• Page:

TOPIC: Xmas in July

Xmas in July 15 Jul 2013 04:52 #1

• Peter W
  • Peter W's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Our Yacht Club decided on a tag along trip this last week end. It was from our marina in Manly, to the marina in Scarborough. It was a leisurely 2.5 hour run. We left around 9.30 am, with calm seas and a fairly warm day being a winters day for us. Here is Manly Harbour behind us.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

As we past the mouth of the Brisbane River, which is the entry exit point for our major port, we noticed this coming out after we passed. Its the US amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard, a 'miniature aircraft carrier' that is home to over 3000 American sailors and marines, has docked in Brisbane ahead of joint exercises with the Royal Australian Navy.

Here we are at Scarborough Harbour at the marina. Our 3988 is in the pic, can you see her :)

More in part 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Peter W
"Sajesar" MY 3988
RQYS - Marina, Manly
Brisbane, Australia

Xmas in July 15 Jul 2013 05:09 #2

• Peter W
  • Peter W's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Next morning this was the view from the marine looking north. The tide was out, and you may just be able to make out Bribie Island in the distance. Bribie is about the most northern part of our boating paradise of Moreton Bay.

After breakfast, we caught a taxi to visit the Bee Gees Way. I will post this in another thread. Around lunch time, we headed for home, passing on one side, the Port of Brisbane. Being a Sunday, things were fairly quiet.

and on the other side of us, is a very picturesque island (that is today) here is a link to some of the history of the island.

http://www.sthelenaisland.com.au/

We returned safely to harbour, and after washing down the boat, got home in enough time to burn a tank of fuel in the lawn tractor. All in all a great and peaceful weekend.

Cheers

Peter W
"Sajesar" MY 3988
RQYS - Marina, Manly
Brisbane, Australia

Xmas in July 15 Jul 2013 13:16 #3

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Looks like nice winter boating... I love Australia... Awesome country and people... and their love of beer... I mean Fosters :dancban

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds