Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: San Juan Islands, first major boat trip

San Juan Islands, first major boat trip 09 Sep 2007 23:08 #1

• oh_wells
  • oh_wells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Our trip went great! Thank you so much for all of your pep talks.

We left early Saturday morning from Port Orchard for Friday Harbor. Right by Smith Island in the strait we hit some fog and also some kelp. Our engine intake got blocked so we had to stop, remove it, but the engine temp went back to normal and we were off again. We made it there in 3 hours. The marina was swamped with boats. I think we were the last boat in to get a slip (at least in our size range).

Sunday we headed out for Spencer Spit. We met up with my FIL and rafted with them there.

Monday we went to Stuart Island and practiced our anchoring skills. We had an afternoon shower but that quickly cleared up.

Tuesday we went to Roche Harbor. We met Tally (Wickus) there. I'm sorry we couldn't help you more with your engine problems and sorry we didn't swing by your boat. With the two little ones, it is hard to be spontaneous. We were in bed each night right after dark.

Wednesday we headed out to Sucia Island and grabbed a buoy in Fox Cove. It got pretty windy that night and the next day. Heading back to Friday Harbor the next day was pretty rough until we got into the shelter of Waldron and Orcas.

Thursday we headed back to Friday Harbor and Friday we left early for our return to Port Orchard.

We had fabulous weather and good knowledgeable company that taught us a ton during this trip.

Here we are at Spencer Spit. You can see our boat rafted up to my FILs 40' Hunter in the background.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1996 2858
"Oh Wells"

San Juan Islands, first major boat trip 10 Sep 2007 01:18 #2

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
congrats on your adventure!!..sounds like you had a great time...and that's what it's all about.....

:arr arrr

San Juan Islands, first major boat trip 12 Sep 2007 04:24 #3

• talman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Look for us in the San Juans
  • Thank you received: 120
We saw Oh Wells arrive at Friday Harbor Friday. We walked by, but you were out. Again, it was nice to meet y'all

Tally and Vicki
"Wickus" Meridian 341
MMSI 338014939

San Juan Islands, first major boat trip 12 Sep 2007 17:32 #4

• Sunnydude
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Sounds like a great start to your boating! Nice looking crew.

Sean
1987 3870
Crimson Pride II
Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
MMSI: 338080226
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds