Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Florida trip to Key West, Flamingo and Florida West Coast

Florida trip to Key West, Flamingo and Florida West Coast 04 Apr 2013 23:47 #1

• Gary Koerner
  • Gary Koerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Bear with me as I'm new to posting on this site. Some of the photos may be dated the year prior, but representative, nonetheless, as I've been wintering and trailerboating/cruising here for the past four years. I'm based at the Manatee Cove Marina at Patrick Air Force Base, and I trailer to to the Florida Keys and the Florida West coast to visit friends and explore.My recent trip a few weeks ago included a week in Key West, then Bahia Honda Key, John Pennecamp Underwater Park in Key Largo, then to Flamingo, the southernmost point of the Everglades (beautiful launch ramps), back to Homestead, FL and west to Bonita Beach and Cayo Costa Island, just south of Boca Grande on Florida's west coast. Here are photos of me on a Key West Sailing Ship Adirondack, then my friend Charlie clowning around in the water off Key West's shallow Calda Channel, a sunset photo of sailing ships from Key West harbor, then to the Florida West coast and the scenic, Cayo Costa Island which can only be reached by boat ( http://www.floridastateparks.org/cayocosta/ ) then our slip at Cabbage Key, where it's said that Jimmy Buffet wrote "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" http://www.cabbagekey.com/home/ The photo was taken from the water tower above the harbor, with Pine Island in the background. I see I missed some photos of sunsets at Flamingo, FL in the everglades, but if you're a trailerboater, they have very excellent double wide launch ramps with over 50 modern slips for transient boaters, and the national park is worth a visit, especially if you like alligators. It's only two hours from Homestead, FL, at the end of the Florida Turnpike. Gary / Trailerboater609 / 1986 Bayliner 2450 Ciera Sunbridge / Long Beach Island, NJ

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds