Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Birthday weekend in Ganges

Birthday weekend in Ganges 30 Mar 2009 15:14 #1

• nosail
  • nosail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Left Friday after work from Ladner for the Admiral's birthday weekend. There was a gale warning in effect however the reporting stations didn't sound bad. Departed at 1700 hours and the Fraser was dead smooth. Across Georgia Strait there was about a 1 foot sea (beautiful). We hit Active pass right at slack and breezed through with no ferry traffic. Arrived in Ganges at 1900 before dark. We spent a relaxing weekend eating out, walking, reading and watching a movie. Ganges was dead and there was almost no boat traffic. Saturday night we had gale force winds and it continued to blow Sunday. The forecast was for the winds to drop early evening and for a change they were right. We left Ganges at 1700 and arrived back in Ladner just after 1900. The Strait was still a little lumpy from the earlier winds but it was fairly comfortable at 17 knots. It felt great to get away finally and as a plus the boat ran better than ever. Next cruise is planned for Easter to Silva Bay. Sorry, no pics as I forgot my camera :(.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rick
"Haulin' Brass" 1997 3988
1996 Campion 535 bow rider

Birthday weekend in Ganges 30 Mar 2009 15:27 #2

• Stratocaster
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Caribbean livin'
  • Thank you received: 25
That sounds like a great weekend, Rick. We've gone to Ganges on sunny, warm April weekends and been almost the only boat there.

When the marina operators say they make all of their money in 100 days, it appears they are correct!

Next time bring the camera ;)

Mike P
The Bahamas
Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.
Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Birthday weekend in Ganges 31 Mar 2009 01:17 #3

• Nehalennia
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Sounds like a great trip.
We're heading to Poet's cove this weekend to get away

Skål,
Todd
~Nehalennia ∆~ Celtic Goddess of the Seafarers
2000 ~ SeaRay ~ 260DA, 5.7L EFI, Bravo III

MMSI: 338080206
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds