Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stuart to Key Largo

Stuart to Key Largo 27 Apr 2008 01:26 #1

• konfla
  • konfla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Left Sunday (13th) morning about 11:00am with a nice NW breeze coming behind us and about five hours later were nearing Ft. Lauderdale. We stopped in Boca Raton for a swim cause the wind died to nothing and it was too pretty. Pulled into Lake Sylvan where the weekenders were just leaving. Great place to anchor for a nite or two. Next morning wind was up to 15 knts but still NW so close to shore was not too bad. Went to Miami, Bayside marina where the shopping and entertainment is tops. Next day we left late and motored across Biscayne Bay to an achorage at Pumpkin Cay. Very nice- watched a school of about 5 hammerheads circling nearby. I went snorkeling the next morning anyway. After breakfast we went out through Angelfish pass and were delighted to find the north winds did not wrap around to the keys so things were very calm. 20 miles later we pulled into the marina between Holiday inn and the Ramada. Enjoyed the hot tub and filled the tanks next door at divers direct. Did 2 dives next day and saw the underwater Jesus, "Christ of the Deep" That night we stayed in john Pennenkamp Marina which recently takes in transients. It is a way in a long winding channel and nearby Jules Verne Underwater Lodge. Left early next morning and went to Coconut Grove and tied up at Scotty's Landing for lunch. That final night we anchored at moneument island for a tranquil evening but instead there were about 8 topless models riding jetskis while cameras in the water rolled. I told the admiral how disgusting that was while taking a few pics myself. Went went Government cut in the morning and straight back to Stuart stopping only to wind in a few large Bonitas. Great trip!

BTW I was looking in the inspection hole for the fuel tanks and saw a little water down between the tanks. Why won't the bilge pump that out? It really concerned me cause I dont want to replace the tanks.

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jeff G
KaChing
1989 3870 - Stuart, FL
[/B][/COLOR]

Stuart to Key Largo 27 Apr 2008 13:53 #2

• nowakezone56
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great story. That's everything my imagination dreams of in a south Florida coastal cruise.

I've been to the Bayside Marina - neat place. Saw some unbelieveable yachts there. There was a James Taylor / Jimmy Buffett cover band playing.

I gotta send your story to a few people I know that don't get what I'm always dreaming about.

Stuart to Key Largo 03 Jun 2008 09:59 #3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Here we go again, another spammer! Administrator please delete cavanza post.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds