Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gone Boating!

Gone Boating! 16 May 2008 19:28 #1

• hurcoll
  • hurcoll's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We will be away for the May long weekend (Canadian)...

We leave today to Plumpers Cove and tomorrow we head to Secret Cove in the Sunshine Coast...

This is the first cruise of the year from our yacht club, but if anyone is in the area and want to tag along YOU ARE WELCOME!

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Airport Yacht Club Commodore
Bayliner Bounty 1979
Twin 470, Merc Alpha 1
Richmond, BC
Feel free to visit the DOLPHIN VOYAGES blog and leave any comments you may have...

Gone Boating! 20 May 2008 14:57 #2

• jstefano
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 12

hurcoll;149891 wrote: We will be away for the May long weekend (Canadian)...

We leave today to Plumpers Cove and tomorrow we head to Secret Cove in the Sunshine Coast...

This is the first cruise of the year from our yacht club, but if anyone is in the area and want to tag along YOU ARE WELCOME!

Cheers!

Hey, we were over there at Plumpers Cove on Saturday, did we miss you?
Few others BOCs were there as well

Jan
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Bayliner Classic 2452 (year 1995)
Mercruiser 5L, Alpha One

Gone Boating! 20 May 2008 18:13 #3

• Kuredu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Jan - it was nice meeting you at Plumpers!

Gone Boating! 21 May 2008 06:07 #4

• jstefano
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Kuredu;151639 wrote: Hey Jan - it was nice meeting you at Plumpers!

Pleasure was all mine, Etienne! I realized who you guys are when Ken could not stop searching for a TV to run his karaoke - I asked him if by any chance is he the guy who went with Kuredu to Pitt Lake and he said "Yes, and Kuredu is that boat over there!" :)

Please excuse my dog for stealing 2 of your steaks!!! :ouch

If you guys going somewhere again, would you mind to let me know as well?
I swear I'll feed my dog before he'll be allow to walk on deck!!!
my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attached files

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Jan
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mercruiser 5L, Alpha One

Gone Boating! 21 May 2008 18:13 #5

• Kuredu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
LOL - no problem with the steaks! I figure if a dog can outsmart the kids and get the steak, they deserve to go hungry a little :)

A bunch of local guys hang out on www.bcboatnet.org and most times we will post our cruises there in advance. You're welcome to come join in. You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

We have been invited to cruise with the NPYC (Non-Pretentious Yach Club) this weekend and will be at Plumpers again but will probably choose a little solitude and anchor out. After a week at conference and weekend of Squadron cruising I need sleep more than beer right now. No, wait, what am I saying!?

Gone Boating! 21 May 2008 19:20 #6

• hurcoll
Hello Jan and Etienne,

Sorry I was not paying attention to other boats at Plumpers on Saturday...

Etienne: What is the NPYC?

Currently I am a member of the Airport Yacht Club (and we are not pretentious whatsoever) and we are looking into expanding our members base. Currently we have aprox 30 members, 16 of them boat owners. We have a floating house which is our club house where we meet every Friday night to chat and have a good time. We also have several cruises planned through the season as well as special events. We do not have any outstations but have reciprocal agreements we several yacht clubs in the region.

You are more than welcome to come to our Friday reunion as my guests.

Cheers,

Antonio

ps. Did I mentioned that I am the membership chairman?....hmmmm, I guess I did not :rolleyes:

Bayliner Bounty 1979
Twin 470, Merc Alpha 1
Richmond, BC
Feel free to visit the DOLPHIN VOYAGES blog and leave any comments you may have...

Gone Boating! 21 May 2008 20:21 #7

• Kuredu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Antonio,

I also wasn't paying attention to the boats in Plumper. Were you anchored out or at the dock? We were in the first inside slip on the West/South side of the docks. If you left on Saturday you would have missed the karaoke on the docks...

NPYC actually stands for the Non-Pretentious Yach Club! Sounds like my kinda boating people. Coming from West Van, that will be a refreshing change.

Thanks for the invite to the AYC - I may take you up on that. Is the house in the river? Do you have a spot to tie to it if we boat over?

Gone Boating! 21 May 2008 21:11 #8

• hurcoll
Hi Etienne,

We were out at anchor as all the places at the dock were taken. Some of them misused in my opinion as there was enough space to put 2 or 3 more boats if some of the boats just pull in a bit tighter...

We were rafting to our Commodore's boat (Uniflite 32'). But we went several times to the dock on the dinghy to let the kids play at the beach and to walk the dogs (mine is a springer spaniel).

As for the invite to the club it is located at the Vancouver Marina, right by West Marine or the Boathouse Restaurant, so if you are driving that is the place to park. If you decide to come boating I am assuming that you would stay overnight, so I need to know in advance to secure you a slip for the night.

The house is a floating house that has 2 levels, in the main level is the big salon with seating capacity for aprox 70 guests (that is where we have our commodore's dinner, new years dinner, rent out for special gatherings or celebrations (all members have one free use of the club for a private function and as many as they wish for a nominal fee), at this same level there is a full galley with electric stove and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, zinc... full set of cuttlery and dishes. The ladies washroom is located at this level as well. In the upper floor is the bar, trophey locker, men washroom and the salon for the Friday night gathering. There is also a balcony with two bbq's.

As for the pretemtious personalities let me tell you that I had the same idea about a yacht club, a bunch of pretentious characters, however when I met the members of this club I found that they were quite simple and easy going bunch, they came from all over the mainland and some even from Calgary. As for the members ocupation we have a bit of everything, accountans, employees, construction, handymans, silversmith, retirees, researchers, firefighters, maintenance, etc...

Bayliner Bounty 1979
Twin 470, Merc Alpha 1
Richmond, BC

Gone Boating! 31 May 2008 06:02 #9

• jstefano
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

hurcoll;152348 wrote: Hello Jan and Etienne,

Sorry I was not paying attention to other boats at Plumpers on Saturday...

Currently I am a member of the Airport Yacht Club (and we are not pretentious whatsoever) and we are looking into expanding our members base. Currently we have aprox 30 members....

....You are more than welcome to come to our Friday reunion as my guests.

Cheers,

Antonio

ps. Did I mentioned that I am the membership chairman?....hmmmm, I guess I did not :rolleyes:

Hey Antonio!

we would love to join your club, if you are still taking new members! We have our boat at Lynnwood Marina, North Vancouver...

Etienne,

I was looking for you at Plumpers last weekend, you said you'll be on anchor.
We had a nice BBQ chicken from SaveOnFoods for you like a payment for 2 steaks stolen by our dog... but we can't locate you over there, so we spent night at Gibsons marina...

Jan
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mercruiser 5L, Alpha One

Gone Boating! 01 Jun 2008 17:36 #10

• Kuredu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jan - we were there but tied to the dock instead. Same spot we were at the weekend before. Sorry we missed you.

Gone Boating! 01 Jun 2008 19:03 #11

• jstefano
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Kuredu;156538 wrote: Hi Jan - we were there but tied to the dock instead. Same spot we were at the weekend before. Sorry we missed you.

Hey Etienne!

... oh, well, we ate chicken ourselfs at Gibsons marina! :)
BTW, how much do they charge at Plumpers? It's $2.00 a meter like they say on BC park webpage?

Jan
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mercruiser 5L, Alpha One
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds