TOPIC: This is what you get if

This is what you get if 23 Sep 2008 05:33 #1

• Roel Jansen
  • Roel Jansen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
you use a Genny! :)

This was really unbelievable, because normally there are always a lot of boats, as those island are a favorite spot because of the shelter against blowing winds from the North.
We had an overnight here as it turned out to be really magnificent boating conditions. Was a very good occasion to try out our new Honda generator. Back the other day every body we spoke were amazed that only about 3 boats where gone for the weekend. For sure didn't tell everybody about the Genny!

They were first.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

THey came later.

The lone ranger I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Roel Jansen
Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Te Rapunga
Bayliner 340 2006

Again not made friends, but you can kill the messenger but not the message!
Remember that our Nation was sailing the seas long before yours was even discovered! ;)
BOC member since 1998
[url]...

This is what you get if 23 Sep 2008 13:30 #2

• Campy
Roel,
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. OK...so what do you get if you use a genny???? There were four boats altogether at this location you claim should have more boats and what does that have to do with your genny???

Please excuse my ignorance.... :confused:

"If this boats a rockin.......damn wind" :arr

This is what you get if 23 Sep 2008 15:46 #3

• BOBSQUATCH
Looks like he ran his neighbors off with an obnoxious generator.

1978 2750 VICTORIA TWIN MERCRUISER 470'S

This is what you get if 24 Sep 2008 02:04 #4

• cwelch
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think he is saying that with a genny you can enjoy this location on cooler days/nights that keep most folks off the water. He is going to keep the genny a secret to keep the crowds down.

Peace and Tranquility.

This is what you get if 24 Sep 2008 02:31 #5

• SomeSailor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 258
I don't think Roel does a lot of time on the hook over there. With the genny he's discovered a whole new way to find seclusion.

:D

This is what you get if 24 Sep 2008 02:57 #6

• Roel Jansen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
You all are right!
And Mike is right no we don't spend much time on the hook.

But seriously this was one of the rarest weekends we have been boating.

These are 3 artificial islands built as wave breakers for the land behind, especially when the wind blows from The North. Second was recreation on the biggest one you can BBQ do some Camping and Campfires. This a very nearby spot from Marinas in 4 different towns.
Normally there always are boats and sometimes far to close to each other.
Saturday we had Sun and water like ice, Sunday different forecast but also no wind and water like ice in the morning, really perfect to go out this time of the year! Always there are a bunch from our Marina but coming back we found out that only 3 or 4 boats were out for the weekend! :confused:

Roel Jansen
Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Te Rapunga
Bayliner 340 2006

Remember that our Nation was sailing the seas long before yours was even discovered! ;)
BOC member since 1998
[url]...

This is what you get if 24 Sep 2008 09:16 #7

• pasty63
Good to know you were having a nice weekend on the water as I suffered the long plane ride home! Also good to see that you're making use of the genset. I think the "iffy" forecast kept folks at home in Amsterdam - I didn't see many boats on the canals on Saturday morning when I left for Schipol. Do you have a heater for winter use as well Roel?

Bryan
86 3270
"All things deteriorate with time" Virgil.

This is what you get if 24 Sep 2008 14:34 #8

• Roel Jansen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Bryan,

It's good to know you are back safe! Yes, it was the first time after a very short trial here at the Marina we used it. Was a sensation to have a Senseo in the Morning. :) We are wondering here at the Marina what was going on. is it the weather fore cast, a lot think it was, me too. The sales guys however had two very busy days. I have the kind of heating that is showed here by some, its a small one that when it tumbles it stops ceramic heater or so I think it's called. The fan can used for some cooling. But with the canvas up you see the temps rising and it make it more bearable. We don't do any boating in winter. Goes out maybe in late October or begin November as we want last in first out.

Roel Jansen
Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Te Rapunga
Bayliner 340 2006

BOC member since 1998
[url]...

This is what you get if 24 Sep 2008 17:39 #9

• missrobyn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Roel,
Nice pictures, and it looks like just the right amount of boats there to have a bit of privacy. I have heard that the generator you purchased is actually fairly quiet too. I'm sure that most of the other boaters on the hook also have generators. You are very lucky to experience a new way of boating! Enjoy the last of your season, we are pulling our boat out this weekend because the cold weather is here in the mountains! We've been looking at snow-covered peaks in the Uintah Range for the last several weekends, and are at about 6000 ft above sea level at the marina. The marina dipped to 31F last weekend, had the little electric WM heater on low all night in the slip. I love this time of year with the beautiful colors and the cool air, but hate to see the boating end.
Regards
Robyn

This is what you get if 25 Sep 2008 06:26 #10

• Roel Jansen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Robyn,

Thanks, I took them Sunday at 13:25. Yes, I wish we some times have a lot more privacy over here but we have to consider we live in a very small country and one with among the most dense population in the world. But some times it's to bad. No, there aren't a lot of boats with portable or built in generators, there also aren't much boats on the hook regarding the amount that overnight at Marina's. I think a lot use inverters and cooking is done on propane or butane. Most overnighter on the hook are done by Sailboats. As been born in November I always loved this times of the year too. No snow on Mountains over here in this flat pancake we live on. Most of us about at least 2 meters below sea level and that's rising not on the believe of Al Gore only!:D

Roel Jansen
Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Te Rapunga
Bayliner 340 2006

BOC member since 1998
[url]...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds