• Page:

TOPIC: ANOTHER great day!

ANOTHER great day! 17 Aug 2008 20:31 #1

• tonyiiiafl
  • tonyiiiafl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 42
We had another great day on Cape Cod! We originally left the marina t 6:30 (DAMNED LOW BRIDGE!) and ehaded out to Cleveland Ledge and Martha's Vineyard. However, when we got to the ledge, the seas were kicking up 4 to 5's and we were still only 1/3 of teh way to the destination. So we turned around, transited teh Cape Cod Canal and exited into Cape Cod Bay and tried fishing for stripers a few miles east of there. Seas were calm and smooth. The Admiral caught 2 sea bass, which was 2 more fish than I caught! We headed back through the canal and I backed the old girl into the slip on teh first shot! The DP PERFORMED to a point of truly exceeding expectations! A year ago, this would have been a 50 gallon trip. Today, cruising by Flo Scan just under the point where teh secondaries opened, I used 32 gallons! That FloScan is a MUST HAVE tool. Add it to the efficient DP and what a winning combo! to be able to plane out at 3200 revs with a wide beam and a single 260 just makes my day, week, month!

I hope everyone else had just as great a weekend as the Admiral and I did! JUST OUTSTANDING!

Sigh......now until next weekend!

Now the part that stinks! We were supposed to go to Ft. lewis, WA on Friday to pin on our daughter's 2nd LT bars at her commissioning ceremony. When we arrived at the airport we were greeted by the sign blinking, "Due to a less than capacity flight, your flight has been cancelled!" I won't tell you all what or how upset I was. I just can't figure out how the airlines can get away with this bull$h*&! I am also in the business and even booked a full fare flight. So, we had a great day on teh water, but missed pinning on the bars!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tony, Cape Cod, MA
Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
454 Merc Cruisers inboards
"HOLODECK"
2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
www.bourneyachtclub.com

ANOTHER great day! 17 Aug 2008 21:26 #2

• pkrogh
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
It's great to hear that after all the trials and tribulations that the tug is finally providing the fun you bought her for. May there be many more such voyages!

Sorry to hear about your missing the pinning. I just don't understand how the airlines get away with this sort of stuff. I suppose if folks staged a riot when planes were canceled, that might put the fear in the bastages.

Pete

"KROGHS NEST"
1983 Trophy 2260, '93 VP 250-A/SPA
Nordland , Washington, USA

ANOTHER great day! 17 Aug 2008 22:31 #3

• tonyiiiafl
  • tonyiiiafl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Thanks! This reminde me of the first season when I had a lot of problems, worked my way through them and had a GREAT season last year. At least we have a lot of season ahead of us. The old girl has proved herself to me and the Admiral and I are planning a week away on her in Sept, and are now confident that she will get us tehre and back. My hat is totally off to Steve's Marine for the way he handled the problems I had. I cannot say enough good about this man and his wife for their copmpassion for a customer who they probably will never meet. THAT is how business should be conducted!:cool:

Yeah, I do not know how they get away with it either. They have us by the you know whats.

I booked a Disney vacation for a family who required non stop flights and the air lines have changed the flights 6 times so far. I mean, people depend on making advance arrangements. I am just beside myself to be cancelled 2 hours before f light because it did not fill to capacity.

Mike, I may be PM'ing you about trying those B3's now, if you still have them!:)

Tony, Cape Cod, MA
Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
454 Merc Cruisers inboards
"HOLODECK"
2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
www.bourneyachtclub.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds