• Page:

TOPIC: Whittier/Prince William Sound Cruise

Whittier/Prince William Sound Cruise 31 Mar 2008 19:30 #1

• rrdarby
  • rrdarby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Bad weather/forecasts changed our week cruise/fishing trip into a 2+ day trip. This was the inaugural trip for 2008 after our last 5 day cruise/deer hunt trip after Thanksgiving (2007) Got underway 8:00 am last Tuesday (3/25) and returned to Whittier 10:15 am Thursday (3/27).

The trip took us Whittier, Culross Passage, Knioght Island Passage, Dangerous Passage, Past Whale Bay to Flemming Island, Down Prince of Whales Passage, to Elrington Point, Anchored Fox Farm, to North South Twin Bay, Past Procession Rocks, up Port Bainbridge past Swanson Bay, and Hogg Bay, Up Bainbridge Passage, across the S. Side of Chenega Island, up Dangerous Passage to Knight Island Passage, and Back into Whittier via Culross Passage again.

Weather and water were great but the fishing was slow. No bait or birds working so no Kings. While trolling did get a small 10# Halibut, 3 nice Pacific Grey Cod, and 6 nice Black Sea Bass. Saw a few dear, no bear sign (still a lot of snow around). Ice was coming out of Icy Bay early this year (the end of March rather than the first week or two of May. Did not see 1 other boat on the entire trip!!!!!

Was originally only going to go to the south end of Culross Passage, but, when I got there, the water and weather were so nice decided to bite the bullet for more fuel and go for for the more extended trip.

Here are a couple of pictures taken along the way.

Sunrise at Fox Farm Anchorage

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The Point between North and South Twin Bays

Entering Lower Bainbridge Passage

Through the Ice Bergs along the South Shore of Chenega Island

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/albums/album501/P1000139.thumb.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Whittier/Prince William Sound Cruise 31 Mar 2008 21:33 #2

• rrdarby
  • rrdarby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry, I resized the photos so they would be larger in my post. Obviously I made an error. If you want to see the photos in a larger format you can go to page 3 of my photo album and "click" on the individual photos.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/gallery/album501?page=3

Darby

Whittier/Prince William Sound Cruise 31 Mar 2008 23:43 #3

• Kuredu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great pics - thanks for posting.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds