TOPIC: Boating or politics website?

Boating or politics website? 03 Nov 2013 03:25 #26

• crowder.dr
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 116

Iproff wrote:

crowder.dr wrote: Lets see if I can make this simple. :angry:

We cant go back to the way it was before !
We cant hide the PP posts on the Recent Topics page !
We cant cater to everybody's individual tastes and preferences as to what they see in Recent Topics !

If you don't want to see PP or any other category go to the Index Page. It will show you what is new in what category ! Simply click on that category or click on the Last Post in that category !
If there were as many posts posted about boating by the people who are complaining they don't want to see PP posts at the top of the Recent Topics Page there wouldn't be any PP posts at the top of the page. Don't like what you see POST SOMETHING ABOUT BOATING !
Finally it cant be changed until the Software Vendor makes a change so continued gripping about it wont result in a different outcome.

Dave everyone understands we can't go back but there are people that don't want politics on a boating forum. It was asked and answered for international comments. Maybe people should move over to CBOC no politics and a great bunch of people, lost of us got our boating fill when BOC was down. The link is in Dave's signature.
I do like the PP section but could live without it if it comes to that.

Ken

Thanks very much for the plug Ken :blush: When BOC was down I did put up a PP Category for our American Friends to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms ;) It was to be a temporary thing but some members asked that it remain. I agreed on a trial basis. That being said we have a total of 3 Posts and 21 Replies :huh:
Americans seem to be much more passionate about politics than Canadians are and perhaps that is why there is many more posts here than on CBOC and why there is such division as to its value as a topic on a boating site.
I continue to look for a solution to separate the PP forum from the general boating topics not only here but on CBOC as well. That solution has to be a delicate balance between what different members want and the level of effort required by the Admins and the Moderators to provide it.
As soon as I find a solution I will consult with the rest of the BOC Team to see if it can be implemented.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds