Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hoonah to Petersburg

Hoonah to Petersburg 17 Sep 2013 03:49 #1

• Roscoe
  • Roscoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Spent the last two days bringing my 3270 from Hoonah down to Petersburg with my dad. We left Hoonah at 0647 yesterday morning. The water in Icy Strait and the North Chatham was fantastic. The smoothest I've ever seen it. The first leg of the trip brought us to Baranof Warm Springs. That leg was about 80 miles and we made it in under 10 hours. Great place to tie up for the evening, and I would recommend stopping by if you get the chance. Left Baranof this morning at 0630 and pulled into Petersburg at about 1600. Today was not as nice and we were a little slower. Lots of rain and got into some 4 and 5 footers for about an hour in Frederick Sound, but things smoothed out just before we turned in to the Wrangell Narrows. Overall a great trip. Possibly once in a lifetime for my dad as he lives in Indiana. I know these threads are worthless without pics. I had several I planned to share with you guys, but they are on my iPhone which is resting comfortably on the bottom just outside of the Narrows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kelly & Mindy
85 3270
GetAway
Petersburg, AK
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds