Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Talk about a wild weekend!!

Talk about a wild weekend!! 17 Aug 2008 21:45 #1

• seapuppy
  • seapuppy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
ok..it wasn't totally wild but it was an interesting one to say the least...

l..friday was maddening...we were im'ng each other (marsha and I)...and decided to leave work an hr earlier...the weather pukes and about everyone else was talking about the temps/weather for the weekend.....in the 90's and clear...so...we bagged it ..ran home got our gear/food/dogs...and ran out the door.I didn't even tell the neighbors...they probably figured we were dead in the back yard for all they knew....
anyway...tossed the gear/food on the boat..then tossed the boat in the water...rigged for sea and away we went....I'd done so much work on the boat that I knew it was ready to go....
we left dock at about 3pm and headed for the new docks at bremerton...bremerton is reworking the entire downtown and the marina was the showcase...nice wide docks...brand new office and showers..(free) and anthony's right there...plus a few other stuff around...the entire downtown is trashed with new construction....
Marsha wanted to see some new condo's for a rediculous sum of money....half mil all the way up to 1.5mil....nice but way out of my price range...

well..then we went to the navy museum...and low and behold ...there is the SSN683 USS PARCHE sail...I'd forgotten that they cut it off and saved it..made a monument out of it in front of the museum....well..naturally I had to get a few pic's of the parche's sail with me infront....I'd been all over that sail..inside and out when parche was active..I was assigned to ocean engineering at mare island back in the mid 80's and installed some systems internal and external to the hull....
so..naturally I got all excited...then the docent of the museum and I talked...of course I couldn't divulge what I knew but I had him laughing and intriqued just the same....
we toured the museum...I got a parche hat and then went back to the boat....after we rested a bit..I was waxing the boat topside deck on the bow and this guy comes running down the dock in a panic...stops and asks me if I'd seen a little kid ....I said no..sorry...then about 30 seconds later I hear this bloodcurdling scream from him down at the end of the dock...yep..you guessed it..the kid fell into the water and drowned...I got there after calling 911 and just started to jump in on cpr when this big black woman came in and said "I'ma nurse.."...I said..go for it.....they did cpr and brought the little girl back....she started screaming and the whole dock cheered...she wound up like a turbine engine too full pwr....started low and went high!!...amazing.......

I don't know what else happened..she was hauled off by ambulance and that's the last we heard about her...

marsha and I watched an amazing sunset and after watching seahawks win by a few points on tv...went to bed...got up this morning and after breakfast and potty breaks for the kids..we headed out...unfortunately the water wasn't much fun coming home...burned up a half a tank of gas...anyway..we made it home and that's been about it...

on a side note....for us locals here...Bremerton marina is a showspot now...docks are nice and wide...solid...hardly moves at all...there is barely any wave action from the ferry docking...it's clean and quite friendly...there weren't alot of folks there in the transient docks....but it's a great place to go now....not alot of restaurants..yet...but they are completely revamping the downtown district....definitely a place to check out.....
hope you had a great weekend and was able to get out on the water!!:D
:arr arrrr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Talk about a wild weekend!! 17 Aug 2008 22:04 #2

• FishingFool
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Sounds like a pretty good weekend! Crazy strory about the little girl. So glad to hear she came back. I have a 9 year old and couldn't imagine... Great job on the CPR you may have saved her life.....

Bryan Clement
1977 Uniflite 38
Twin 310 HP Detroit's 671N
8KW NorthernLights Gen Set
2008 13 foot Boston Whaler Sport w/40HP Mercury
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Talk about a wild weekend!! 18 Aug 2008 01:02 #3

• 2 Buoys & a Gull
  • Thank you received: 0
Wow. Cool story about the weekend. Everyone that operates a boat should take some basic first aid and CPR. Good thing you knew it. That first minute or two until pros get there can make all the difference. That girl's family is lucky you were there.
I think my CPR is expired now, but I've taken the course four times and could probably teach it by now.

Talk about a wild weekend!! 18 Aug 2008 01:26 #4

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
guys...I didn't do anything..the nurse showed up just as I was going to dive in...she did all the work and gets all the credit...I grabbed the dad cuz he was a mess and sat him down to talk him into some calm..that's all.......I'm no hero in this event at all..but the good thing is the little 2 yr old survived....dad's a mess..and that's all........folks!!....
PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE CHILDREN WEAR PFD'S ON THE DOCK!!!.......it only takes a second with the back turned that a kid can get into trouble like that......ok..off my soapbox.....:arr arr

Talk about a wild weekend!! 05 Sep 2008 21:41 #5

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
idiot spammer!!..please delete this clown...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds