Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First time out!

First time out! 08 Sep 2013 14:27 #1

• Withay
  • Withay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Although I grew up with boats, as an adult I've wanted one but never had one until my husband surprised me with one for my Bday a couple weeks ago! A 1988 Bayliner Cierra Sunbridge 2155. So I posted to the forums here telling my story (here:) and asking for advice and assistance, as I had a lot of questions. You may remember me from THIS thread: http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?82609-Intro-and-advice! As you can see, a bunch of people stepped up with great advice...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Not only did I get great advice, but one BOC member in particular, unixdood, not only gave me a bunch of excellent advice, but he actually offered to come out and help us on our first time out, which I took him up on.We met up at the Medford, MA public launch, where he did a inspection/walkaround of the boat, explaining things and pointing things out. (I'm in the orange hat, he's in the blurry face!).

I don't think the weather could have been more perfect! 80 degrees, low humidity, and the water was 1-2ft swells.Then we launched! With his great advice and assistance, the launch went very smoothly. Off we go!

We cruised out towards the Boston harbor. We even went through the lock, where he took over, as driving the boat into a wall on my first time out would be a bad thing.

The only problem we encountered is some carburation problems - we were bogging down when we tried to go full throttle, and after a while began to stall at idle. unixdood gave me some ideas to try out, and that a carb rebuild might be in order. But we went under bridges, and then around the Harbor.

We did a 3 hour tour! It brought me right back to weekends when I was young, and I had a great time! My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.So my thanks and gratitude to unixdood, who not only gave me help and assistance, but confidence as well. Thanks Bill!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1988 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2155

First time out! 08 Sep 2013 14:28 #2

• Withay
  • Withay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

1988 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2155

First time out! 08 Sep 2013 14:51 #3

• FISHIN00
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 166
Way Cool:coo-..and you met and got help from a new BOC friend besides....what more can you ask for.

First time out! 08 Sep 2013 15:14 #4

• unixdood
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Great time Eryc! Im glad to have met you. Your a natural, very calm, very safe boater. I hope you enjoy that 2155. Shes a good boat and has a lot of life left in her. Everyone here on BOC is more than willing to help so if you have any questions, just ask and you should find the answers very helpful!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bill, Lisa, Chris, Alicia, Jake, Chelsea
Just'in Time
1988 Luhrs 342
Twin 7.4 Crusaders
http://www.amesburymarina.com/

First time out! 08 Sep 2013 17:50 #5

• redriverrat
  • Thank you received: 2
Awesome post and great story. Man, I'm glad you explained the blurred out face. I thought I was drunk! LOL. What a great place to cruise.

1998 2855
350 Mag MPI
Alpha one W/ 16" Mirage Plus 13 pitch

First time out! 09 Sep 2013 08:01 #6

• Ruffryder
  • Thank you received: 1418
+1

Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
93 3058
92 2855
91 Fourwinns 205
Longbranch WA
Life is Good
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds