Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 25 May 2014 18:46 #1

• navydiver
  • navydiver's Avatar Topic Author
  • 1998 Bayliner 2655 Ciera, 5.7L Merc, BIII Outdrive
  • Thank you received: 1
First weekend trip in our new boat - What a fantastic time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TMF
Strength in Depth!
www.navydiver.ca

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 25 May 2014 18:50 #2

• navydiver

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

TMF
Strength in Depth!
www.navydiver.ca

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 25 May 2014 18:55 #3

• navydiver
Yummy :cheer:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

TMF
Strength in Depth!
www.navydiver.ca

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 26 May 2014 23:04 #4

• Corky42
  • Thank you received: 10
Very nice trip Diver! That is a pretty fair trip in some open waters. Good way to kick off getting oot and aboot in a new boat! I could see the dog was really excited about the while thing. :P
Is the Marina still up for sale? It needed some love and attention and $$$$$$$$$ last time we were there two years ago.
That is a very nice boat!
Congrats!

Corky
1992 3688
Bellingham

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 27 May 2014 01:35 #5

• freedre
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
"oot and aboot". HaHa - I see what you did there :)

We've been going to Port Browning for the last 4 (5?) years.

It is still for sale, but I am not sure what you mean by the need for love and attention and $$$$$' s.

It's a really nice facility. New washrooms/showers, great pub/restaurant and an easy 20 min walk to the village. Plus a pool and playground for the kids.

My only problem is with the wind when I'm trying to leave.

Midnight Star
1996 3587
Twin diesels, Hino 250's
Ladysmith, BC
History: 1996 - 2655, 2001 - 2855, 1984 - 3270
Last Edit: by freedre.

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 27 May 2014 16:00 #6

• Corky42
  • Thank you received: 10
You know what? You are right! We first visited there about 20 years ago and there have been some great improvements since then. Especially the electricity service. They did a nice job with the bathrooms. I guess the plank decking is getting worn and maybe some flotation could be addressed.
We love the walk to the village, especially later in the year when we pick blackberries along the road. Then there is that darn bakery in the village. I am a weak , weak person around a great Canadian bakery. The store there is well stocked as well.
I know what you are talking about the afternoon wind. We stopped once just to go up and provision on our way to Desolation and they parked us on the outside dock. Had a devil of a time getting out of there due to the wind pinning us against the dock and closeness of other boats.
We check into customs at Poets Cove and experience a little drama going through the cut to spend our first night at Port Browning. So far, we have never encountered another boat under the bridge. :woohoo: i always hop on the radio to announce ourselves coming through.
We also like Montague.
Safe boating guys. Maybe we will run into this August?

Corky
1992 3688
Bellingham

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 28 May 2014 03:49 #7

• navydiver
We thought the place was just great. The pub was really rockin' on the Saturday night and the folks were really friendly. Wind was a factor on departure but we made it work. Went thru the gut under the bridge in Conga line with our consort on departure - just a beautiful platz. We will most certainly go back. Did I mention that the crab was Scrumptious? I think we were close to the smallest visiting boat there but as I mentioned a very very friendly place....

TMF
Strength in Depth!
www.navydiver.ca

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 28 May 2014 03:58 #8

• playdoughted
  • Thank you received: 15
Diver - Great to see we have another BOC member at Pedder. I'll stop by and say Hi one of these days. I'm on the end of G on NOOMA.. Ted

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 28 May 2014 04:06 #9

• navydiver
I am at P10 until mid June at least. We may move up island a bit for a closer jump to the islands for the summer. As one fellow pointed out there is a lot of open water and distance to get there. I do love Pedder because it is close to home (Colwood) for evening tinkering.

TMF
Strength in Depth!
www.navydiver.ca

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 01 Jun 2014 12:55 #10

• wilko
  • Thank you received: 9
great video, will have to upload one myself,
good to see other 2655 owners doing things.....
even if you guy's are a bit of a distance away from us!!
how much was the extended duck board?? do you
know??, cheers, Wilko
The following user(s) said Thank You: navydiver

Wilko ; )) Cierra "98 2655
My Dream would be to Navigate Around Australia.........with a Petroleum Company as my Major Sponsor ; )))))))

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 01 Jun 2014 14:40 #11

• navydiver
Wilko
Sorry, no idea on cost for the extended swim grid. The fellow I bought it from said it was extended by the original owner at purchase. At first I was thinking to get rid of it to take advantage of the local military boat club cheap berthing ($1.35 / foot) where the stipulation was "YONDER" had to "absolutely" be under 30 ft LOA. The grid puts me over by inches. After using the boat I have realized I don't want to go without as it is very handy. Only drawback is it makes adding a kicker a difficult option. We will opt to trailer it and use from marinas close to the gulf islands in summer to save on getting beat up in open water and fuel costs. Lovin' the 2655!

TMF
Strength in Depth!
www.navydiver.ca
Last Edit: by navydiver.

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 02 Jun 2014 14:22 #12

• wilko
  • Thank you received: 9
Cheers, I 'll have to look them up and see how much they might be locally.

Wilko ; )) Cierra "98 2655
My Dream would be to Navigate Around Australia.........with a Petroleum Company as my Major Sponsor ; )))))))

Pedder Bay Marina to Port Browning, BC - May Long Weekend (Canada) Trip 19 Jun 2014 21:57 #13

• pugetsounder
  • Thank you received: 12
Nice vid. Love the bag of Cheezies on the counter. We have some in our cupboards as we speak. And I am in the US.

I really liked Pt Browning, The low key atmosphere, the nice bar over looking the bay, the big green open space for the dog, the short hike to the store or the long hike over the top of the island to Magic Lake and the west side. I also like Otter Bay just as much. Pender has a lot to offer. Can't wait to go back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: navydiver

1981 Bayliner Explorer 2270
"Slow Boat to China"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds