• Page:

TOPIC: Granite Falls in Indian Arm BC

Granite Falls in Indian Arm BC 30 Jul 2013 06:25 #1

• joe440
  • joe440's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 47
The Admiral wanted to go to Granite Falls up in Indian Arm. We got there around 5pm and set anchor. Took the dinghy to shore to see the falls there was a couple groups a people there. Sitting on the rocks above us was 4 guys mid twenties checking out the Admiral, nothing unusual about that but still made her uncomfortable so we left back to the boat. Most people left around 6 pm. After dinner I always check out things with the binoculars and noticed the guys watching our boat from their camp site, didn't think nothing about it. Later around 8pm I took the dinghy out for a trip around Croker Island probably 1/2 hour trip. When I got back my wife was telling me as soon as I left the 4 guys circled our boat 3 times in a canoe asking her if she wanted to have a drink, what was she drinking ? Etc. She was very scared and no cell service signal. She was scared and shaking,when i got there, so I pulled anchor and left for another spot to spend the night.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1989 3288
"Defiant"
5.7 L gas powered

2003 Yamaha FX Cruiser

MMSI 316 034 392

Granite Falls in Indian Arm BC 31 Jul 2013 13:17 #2

• Vic Stewart
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Well, I'm sure they were 2 sheets to the wind......but you know...a short round of shot gun blasts would have done the trick and sent them packin'

Vic Stewart SN
Past Commander
Cape Fear Power Squadron
Ft Myers Power Squadron
1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
Raw water cooled

Granite Falls in Indian Arm BC 01 Aug 2013 12:50 #3

• LazyCrusr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65

joe440;799474 wrote: The Admiral wanted to go to Granite Falls up in Indian Arm. We got there around 5pm and set anchor. Took the dinghy to shore to see the falls there was a couple groups a people there. Sitting on the rocks above us was 4 guys mid twenties checking out the Admiral, nothing unusual about that but still made her uncomfortable so we left back to the boat. Most people left around 6 pm. After dinner I always check out things with the binoculars and noticed the guys watching our boat from their camp site, didn't think nothing about it. Later around 8pm I took the dinghy out for a trip around Croker Island probably 1/2 hour trip. When I got back my wife was telling me as soon as I left the 4 guys circled our boat 3 times in a canoe asking her if she wanted to have a drink, what was she drinking ? Etc. She was very scared and no cell service signal. She was scared and shaking,when i got there, so I pulled anchor and left for another spot to spend the night.

Hats off to you for not ignoring her nervousness and instead, taking action and putting her at ease.
You guys cannot know how scary and downright nauseating it is to be viewed like you're a piece of meat by a group of "men"

good move :)

Boating is the Life !!
~ Sarah ~

'97 Bayliner Empress Ciera 2859
Unnamed!
Bravo II Drive ~ 7.4 375HP Mercruiser
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds