Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Log In Issue

• mole2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • All Y'all, I'm here
  • Thank you received: 18

crowder.dr wrote:

mmichellich wrote: Any update on the constant need to re-enter password? Leaving the site for even a minute now requires a new log in on laptop, cell and tablet.

Sorry no. Try clearing your cookies again. I increased the session time to the Maximum 60 minutes which should leave you logged in longer but the underlying bug is still unresolved.

I noticed something. On BOC I have the problem of not being remembered and being logged out after some time of inactivity. I DON'T have that problem on CBOC. Are the two sites running different versions of the software?

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Richie M.

15 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, Steve Jobs and no Obama.

Now we have Obama but no Jobs no Cash and no Hope!

2005 Trophy 2052 -
Mercruiser 4.3L FWC Alpha 1 Gen II
and Extended Hard Top
Click here for pictures of my Trophy 2052
Longs South Carolina

• crowder.dr
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 116

mole2 wrote:

crowder.dr wrote:

mmichellich wrote: Any update on the constant need to re-enter password? Leaving the site for even a minute now requires a new log in on laptop, cell and tablet.

Sorry no. Try clearing your cookies again. I increased the session time to the Maximum 60 minutes which should leave you logged in longer but the underlying bug is still unresolved.

I noticed something. On BOC I have the problem of not being remembered and being logged out after some time of inactivity. I DON'T have that problem on CBOC. Are the two sites running different versions of the software?

Yes they are. That is the issue. BOC was auto upgraded to a new version which had several bugs. There is a fix in the works but it takes some time to release.

• mole2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • All Y'all, I'm here
  • Thank you received: 18

crowder.dr wrote:

mole2 wrote:

crowder.dr wrote:

Yes they are. That is the issue. BOC was auto upgraded to a new version which had several bugs. There is a fix in the works but it takes some time to release.

Understood. I never let anything update automatically. I wait for a month or so to see what the forums say. Let the other people have the problems. LOL

Richie M.

15 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, Steve Jobs and no Obama.

Now we have Obama but no Jobs no Cash and no Hope!

2005 Trophy 2052 -
Mercruiser 4.3L FWC Alpha 1 Gen II
and Extended Hard Top
Click here for pictures of my Trophy 2052
Longs South Carolina
Last Edit: by mole2.

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127

mole2 wrote:

crowder.dr wrote:

mole2 wrote:

crowder.dr wrote:

Understood. I never let anything update automatically. I wait for a month or so to see what the forums say. Let the other people have the problems. LOL

We are the other people.

My netbook keeps me logged in as Han's has said on his Mac, mine is a Windows 7 Professional. I don't know if it makes a difference. As long as I don't leave the BOC screen I stay logged in. Even when it logs me out I type I in the user name and my name pops up and then my password. It id no big deal at all but then maybe some don't like typing one letter to log in.

Ken

Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.

• crowder.dr
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Iproff wrote: We are the other people.

My netbook keeps me logged in as Han's has said on his Mac, mine is a Windows 7 Professional. I don't know if it makes a difference. As long as I don't leave the BOC screen I stay logged in. Even when it logs me out I type I in the user name and my name pops up and then my password. It id no big deal at all but then maybe some don't like typing one letter to log in.

Ken

Thanks Ken, the Remember Me functionality of the site works by taking your username and password, encrypting it and storing it in the database and in a matching cookie on your computer. It is supposed to match the two via an encryption algorithm and a database query and allow you to leave the site, close your browser or even shut down you computer and still remember you the next time you come back. That functionality is not working but I am working on it :(

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127

crowder.dr wrote:

Ken

Thanks Ken, the Remember Me functionality of the site works by taking your username and password, encrypting it and storing it in the database and in a matching cookie on your computer. It is supposed to match the two via an encryption algorithm and a database query and allow you to leave the site, close your browser or even shut down you computer and still remember you the next time you come back. That functionality is not working but I am working on it :(

I left my computer alone for 1/2 hour was watching the leafs play then I decided to watch paint dry more interesting. When I came back to the computer I was still logged in. BOC is doing better than the leafs tonight, most nights lately.

Ken

Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.

• crowder.dr
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Iproff wrote:

crowder.dr wrote:

Ken

I left my computer alone for 1/2 hour was watching the leafs play then I decided to watch paint dry more interesting. When I came back to the computer I was still logged in. BOC is doing better than the leafs tonight, most nights lately.

Ken

LOL Ken most nights, you mean any night :)

• FRANTIC-AL
  • Thank you received: 4
Same here. Lately I have to log in every time - it will not remember me even if the box is checked. Only this site - all others are fine.

Al & Jody
1995 4788 with 310 Hino's 1000 hours
Semiahmoo, Blaine. Almost Canada, N of Bellingham, N of Seattle, N of Mexico.
It's better to have it and not need it . . . than need it and not have it.

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534

FRANTIC-AL wrote: Same here. Lately I have to log in every time - it will not remember me even if the box is checked. Only this site - all others are fine.

IWe are waiting for our server team to fix the latest update software. It is obviously buggy. You are actually lucky that you are already a member. I have to manually enter new members because of the software issues...
The following user(s) said Thank You: FRANTIC-AL

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds