Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington?

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 16 Mar 2008 23:15 #1

• mkgolfer
  • mkgolfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Howdy all,
Has anybody spent time on Lake Chelan in Wasington State?

The Admiral and I are from Northern California and are looking to take a nice 2 week adventure to some lakes north of us this summer around July 4th.

Lake Chelan looks beautiful and we were wondering if any fellow BOCers have been there.

Thanks

Mark and Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 17 Mar 2008 00:13 #2

• SomeSailor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 258
Oh yeah... GREAT lake!

We brought our boat over from the wet side a few years back. It's a really good time. You might consider staying at 25 mile Creek. It's a very nice camp ground with nice marina, pools and facilities.

25 Mile Creek State Park

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 17 Mar 2008 01:35 #3

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
or brave it on the puget sound...you'll find a ton of marina's to visit and awesome places to see..

:arr arrrr

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 22 Mar 2008 16:25 #4

• mkgolfer
Thanks for the replies.
We have a 275 and we love to spend the night on the hook.

I have searched the web and other boating forums, what I can't find are places on the lake to spend the night on the hook.

Any ideas as to areas on the lake the we can throw anchor and stay?

We will be there the week AFTER the July 4th weekend. What is the water temp like?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 23 Mar 2008 01:31 #5

• NWCruiser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 51
I have never anchored at Chelan but I can tell you it is deep. As to the temp it has always been cold, most people use wet suits on the lake if they are going to be in very long. On the plus side the weather is HOT so a cold splash is refreshing. You might try hitting the WA state parks site and see if they have any info for you. Or the chelan county web site. Hopefully some of the members from that area will chime in. Personally I normally stay in a lakeside condo with a pool that looks out over the lake. On a good night when the sun is setting you can see what looks like diamonds dancing across the water :D

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 23 Mar 2008 03:44 #6

• SomeSailor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 258
Great for tubing in the summer. We had a blast up there. Get your reservations early and definitely check out 25 Mile Creek and Stehekin.

Stop by I Boat Northwest and I'm sure Randy can give ya the best advice. (He lives up there) and Ken (3788Sam) has a cabin over there and knows his way around as well.

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 24 Mar 2008 04:59 #7

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
I went there three years ago and had a blast. Put in at the south end and ran all over the lake. Had a great time. Look at the info passed on to you and check with Randy on IBoatNW... He lives there...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 25 Mar 2008 04:44 #8

• Dave1952
You might look into Lake Roosevelt. It's a few hours east of Chelan, much larger, (over 100 miles long) much less developed with 100s of coves amd inlets to anchor or camp. The south end is in the high desert and as you travel north towards Canada you actually can watch the coutryside transform from desert to pine trees, waterfalls and foothills. Chelan is great...but Roosevelt holds more to explore.

Dave
Monterey 262CR
Willapa Harbor

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 25 Mar 2008 13:33 #9

• Bradvo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Lake Chelan is a nice place, but the area around the city is where most all hang out. It is a narrow lake and is long. The town of Chelan is a nice place to walk around. The wind can really come up on the east side so be prepared for that if your gonna anchor.
I know Roosevelt was mentioned but also right before that is Banks Lake and a nice park called Steamboat Rock. You will need reservations, also has good small mouth bass fishing, camp grounds are excellant and a nice laser show on the wall of the Coulee dam at at nights to watch, or at least used to.
Been awhile, I always enjoyed many of Eastern Wa. lakes. When we were just youngins the Sunlakes was our hang out, used to camp at Blue lake , the trout fishing was always good- Not a good boating lake, more for fishing at the time.

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 30 Mar 2008 07:35 #10

• paul in wa
Chelan is nice. I live about an hour from it & go there to fish for the monster lake trout. 25 mile creek is your best bet. The place does get very crowded, and the wind can get pretty bad. I usually go to Banks lake (same distance) because there is more there for us.

Paul

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 30 Mar 2008 16:02 #11

• Nehalennia
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9
If you can wait a couple weeks(July 18th-Aug 3rd-2008), there's about 15 of us running a 2 week trip to the best boating in the World. It will take us from the San Juan Islands in WA to the Gulf Islands and Desolation Sound in beautiful British Columbia. There are at least 2 boats coming from the Sacremento area and another 2 or 3 from Oregon, then the remainder are from WA.

It will be a blast. Let Doug(Go Aweigh) or myself know, we'd love to have you join us and your boat is in the same size range as the others.

Skål,
Todd
~Nehalennia ∆~ Celtic Goddess of the Seafarers
2000 ~ SeaRay ~ 260DA, 5.7L EFI, Bravo III

MMSI: 338080206

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 30 Mar 2008 17:27 #12

• completelymobile
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Very deep and cold ... if you want to anchor I would consider the Puget Sound as Seapuppy suggested.
Mike

1994 4788

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 16 Apr 2008 05:20 #13

• mkgolfer
Nehalennia....

Ah Man! That sounds SO fun! That's exactly what we have wanted to do...join up with experienced boaters and take that EXACT trip! Unfortunetly we cannot change our vacation...stupid work!

Thanks for the offer...is this a trip you take every year? It would be great to join up on a trip like that! If this is something you do every year, let us know and we can adjust our schedules next year!

Thanks so very much for the Invite

Dawn and Mark
Simply Zinful

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 16 Apr 2008 23:15 #14

• Nehalennia
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9

mkgolfer;136722 wrote: Nehalennia....

Ah Man! That sounds SO fun! That's exactly what we have wanted to do...join up with experienced boaters and take that EXACT trip! Unfortunetly we cannot change our vacation...stupid work!

Thanks for the offer...is this a trip you take every year? It would be great to join up on a trip like that! If this is something you do every year, let us know and we can adjust our schedules next year!

Thanks so very much for the Invite

Dawn and Mark
Simply Zinful

This will be the First "group run/ Rendezvous" for this group.

read this thread entirely before you say no. Tell work this is a once in a lifetime trip. It will be for me and I'm local. Currently we have at least 2 guys coming up from the Sacramento area.

MAKE IT HAPPEN< and I'll promise you you'll thank me later. It will be the boating trip to talk about for ages.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Skål,
Todd
~Nehalennia ∆~ Celtic Goddess of the Seafarers
2000 ~ SeaRay ~ 260DA, 5.7L EFI, Bravo III

MMSI: 338080206

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 16 Apr 2008 23:41 #15

• 3388sam
Sorry I missed this thread.

We own dirt and a dock on Lake Chelan at mile marker 6 between 25 mile creek and Lk Chelan State Park.
Like mentioned before it is a very deep lake, but past 25 mile there are boat only camp site with docks on both sides of lake going up lake!

http://www.chelanvalley.com/boatcamping.htm

They make great places to tie up over night and enjoy yourself:)

1999 3788 Alrighty Then, Port of Everett
2000 2100scz Alrighty Then III, Lake Chelan

Ever been to Lake Chelan Washington? 24 Apr 2008 04:37 #16

• Dave1952
I have to (get to) attend a conference the 3rd week of June in Chelan but there will be plenty of time in the evenings to get on the water. The best part is the hospital where I am a commissioner will be paying for the resort, mileage and food bill so it shouldn't hurt too badly at all!:) Every once in a while public service has it's perks...

Dave
Monterey 262CR
Willapa Harbor
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds