Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boating on Lake of the Woods

Boating on Lake of the Woods 11 Feb 2009 21:18 #1

• Big Dog
  • Big Dog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been a member of Baylinerownersclub four years and have gained knowledge about my boat, boating in general, and information on great places to visit. Fantastic web site. It is now possible to put a lot more information about places to visit by boat, information about those places, and how to find many places on the Internet through Google Earth and Google maps for free. Through the "Escape" boating web site on Lake of the Woods I have been able to install personal place marks on our home page of 123 resorts with links to their web sites, 50 protected anchorages with information about the anchorage, 17 remote sandy beaches, 9 marinas, and 7 launch sites on Lake of the Woods.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Lake of the Woods is located partially in Northwestern Minnesota and mostly in Ontario Canada. Lake of the woods has 14,552 islands and three times the shore line distance of Lake Superior when you include the distance around all the islands. Check out our web site to see this information at www.lakeofthewoods-escape.com .
I would be nice to see this kind of Google map information of areas of the west coast, and east coast on a Google map that I could download onto my computer. Does anyone know of any web sites that have this kind of information?
If you have the free Google Earth program installed on your computer you can install your own place marks on your Google Earth program. My son who produced our web site was able to transfer all my personal Google Earth place marks on Lake of the Woods onto a personal Google map in about 10 minutes. He then installed the Google map on the Escape web site so everyone could see the place marks without installing the free Google Earth program. If you have Google Earth on you computer you can transfer these Lake of the Woods place marks onto you Google Earth program.
You are all invited to come to Lake of the Woods and join in on a guided tour of the lake any time any year. That is what we are all about. Free guided tours of Lake of the Woods three times a year, spring, summer, and fall.
Big Dog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boating on Lake of the Woods 11 Feb 2009 23:12 #2

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127
I don't know if it was you but I saw a segment on That's Boating on Lake of The Woods and the tours. What a beautiful unspoiled area you have.

Thank you for taking the time to do this and to post it here.

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds