Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LAConner, Wa.

LAConner, Wa. 13 Apr 2008 21:25 #1

• seapuppy
  • seapuppy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
well...it was fun!!...there was scheduled to be a minus tide at about 4pm...which meant I probably wouldn't be able to launch the boat.....so..lunch time friday I ran out to our marina (boat is dry stored)...we dropped the boat in and tied it to the river dock...at about 5pm...after the wife and I loaded the truck with our stuff....grabbed the kids..(2 dogs) and raced to the boat...
we got underway right about about 5pm and got up to LaConner Wa. about an hr and a half later...we stopped at my brother in law's place where he took a few pic's from his back deck..(he has the million dollar view on whidbey island overlooking saratoga pass......we then ran around the corner to LaConner and got to the marina at about 7pm...or so...
saturday morning woke up to a gorgeous day...hi's around the upper 70's...we napped...I got to wax some of the port side of the boat that I can't usually get while it's on the blocks...then met up with the Brother in law and his wife for lunch.....they had managed to print and mount a great picture of my boat in the water....
we had a good evening watching the sunset and watched a movie afterwards....we got up this morning, had breakfast, then got some gas at the gas pumps....
it was shocking...3.99/gal.....our marina in the past few days raised the price of gas up from 3.34 to 4.10gal....the local marina is at 3.98gal....this is rediculous....there isn't a reason in the world for the gas to be this high.....we're all getting gouged for no reason...other than greed....ok..off my soap box...looks like we're gonna have a light boating yr until the price of gas can come down.....
we got underway after getting gas at the laconner dock and headed back ....it was lumpy coming out of the laconner cut today...the winds were coming straight down past whidbey island navairsta. and stirring up the wind waves..once we got out of that area...the water wasn't bad at all....we were able to keep a speed of about 29mph all the way home......once back at everett, we pumped out and then steamed up the river and put the boat away...washed it...ran the engine on muffs and cleaned up everything else....overall it was a pretty nice weekend....
hope everyone had a great weekend....

:arr arrrr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LAConner, Wa. 14 Apr 2008 02:40 #2

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Sounds like a nice weekend away from all those yard care items and enjoying the family... Great choice...

I got to drive my lawn mower into a stump and take it apart and fix the blade housing... that was Sunday...

Saturday I got to take a bunch of kids on board the USS Stennis (CVN 74) and then the evening till 11PM run a fund raiser of serving food at the Officers Submarine ball...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LAConner, Wa. 14 Apr 2008 03:23 #3

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
well...I'm glad I went boating....although I've been on the stennis ....I've never been to the Submarine ball!!..:D ..I don't ever remember seeing a ball on a submarine before!!..of course it's been 11 yrs since I've been on one!!..haha....:kidding

:arr arrr

LAConner, Wa. 14 Apr 2008 03:41 #4

• NWCruiser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Well I told myself I was not going to say anything.... but....... keep in mind that there is a no wake zone going up river and back from Dagmar's. Luckily I noticed your wake coming as I was on the river dock and was prepared. True it was not as large as some others and the tide was going out at noon requiring more throttle, but a set of rollers still rocked me around. Plus the log you seemed to be chasing and doing circles around pushing it with your wake was very close to being washed into me. And I know if it was you on the river dock there is a very good chance you would be posting the same thing. I do not mean to start a war or anything just a reminder to consider those of us who are tied up to the dock, I mean it's already bad enough with the fishing boats from the public launch coming by without having to deal with one of our own doing it. ;)

LAConner, Wa. 14 Apr 2008 03:55 #5

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
NW...I waited until the end of the dock to jump up the river for a quick test of the engine..then when I came back..I misjudged my approach to the no wake sign...extremely sorry if I bounced you some....also there was a 20 -30 foot log right where I was going to tie up....so I did a 360 to let it drift by.....again if I caused you any discomfort...I'm sorry......I normally just go up and dock on the river..but since this was the first long trip we were going to run ..I wanted to make sure things were working ok..plus kinda showing off to my dock boy!..(buddy from work helped handle the lines for me..)....

next time I'm on the dock..intro yourself and I'll buy ya a soda for my misque.......

LAConner, Wa. 14 Apr 2008 15:34 #6

• Camano Hal
  • Thank you received: 0
" No Wake Sign" on the Snohomish River?.....isn't that an "Oxymoron"?
To make any headway opposing the current, will result in a wake.

My first boat was moored in Steamboat Slough up past Dagmars, and it was just a fact that your boat was going to rock. You just make sure your boat is prepared for it. (logs were always an ever present danger....wakes or not)

In fact it was reduced when the fishing boats stayed on plane when passing.

You see the same thing at the Swinomish Channel all the time. Traffic opposing the current always throws off wakes. Just a fact of life.

Hal Miller
2001 2855 Ciera Sunbridge, 7.4L MPI, BIII
"Barracuda"

LAConner, Wa. 14 Apr 2008 16:06 #7

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Camano Hal;135769 wrote: " No Wake Sign" on the Snohomish River?.....isn't that an "Oxymoron"?
To make any headway opposing the current, will result in a wake.

My first boat was moored in Steamboat Slough up past Dagmars, and it was just a fact that your boat was going to rock. You just make sure your boat is prepared for it. (logs were always an ever present danger....wakes or not)

In fact it was reduced when the fishing boats stayed on plane when passing.

You see the same thing at the Swinomish Channel all the time. Traffic opposing the current always throws off wakes. Just a fact of life.

hal...I kinda jumped on it leaving the marina....but coming back I didn't judge the river current and my wake well enough and it brought me into the river docks faster than I thought it would......sometimes that river surprises me.....even when just idling up the river from the trestle to the marina (that whole area is no wake zone)..you can kick up a wake if the river is flowing pretty good...boats from up river will come screaming down river creating a mess of a wake...bounces the docked boats really badly sometimes....it was totally my fault for not realizing the current and my wake......:hammer

LAConner, Wa. 14 Apr 2008 16:15 #8

• NWCruiser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 51
OK I knew I should not have said anything. It was not my intent to get anything started. More like friendly ribbing :prod was intended. No damage was done and everything is OK. :)

LAConner, Wa. 14 Apr 2008 17:01 #9

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
NW...next time put the little jk guy up then!!....:kidding ....

no harm...I did notice I bounced some boats around some...felt really badly that I did it cuz I know how much I yell at people when they do something stupid like bounce my boat around....

no harm then....:ouch

:D

LAConner, Wa. 15 Apr 2008 02:35 #10

• Camano Hal
  • Thank you received: 0

NWCruiser;135800 wrote: OK I knew I should not have said anything. It was not my intent to get anything started. More like friendly ribbing :prod was intended. No damage was done and everything is OK. :)

Naw....it needs to be said...that Seapuppy is a hell raiser on the water....:kidding

Hal Miller
2001 2855 Ciera Sunbridge, 7.4L MPI, BIII
"Barracuda"

LAConner, Wa. 15 Apr 2008 02:39 #11

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
me hal???..sweet lil ole me???.......:kidding :D

LAConner, Wa. 18 Apr 2008 14:41 #12

• brad4550
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Seapuppy
I think we talked to you that weekend,we were doing the brite work on our 45 (more like enjoying the sun and having a cold one):) nice talking with you and your wife and thanks for the dog fix.Brad

Brad & Sharon
Lady Jake
1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
LaConner,Wa. (summer)
2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

LAConner, Wa. 18 Apr 2008 21:11 #13

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Brad...yeah..that was us.......Great talking to you and your lovely wife....our pleasure with the dog fix...the kids enjoyed you guys too....hope to meet up with you guys again!!!...by the way....take care of my future boat!!...:kidding

:arr arrrr

brad4550;137634 wrote: Seapuppy
I think we talked to you that weekend,we were doing the brite work on our 45 (more like enjoying the sun and having a cold one):) nice talking with you and your wife and thanks for the dog fix.Brad

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds