hiding out.

This is highly entertaining though.
BOC RULES!!!
Last Edit: by scarab63.
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:29 #34

  • Chief Alen
  • Chief Alen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Posts: 10323
  • Thank you received: 1079
Yea i'm back, so lets go a round you and me, seeing i don't mod any more.

I got no hiding out to do, i have nothing to say i'm sorry for, except trying to help members here.

I even send parts to members for free, and help people over the phone, before and after being a mod.

I will say it only once, the freekin pic came out of a folder, then converted to my desktop, i had to convert it cause my i-phone turns the pictures sideways if i put them up in the forum before converting them.

1 picture was converted out of sequence.

Want to punish me, go ahead, but punish me for leaving my mod duties, and my fellow mods. in the midst of this BS going on.

I should have waited, and thought it thru i would never had resigned ...

For that i have no excuse.

For that i am guilty.

And for that i am truly sorry.
Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:30 #35

  • Alaskanmutt
  • Alaskanmutt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Posts: 4811
  • Thank you received: 323
Chief.
Your post was deleted.
Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:31 #36

  • Chief Alen
  • Chief Alen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Posts: 10323
  • Thank you received: 1079
I bow to your wish's John.
Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:34 #37

  • Alaskanmutt
  • Alaskanmutt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Posts: 4811
  • Thank you received: 323
Watching you Chief

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:37 #38

  • scarab63
  • scarab63's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 409
  • Thank you received: 31
Post a pic from the engine bay or hide under a rock for a bit $.02

We make our beds
Last Edit: by scarab63.
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:39 #39

  • Chief Alen
  • Chief Alen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Posts: 10323
  • Thank you received: 1079
Just don't whip me.


This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:43 #40

  • Chief Alen
  • Chief Alen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Posts: 10323
  • Thank you received: 1079
I respectfully decline, to post any pictures of my vessel anymore.

However, your welcome to come take a look, anytime.

Just send me a pm when your coming.
Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:46 #41

  • robster_in_edmonds
  • robster_in_edmonds's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1476
  • Thank you received: 241
I contribute a lot of my time to my yacht club (this year I am the Commodore) salary-free and I know how time-consuming being a Moderator would be, and thankless barely begins to describe the job at hand. I salute any and all who are willing to take on the job. I have no beef with any of the mods and I have gained so much knowledge and saved so much money from this site I cannot begin to list it all.

Sooooo... my point is that unless you are willing to throw your hat in the ring, please think three or four times before you criticize one of the mods or a decision that they make. There is no doubt a lot of background information that you are not privy to. Whoever you guys choose, I will support him/her.
Rob Meldrum
Commodore, Edmonds Yacht Club (2014-2015)
"Miss Maui" * 1997 Bayliner 4788 * Cummins 330s
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:49 #42

  • scarab63
  • scarab63's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 409
  • Thank you received: 31

Chief Alen wrote: I respectfully decline, to post any pictures of my vessel anymore.

However, your welcome to come take a look, anytime.

Just send me a pm when your coming.


That doesn't sound too inviting....... although I go to brick from time to time I think I'll pass.

Yes I agree not posting anymore pix may be the best way to make that one go away.........

Good luck
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:53 #43

  • Chief Alen
  • Chief Alen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Posts: 10323
  • Thank you received: 1079
Too bad, i was looking forward to you and i hoisting a few.

I would have tried to dust off the dirt floor in this one room little shack i have, i know it ain't much, but it's paid for.

Be well !
Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 17:58 #44

  • Iproff
  • Iproff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 3645
  • Thank you received: 127

Gilligan wrote:

Go Aweigh2452 wrote: Just to be clear, Rick, (2850Bounty) is on line every day. He is not banned. He can post responses to requests when he wants or is able to. I doubt he will get involved with this petty stuff some here in this thread are getting all worked up over. Rick is not that kind of guy... One wants to contact Rick, he encourages PM's and not open dialog. Especially on a topic like this... he reads his PM's (which are not available by Mods to read BTW)...

FWIW Rick does best by posting and not combining modding and posting. If one goes back into just about any mods posts, there will be BOC members that get excited when it looks like a mod is not being even handed in the posts he is also modding... So, we do try to stay away from modding the same forums we normally post in to stay away from being controversial.

Also, we do not "vote" who should be a Mod or Administrator of a forum. The current Mods and Administrators have their own forum where we discuss who should Mod what, and where. We contact various members who we feel would be good mods or administrators. We do read who members suggest to be a Mod or Admin. So, this thread is good in that we have members looking for what they feel would be a good Mod. That is fine.

Bans: The Mods and Admin talk daily and discuss posts and threads together before putting someone on vacation for a few days... It is seldom that a member ends up in ban camp because of one Mod or Administrator. We also discuss with the member in question and give at least a couple of chances to fix what was said/written/posted... whatever. Even Mod's get their posts deleted and they too get a warning before hand... (yes, we had one recently step over the line but he did request his post be deleted)... If a member does not take our emails or PM's to heart and instead decides to rant, curse or otherwise become arrogant over the course of a couple or more exchanges or they post in the open and do not edit their posts when asked, then they get put in ban camp for a few days. If one reads the rules, Mods and Admins have ultimate authority on decision making...

This forum is not a democracy.

We also do not discuss in public why we ban a member. It is up to the member to tell anyone else if they wish to do so.

Rick will come back when he is ready or he is not busy running his marine business. Rick is a good guy and I for one have stuck up for him many times over many issues. We have talked by phone, email and PM.

We do look for new blood and any members here may request to mod a forum they feel comfortable with. All our Mods and Administration change out after one or two years. So, in reality, there is no "good ole boys" network.

Want to discuss anything I posted, please fell free to PM me or email me... Or, PM for my phone number.



Allow me to answer and explain some points that are important to some of us - that some of the Mods don't seem to want to acknowledge.

For starters, this thread wasn't so much a Vote as a chance for the forum to speak. One of the Mods said this was a place, For the people and by the people. I just thought, Let the people speak. This was not meant to be a Rah, Rah, Rick thread. There are some great candidates here I think that offer VERY sound technical knowledge and seem to understand moderating. I just happen to think Rick is one of them - but so much on that subject.

Bannings - I think we all understand the rules and yes... I have crossed the line, but only after shear frustration. It seems that if attacked by a Mod (or anyone) for no reason, I am not allowed to stick up for myself. A Mod or their friend is allowed to take a shot at someone either directly or passive aggressively and that's ok. As soon as that person stands up for themselves they are told not to continue the arguement. Well, more important than continuing an arguement is to not start one in the first place. Check out this thread where someone (mod) takes a shot a a respected member in post 12 and the moment someone responds to it, he is shot down by 2 mods. Do I even have to explain why this is wrong and so frustrating to those affected? This is what's tearing this board apart... baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/t...m-under-steering-arm

Or in this thread, Ken (in his never-ending way) digs up the past and very sensitive issue of Don S being "driven off" by Rick. What does this contribute to the thread and what kind of flame war does it potentially start. Ken is stirring the pot and that's ok. And if you tell me he was issued a warning that's not good enough. His comment sits there for all to read and go unresponded to for fear of "posting with the intent to maintain an arguement.". This is what the "Good Ol' Boys Club" speaks to. Unfair treatment and execution of the rules, silly as it may seem. I don't need to go into detail but when I was attacked for no reason it as all good. Then I was accused of having an agenda. Let me say directly... Chief, I had ZERO agenda with you until you attacked me and then we sort of buried the hatchet. Your gas tank thread was a mess and something the other Mods should have advised you to clear up. By the way, you could still open the hatch and take a picture of that new tank.

This has been an amazing place for me to learn about boats and even contribute once in a while to someone else, the things I have learned here. Member participation is fantastic here and I hate to see it crumble. But, if the Mods care at all about keeping this community in tact, the root of stability comes from fair and equal enforcement of the rules. If you're going to allow anyone to take pot shots or post passive aggressive comments then you need to to allow the responses to happen - or warn both and delete everything.

And in all fairness, Mods should be held to a higher standard. If they are allowed to break the rules you can't expect anything better from the membership.


For starters I never said in my post Don was driven off by Rick you did. Don left off for the reason I stated, I could have elaborated on my comment but it would not serve any purpose. No I was not issued a warning why should I be no rules were broken. Why are you taking pot shots at me in this thread as you say, I voiced my opinion in a polite way and did not point any fingers but you did and that is a violation of the rules. My statement about the board surviving when someone leaves is a fact Don left and we survived. Do you have an agenda Mike, it sure looks that way since you have been back you have really stirred the pot. If I had read your post here I would never had answered your questions in the tech section. Mike in your opinion the gas tank thread is a mess that's your opinion I don't see it that way. Chief thought he could fix the tank others said no don't do it he got an opinion from a tank repair establishment and they said no way. Chief decide to buy a new tank he said he did and installed it there are a number of really good points in that thread that should be read by someone if they are thinking on fixing their own gas tank, the thread should stay and intact but that is just my opinion. It shows that through good advice sound judgement was used in the end.

Ken
Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.
Last Edit: by Iproff.
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 18:03 #45

  • scarab63
  • scarab63's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 409
  • Thank you received: 31

Chief Alen wrote: Too bad, i was looking forward to you and i hoisting a few.

I would have tried to dust off the dirt floor in this one room little shack i have, i know it ain't much, but it's paid for.

Be well !


That's sweet. I wish my home was paid for. Unfortunately I still have another 15 yrs making payments on it to JB morgan, or is it jp morgan? ???
I always get them confused.
I think it's JB
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 18:21 #46

  • Gilligan
  • Gilligan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2106
  • Thank you received: 17
No need to delete your buddies post. I saw it and it made me laugh... Some of us can do that.

And while I appreciate your post I'll respectfully hold your feet to the fire. Obviously I'm not complaining about things you don't see, but rather the things you do and then act on inappropriately. It was your comment I referenced in the link, entry #12. You took a low shot at Rick and when someone politely spoke up you and chief pulled the rule book out.

If we are the goose then you are the gander. I could respect more of the people here if they would just man up. Stop waving the rule book only when its convenient. Admitting you were out of line in that thread would be a start.

Chief, come clean or post a pic. You'll get no respect from anyone until you do. Once you do either, respect is restored and we move on. It's simple. No flogging is needed.

Mods, my request is simple to address and it still goes unaddressed. Fair and equal execution of the rules.

If you like the direction the boards have taken, then by all means ignore me. If you want to see things change, then you must first be the change you want to see. Communities are created by those that lead them.

Alaskanmutt wrote: As a reminder to all

There are over 52000 topics on this forum.
Over 24000 registered users. Not all are active though
Anywhere from 1 - 500 posts a day or more.
And only so many mods and admin some of whom still have full time jobs and other distractions in life.
If you see a post that you believe is wrong then please report it, whether it is from a member, mod or admin.
We do try to read every post in our section but it is not always possible. If a mod breaks the rules then we are held responsible to the other mods and admin. But please also remember. there are discussions and actions behind the scenes that you do not see. I did not see them prior to me becoming a moderator.

.

Mike C.
1985 Bayliner Contessa Command Bridge :coo-
Brand New (2013) Custom Volvo Penta 7.4GL with Full closed cooling
Duo Prop and SS props:go-
Through hull exhaust with fiberglass mufflers and through hull raw water intake
35 Gal. FW Tank, 10 Gal. Holding Tank
9'6" Baltik Dinghy with Evinrude...
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 18:30 #47

  • Gilligan
  • Gilligan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2106
  • Thank you received: 17
Ken,

No pot stirring here. Maybe you don't know the complete details of my concerns. And you bringing up Don S is always done in a finger pointing way. It's passive aggressive IMO and is only meant to blame Rick for don leaving. You blame him for that and bring it up more than needed.

I'll leave the other thread discussion there.
.

Mike C.
1985 Bayliner Contessa Command Bridge :coo-
Brand New (2013) Custom Volvo Penta 7.4GL with Full closed cooling
Duo Prop and SS props:go-
Through hull exhaust with fiberglass mufflers and through hull raw water intake
35 Gal. FW Tank, 10 Gal. Holding Tank
9'6" Baltik Dinghy with Evinrude...
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 18:34 #48

  • Iproff
  • Iproff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 3645
  • Thank you received: 127

Gilligan wrote: Ken,

No pot stirring here. Maybe you don't know the complete details of my concerns. And you bringing up Don S is always done in a finger pointing way. It's passive aggressive IMO and is only meant to blame Rick for don leaving. You blame him for that and bring it up more than needed.

I'll leave the other thread discussion there.


Mike you really learned nothing from your holiday maybe it's time to move on you are stirring the pot.

Ken
Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 19:26 #49

  • Terry J
  • Terry J's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 204
  • Thank you received: 25
Mike, I agree on post 12 as being inappropriate. It would be the last thing that is said to start an all out bar room fight. It clearly was posted to start/keep an argument going and to cause even more bad blood. I don't think a mod should do that. If you look at what whiskey wizard stated that he is looking in a new mod is "more important good communication skills, evenhandedness, a sense of what's right and knowledge of the rules" so it sounds like we are moving in the right direction. I can't speak for Smitty (Ron) but it sounds to me that it's this type of thing he finds "disturbing".
As for chief's gas tank, let it go, it's counter productive. He has stated time and again what he did. if you really need to, go and have a look. I believe there may be an open invitation. And Ken's right. It was a good post (the gas tank) it showed a process of starting out one way and finishing the right way. If we start calling people in a round about way liars (I wish I could think of a better word) then we are no better than post 12.

Terry

Btw: I don't know Rick, never have spoke or emailed or pm'ed.
1982 3270
Volvo BB 140 A's
MS 3 trannys
The topic has been locked.

Let the Members Vote... 30 Jul 2014 19:34 #50

  • Alaskanmutt
  • Alaskanmutt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Posts: 4811
  • Thank you received: 323
For the record, It was not said to take a shot at Rick
I like Rick. He has given me lots of information in the past.

As most of you seem to think it was a shot I will edit it.
Although if you feel that way I wonder why no one reported it.
Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum