Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weekend out...

Weekend out... 28 Jul 2008 17:13 #1

• briankstan
  • briankstan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
We went out for the weekend here in Utah it's a Holiday (pioneer day)

Day 1:

We headed up to our favorite spot and we had the whole extended family with us. Including my parents, siblings and their spouses and kids. 17 in total.

We picked out a nice spot on the shore and setup the umbrella, chairs etc. and headed out. with our first round of people to go tubing, the weather wasn't as planned and there was a storm moving in and the wind was making the water less desirable for water sports.

we made a few passes on with everyone on the tubes that wanted to go, and then went back in to the shore and was hoping the weather would pass by. We it actually took a turn for the worse so we packed up, loaded the boat and headed back to our camp.

Day 2:

got up early and the weather was great, we headed back to the lake and setup for the day, we had a few less people this trip and my brother and his family decided not to go.

this day was perfect. We arrived and there were only a few boat on the watter. the water was calm and great for skiing and for tubing. the only real issue was after awhile a group of teenagers showed up with some waverunners. and didn't know the meaning of the "Orange Ski Flag". they were getting really close to us while under way with either a skier or tubers.

We moved to anothe part of the lake that had less people and all was well until we were headed back. This is where I got really upset, so I'm pulling my 5 year old on the tube and were are just headed back in slowly. this guy and girl on a waver runner decided that since I wasn't going fast and was throwing up a pretty good size wake that they wanted to jump it, keep in mind I have a tube with a young kid behind me. they are getting within 20 feet of the tube, and I keep motioning for them to move away and they just don't. Well by this point I stop and pull the tube in.

I head off to the park ranger and let them know what was happening and point out the waverunner that was doing it. they take off after them with light and siren going. I'm not a fan of getting someone in trouble, but with all these kids on the water and none of them seem to even know what to do around other boats, let alone stay away the proper distance while people are in the water.... I am becoming a bigger fan of having a boating course made mandatory. especially with these kids on the waverunners. I had one for many years and it's just not that difficult to pay attention to your surrounding.. :ouch

well after that we went back and had a geat rest of the day, the water was great, calm and great for swimming and cooling off on a hot summers day. I'll attach some pictures of weekend shortly...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1987 Bayliner 2150 bowrider (One of a Kind)
"Second Chance"
5.0 liter / OMC Cobra / 15 1/2 x 14 SS prop

Weekend out... 28 Jul 2008 18:37 #2

• briankstan
here are some pics...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

"Second Chance"

Weekend out... 28 Jul 2008 18:37 #3

• briankstan

"Second Chance"

Weekend out... 28 Jul 2008 18:38 #4

• briankstan
Last one :)

"Second Chance"

Weekend out... 28 Jul 2008 19:23 #5

• cbrenthus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm glad you reported them. They need to learn that what they are doing is very dangerous to others. I had a jetski back in 1997 and loved it, but I respected the rules of the road and when I wanted to get air, I took it out into the Gulf when there were small craft advisories. After hitting 5-7 foot breakers, and getting the kind of air where you can take a nap before you land, boat wake just becomes chop slop not worth the while!

Noadays, though, my favorite way to deal with jetskiers is to grab the binoculars and the mic to the radio. Then I look at them through the binoculars and pretend to be talking on the radio. If someone else is with me, I will also point. I have seen quite a few jetskis take off and leave alone after that!

Nice pics!

Horizon Dreams
2007 Trophy 1902 Click here to check in with other Trophy 1902/1952 Owners!
115hp Optimax
Pro Package
Full Camper Enclosure
Lowrance 527i

Weekend out... 28 Jul 2008 21:54 #6

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Great Pics Brian! Looks like everyone had great fun. That's what it's all about!

1) You were correct the report the youthful morons.

2) Get yourself a hand pump to put some more air in that tube!:arr

Good Luck & Smooth Cruisin' to ya'll! :arr
The Admiral and Syzygyone
"Afternoon Delight"

Albums - '77 Sea Ray 240 SRV SDB; '03 Bayliner 175

Weekend out... 28 Jul 2008 22:27 #7

• briankstan

Syzygyone;179411 wrote: Get yourself a hand pump to put some more air in that tube!:arr

we kept filling it up, seems the air gets out somehow when you put a couple 250lbs + people in it. :D you could call me the runt of the family at 190lbs. ;) except for my wife and kids of course.

"Second Chance"

Weekend out... 29 Jul 2008 01:55 #8

• cwelch
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great pics. Looks like a nice place.

"I'm not a fan of getting someone in trouble, but with all these kids on the water and none of them seem to even know what to do around other boats, let alone stay away the proper distance while people are in the water....

Look at it this way. Not only are you protecting your own family, but maybe you saved someone else's kid from being hurt in the future by having those teens pulled over. Kudos to you.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds