Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pt. Hudson Wa.

Pt. Hudson Wa. 03 Aug 2008 23:23 #1

• seapuppy
  • seapuppy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We just got back from a fascinating weekend...we were invited to join my old office of Customer Engineering's crabs afloat...crabs standing for CE recreation and beer swilling afloat...an unofficial club and not sponsored by boeing at all.....
we got off work friday and grabbed gear..food...kids and made for the boat...tossed our gear on board and then got underway..the water is iffy going out...the winds were dying down ...they started out pretty heavy in the morning...but eventually died down in the evening...we headed south to go around south whidbey island..and that's where things got interesting...the winds were still pretty good and thus wind waves were choppy..but not bad...we headed around south whidbey and then tried to cross point no point to get to the indian island cut...had to dodge a couple of huge cruise ships....and then headed north for the cut...
once thru there the water got fairly decent...then it was just straight up into pt. hudson...that's were the fun began.....as we entered the marina...and the winds swirling thru there were aweful...I approached the dock to port...and the wind twisted me into the stbd side dock...so..we rigged up a 50ft line and hooked it up to the stern cleat..the dock help pulled me over to the other dock....once there...we were greated by Bret and his wife and thier brand new 41 ft Searay...beautiful boat...just a stunner of a looking boat with twin cummin's diesels...

once tied up we all decided to just relax and have dinner on our respective boats...the morning brought hi winds all day and pretty warm...every one got together to go for lunch at nifty fifty rest. for burgers and soda's...it's a real throw back diner from the 50's with the whirlitzer juke box....those remotes at each table on the walls...and pretty good food/service..

we walked the town and even though it's really eclectic of a town..it's fun and friendly...the heads at the marina is outstanding.....brand new and extremely clean....

we all went to the brewery rest. and I'd called Pete Krogh..you guys know him here at the BOC...Pete was nice enough to drive up from his home east of mystery bay with his very nice wife...to join our crazy group for dinner....after dinner pete and his wife drove to the marina and we yacked about boats..both his and mine!!...

pete was the concumate gentleman and it was a real pleasure to have them on board our boat......Hope to meet up with Pete on the water again!!..

today we got up and all of us had a group breakfast in one of the buildings at Pt.Hudson...cleaned up and noticed the fog was closing in...we watched the weather and the whole place was socked in...at about 12:45 it finally broke and was a nice ride home to our marina at Dagmars....

all in all ...baring the winds the other day and fog...we had a blast with the CRAB's Afloat group....I won the worst docking of the weekend award...3 flattened ooooold fenders.....gotta love it....

:D

:arr arrr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pt. Hudson Wa. 03 Aug 2008 23:37 #2

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Where in the heck are the pics ?? :hammer

Pt. Hudson Wa. 04 Aug 2008 00:51 #3

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'll post them when i get a chance...

Pt. Hudson Wa. 04 Aug 2008 16:48 #4

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Added some photo's for the fun of it..

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/gallery/album720

:arr arr

Pt. Hudson Wa. 05 Aug 2008 00:09 #5

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice pics. Thanks Steve . :)

Pt. Hudson Wa. 05 Aug 2008 02:33 #6

• dumluck53
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice pics...good lookin' crew...bet ya can't wait to pass on those nasty ol' fenders, eh?...just don't be watching me and my docking "issues"... ;>)

Tony
Kids' Tuition
Meridian 381, 270 Cummins
Tacoma, WA

Pt. Hudson Wa. 05 Aug 2008 16:15 #7

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
yeah..that was one of my worser dockings for sure.....I'll save the fenders for ya!!..;) :kidding

:arr arrrr

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds