• Page:

TOPIC: A day in Newburyport, Ma

A day in Newburyport, Ma 03 Sep 2013 11:39 #1

• unixdood
  • unixdood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Well Sunday was the pick of the weekend. The Admiral and I went up to the boat. She wasnt feeling to good, summer cold and all but I forced her to get out of the house and get some fresh air. Of course she was reluctant but we ended up at the marina. We met up with a few friends docked next to us and decided we were going to take the 5 mile run up river. This was about noon on Sunday. We all spent 10 minutes combining beverages, snacks and whatever on to my boat, and shoved off around 1220pm. A nice relaxing cruise up the merrimack.This might not sound too exciting but its near impossible to get an open slip at the public dock in Newburyport, nevermind on Labor day weekend. So we were just hoping for the best with no expectations of actually docking. We pull under the Rt1 overpass and I look over to my right and OMG there is actually a spot, no wait 3 spots open that I can fit into. We creep over to the public docks and yes, we grab an end spot.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

So the wife and I with our 2 friends decide to go grab some lunch and some chowder. End up at Michaels Harborside and had some steamers and clam chowder. Delish! We head back to the boat for a few cocktails and to relax off the large meal we just had. Here is a pic of our friends.

Decided after a few cocktails and relaxing for a bit, we would head back into town for an ice cream. I forget the name of the ice cream joint but it was good but really expensive. Walking back toward the boat, we all decided to walk along the whole waterfront where all the docks are. We helped another boater tie up to the dock, then we continued back to my boat. On the way our friends Brian and Shirly saw a nice photo op for us so they took our pickture. Me and the Admiral Lisa with our baby off to the right.

We hung around Newburyport for a few more hours just relaxing, listening to tunes and having a few good laughs. The sky stared getting dark so we headed back to our dock 5 miles back up the river. Wow night time came fast. Had no idea it was so late but man, what a beautiful night cruise back up the river. Took a little over an hour to get back because it was dark but we also wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather.

All in all it was an incredible day/night. Great way to close an awesome 2013 boating season. She comes out in 2 weeks but Im hoping to get out at least one more time. We shall see if time allows for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bill, Lisa, Chris, Alicia, Jake, Chelsea
Just'in Time
1988 Luhrs 342
Twin 7.4 Crusaders
http://www.amesburymarina.com/

A day in Newburyport, Ma 17 Sep 2013 02:57 #2

• Wed Turner
  • Thank you received: 0
Sounds like a great day and a nice trip. The pictures were nice to go along with the story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1995 2855 Cierra Sunbridge
Mercruiser 496 Bravo III
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds