Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: this weekend...26oct07

this weekend...26oct07 26 Oct 2007 03:28 #1

• seapuppy
  • seapuppy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
well..the weekend broke as far as the weather goes..so..tomorrow we're gonna head over to poulsbo..it's a really sweet nordic town that has great food...good marina and a couple of bakeries to die for....we're gonna cut out about half day from work and run home for gear and food...won't need alot since there is some really good restaurants there....
In poulsbo there is a little nautical shop that has some really great stuff...I have been collecting lighthouse..the collectable type that has lights and all...
this will be my last chance to collect another lighthouse collectable for the yr.....I don't know if we'll make it back to poulsbo till next yr.....
so...is anyone going out this weekend??...are there going to be any pnw's boaters out?? and where are you going??...

if so..give me a hollar...if not..have a great weekend..the weather is actually going to be decent......:arr arrr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this weekend...26oct07 26 Oct 2007 05:26 #2

• pkrogh
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Got a reservation? What slip will you be in??

Pete

"KROGHS NEST"
1983 Trophy 2260, '93 VP 250-A/SPA
Nordland , Washington, USA

this weekend...26oct07 26 Oct 2007 15:43 #3

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
no reservations...it's first come first serve....and won't know what slip till I get there....look for the idiot with 2 loudmouthed shelties attempting to tell me how to dock!!.....haha...:kidding

:arr arrr

this weekend...26oct07 28 Oct 2007 21:45 #4

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well..we had a great weekend...exciting to say the least!...but a great weekend....we got out on friday about noonish....the admiral and I were at the boat after getting the gear ..dogs....food...at the boat by 1ish...as we rounded the snohomish river we could see the sound...it was flat as all get out...not a ripple anywhere and definitly no winds!!..wooohooo!!...
as we come up on the Everett marina we start hearing the Coast Guard broadcasting notams about SCA's on the puget sound...We look at each other like "have they stuck their heads out of the doors yet??"....we got back up on plane past everett and we're just sailing!!...as we get to the south end of whidby island....it turns ugly!!...white caps every where and 3ftrs with the wind coming from the south....took us forever to get to Agat pass...fighting the winds and waves all the way....I'm glad I didn't hail the Coasties and chew them out for not knowing the weather..
we made it to Port of Poulsbo and it was fun with that south wind trying to dock!!...we did it like pros and went up to pay the dews at the harbor shake....before I left I had to rebuild my sat dish with a new LNB and some welds that broke...so..got the dish up and turned sorta in the right direction and the new lnb just hooked right up to the signal!!..much to my surprise it was dead on the sat!!...now usually I have to aim...cuss some....drink some...throw something ...aim some more....fuss with it and finally get a signal....sometimes....but not this time..obviously the lnb has been going south on me for quite awhile.....
we ran up and had fish and chips at jj's ...really good .....then walked the town a bit....there was hardly anyone on the docks when we got there..of course saturday was another story...
got up at about 8am and walked the dogs...stopped at the bakery for killer donuts and pastries....went back to the boat and I hear this voice behind me...."Hey ...Are you Steve??"....not knowing who this is I started to say...nope...not if he owes you money!!....just kidding...turns out it was Salmon Troller and his lovely wife robin!!...we yacked a bit and shook hands!!...great couple to go boating with and meet up from the boc!!..Nice Meeting you guys there...hope we can hook up again!!.
..then marsha and I kinda chilled out for a bit till lunch...headed up to get my fix on a new lighthouse for my collection....now I got 10 collectable lighthouses......
we then walked over to Garcia's mexican rest.....really good food there......I think it's kinda new for poulsbo.....
we chilled out....slept...read....had a good time and went to bed...unfortunately we woke up to to serious fog this morning ...so...had to stay put till the fog lifted....when it did we got underway at about the same time as salmon troller and headed back for home...unfortunately the sound south of whidby island was lumpy again..not as bad as friday but still ..just once the weather gods would cooperate for a smooth ride home....
I almost had a heart attack just before the train tresle on the way home to dagmars....there has been a pole sitting straight up about 100 yards from the trestle....I didn't see it and yep....nailed it as a dead head...took a small chunk of gel coat out of the hull when I hit it!!..couldn't see the damned thing at all.......so...I'll get the gel coat repair kit out and that will take care of that...no damage anywhere else luckily!!...but sure scared the crap out of me!!....
all in all a good weekend and it was fun to meet up with a couple of the boc members !!.....hope everyone had a great weekend..!!...we'll send this weather your way east!!....

:arr arrrrrrrrr

this weekend...26oct07 29 Oct 2007 00:23 #5

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Steve ..Glad you guys had a good time .:mad:

this weekend...26oct07 29 Oct 2007 00:24 #6

• snoopdolks
  • Thank you received: 0
G'day Seapuppy....sounds like you managed to squeeze in another weekend on the water...congratulations. Nice to combine some good boating with even better eating and drinking.

I'd like to see a few pics though...:arr

With all that time off work though it is just as well your "unprecedented levels of unverifiable levels of productivity" are unverifiable. :kidding

I'm doing the same this Friday...I just bought an On-site caravan at Echuca where we went a couple weekends ago and we're going to spend 4 nights there..with the boat. Bring on Friday!!! Better go do some work...

Cheers Mate, Sean.

this weekend...26oct07 29 Oct 2007 15:59 #7

• Salmon Troller
  • Thank you received: 5
Steve -
It was great to meet you and Marsha at last. We came in at Noon on Saturday and had just completed our first walk through town when we spotted you on your boat. We look forward to another opportunity to get together and maybe have a beer & shoot the breeze. Oh, and please accept our apology for trying to run you over when we were leaving the dock. Robin is just getting used to driving the boat in close quarters and was so fixated on manuvering that she didn't see you until we were clear of the slip.
'til we meet again
Jim

2005 Bayliner 289 "Jake's Wake"

this weekend...26oct07 29 Oct 2007 16:20 #8

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jim,
yes it was wonderful to meet me!!..just kidding...always looking fwd to meeting other boc'rs on the dock..next time we'll all hit one of the local restaurants....don't worry bout Robin's driving...that's why we have brakes!!...haha....it was terrific and looking fwd to seeing ya'll again...

Steve/Marsha

this weekend...26oct07 30 Oct 2007 03:17 #9

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

snoopdolks;82763 wrote: G'day Seapuppy....sounds like you managed to squeeze in another weekend on the water...congratulations. Nice to combine some good boating with even better eating and drinking.

I'd like to see a few pics though...:arr

With all that time off work though it is just as well your "unprecedented levels of unverifiable levels of productivity" are unverifiable. :kidding

I'm doing the same this Friday...I just bought an On-site caravan at Echuca where we went a couple weekends ago and we're going to spend 4 nights there..with the boat. Bring on Friday!!! Better go do some work...

Cheers Mate, Sean.

we pretty much boat all yr long except during the holidays due too commitments....but I'll see if I can put some into my albums..thought I had some there...we go there a few times a yr....good luck with your weekend....:arr arrr

this weekend...26oct07 30 Oct 2007 22:22 #10

• NWCruiser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Steve where is that log? which side of the bridge and channel?

this weekend...26oct07 31 Oct 2007 15:11 #11

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
as your heading up river..about middle of the river ...slightly to the right by about 25 ft...line up like your going thru the right side of the trestle and you'll hit it...danged if I didn't!!....
if the tide is low...you'll see it sticking out...tie a line on it and pull it to the side if you pass by!!...

this weekend...26oct07 31 Oct 2007 17:28 #12

• NWCruiser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Thanks for the location. I have not been out for over a month but I plan on it this weekend and I always line up to go through the right side when returning. I will look for it and if I can get a line or something on it I will try to pull it out of the way. I am surprised someone has not flagged it or something already. Glad your boat is OK.

this weekend...26oct07 31 Oct 2007 17:40 #13

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks.....just some gelcoat knocked off..I'm going to go this weekend to repair it...I usually line up on the return to the left but it was hi tide and didn't see the dead head....so...I went thru the right!!...DOH!...idiot alert!!..bang...got it!!...have a great weekend..supposed to be fairly nice!!..
:arr arrr

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds