TOPIC: Quotes

Quotes 14 Mar 2013 14:13 #1

• dktool
  • dktool's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • So Much Water, So Little Time
  • Thank you received: 15
How do I do the quote wrap that also contains the OP's info ?

I use the quote wrap button on the toolbar but it doesn't seem to work like other people's posts with quotes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

" WET EVER "
1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
mmsi 338108404
mmsi 338124956
"I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

It's only a rock, get over it.

Quotes 14 Mar 2013 14:50 #2

• Dadrock33
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SE of York, PA
  • Thank you received: 71

dktool;762663 wrote: How do I do the quote wrap that also contains the OP's info ?

I use the quote wrap button on the toolbar but it doesn't seem to work like other people's posts with quotes.

don't know if this is what you're referring to but I just hit the "Reply with Quote" button located in the lower right-hand corner of the posting and that brings up another window into which you type your reply (or comment or whatever) and then click "Submit Reply" which is then also located in the lower right-hand corner . . .

Is that what you mean?

1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
James H. Stradling

Quotes 14 Mar 2013 14:54 #3

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534

dktool;762663 wrote: How do I do the quote wrap that also contains the OP's info ?

You should see the same bottom right button to quote a members post (Reply with quote)... there are two, one is for single posts and the other is for multiple posts. I noted you have your settings set to standard editing. Try changing it to Advanced Editor WYSIWYG:

This option determines the editor toolbar that is present when this user is composing a post. The editor toolbar provides shortcuts making it easy to add BB code elements to posts without knowing the codes themselves.

The standard editor toolbar provides shortcuts to all BB code tags, inserting the final code directly into the post.

The WYSIWYG editor toolbar provides the same functionality as the standard editor toolbar, plus it shows you what the post will look like instead of just showing you the final code... hence WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get).

Not sure if that would help but it will help in the long run. Also check out the other settings you have. I don't have access to that but you can look at what is turned on and what is not...

FAQ is also a good resource for information: http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_board_usage

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quotes 14 Mar 2013 16:18 #4

• dktool
  • dktool's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • So Much Water, So Little Time
  • Thank you received: 15

Dadrock33;762672 wrote: don't know if this is what you're referring to but I just hit the "Reply with Quote" button located in the lower right-hand corner of the posting and that brings up another window into which you type your reply (or comment or whatever) and then click "Submit Reply" which is then also located in the lower right-hand corner . . .

Is that what you mean?

Thanks fellers, that was too easy.

I would click the lower left "reply to thread" and then use the quote button on the upper tool bar.

Sometimes the obvious is too obvious.

" WET EVER "
1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
mmsi 338108404
mmsi 338124956
"I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

It's only a rock, get over it.

Quotes 25 Jul 2013 02:13 #5

• 2850Bounty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1121
Here's what I've been doing... but perhaps there's a short cut to this.

Let's say that I wanted to quote your comment, and Dadrock's following comment all in one lump.
(I put spaces in so you can see the code)

Dadrock33;762672 wrote: don't know if this is what you're referring to but I just hit the "Reply with Quote" button located in the lower right-hand corner of the posting and that brings up another window into which you type your reply (or comment or whatever) and then click "Submit Reply" which is then also located in the lower right-hand corner . . .

Is that what you mean?[ /QUOTE]

Here's what your quote looks like with the code.

I use the quote wrap button on the toolbar but it doesn't seem to work like other people's posts with quotes.[ /QUOTE]

I quote Dadrock which looks like this again.

Then I copy/paste your text into Dadrock's quote, and I use the "wrap quote tags around selected text" feature.
The code ends up looking like this (minus the spaces)

[ QUOTE=Dadrock33;762672 ] [ QUOTE ]How do I do the quote wrap that also contains the OP's info ?
I use the quote wrap button on the toolbar but it doesn't seem to work like other people's posts with quotes.[ /QUOTE ]
don't know if this is what you're referring to but I just hit the "Reply with Quote" button located in the lower right-hand corner of the posting and that brings up another window into which you type your reply (or comment or whatever) and then click "Submit Reply" which is then also located in the lower right-hand corner . . .

The difference is...... I add "=dktool" after the word QUOTE.
[ QUOTE=dktool ]

The whole shabang looks like this when posted.

Dadrock33;762672 wrote:

dktool wrote: How do I do the quote wrap that also contains the OP's info ?

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but I just hit the "Reply with Quote" button located in the lower right-hand corner of the posting and that brings up another window into which you type your reply (or comment or whatever) and then click "Submit Reply" which is then also located in the lower right-hand corner . . .
Is that what you mean?

And.... you're not limited to a double quote only.

Dadrock33;762672 wrote:

dktool wrote: How do I do the quote wrap that also contains the OP's info ?

Billy Bob wrote: Yes, I'd like to know also.

Kitty Carmel wrote: Me too.... I wanna know.

Soupy Sales wrote: Count me in too.

Mistery Guest wrote: Ah... to heck with you guys.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but I just hit the "Reply with Quote" button located in the lower right-hand corner of the posting and that brings up another window into which you type your reply (or comment or whatever) and then click "Submit Reply" which is then also located in the lower right-hand corner . . .
Is that what you mean?

Dang... if there's a short cut, I'm all ears.

Rick E. Portland, Oregon
2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
Twin 270 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds