Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Holiday weekend spent up in and around Mackinaw MI.

Holiday weekend spent up in and around Mackinaw MI. 04 Sep 2013 22:35 #1

• M & M's
  • M & M's's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
The Admiral and I Hooked the Boat up and headed from Lansing Mi. to Mackinaw City MI. Thursday after work. I wanted to beat the holiday traffic for our 5 hour drive north (250 plus miles). We finally made it to the marina (Straits State Harbor) at 11:30 PM, Not wanting to launch the boat and wake-up anyone we spent the night on the trailer.Friday morning came real early with the wake-up of rain and thunder. The weather cleared out by noon.The marina was top notch VERY CLEAN and the staff was FIRST CLASS and a fuel dock as well. I would highly recommend it to anyone making passage through that area.Just a few pictures taken on the Friday cruiseThe Grand Hotel on Mackinaw IslandThen came the Weather changed in a HURRY. It was back to the dock for the night.
[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/808480=40831-Mackinaw trip 2013 011.jpg Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/808480=40830-Mackinaw trip 2013 014.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Holiday weekend spent up in and around Mackinaw MI. 04 Sep 2013 23:01 #2

• M & M's

Holiday weekend spent up in and around Mackinaw MI. 04 Sep 2013 23:10 #3

• M & M's

Holiday weekend spent up in and around Mackinaw MI. 05 Sep 2013 00:20 #4

• Second Wind
Beautiful area isn't it.....we have been to Mackinaw Island twice this summer. We live about 50 miles away by water. You're right about the marinas. Clean and well run.
We enjoy the atmosphere on Mackinaw Island after the last ferry leaves in the evening. Find a quiet tavern on main street and kick back to a little live guitar playing. Priceless.

Second Wind
'99 Ciera 2655 5.7 B3
"WINDING DOWN"
when you live on an island....you should have a boat....right?

Holiday weekend spent up in and around Mackinaw MI. 05 Sep 2013 01:00 #5

• M & M's
Second Wind

We are planing on more trip this up coming year up that way (northeast side of the island and up to the lock) It looks from the map that one could have the pick of many small islands up around St Joseph Island.

Our big trip for next summer is to trailer the boat to Buffalo NY. and cruise the Erie Canal down to Waterford area along with a stop at Niagara Falls as the Admiral and I have never been. We are planing it to be a three week trip.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds