Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pitt Lake, BC

Pitt Lake, BC 05 Sep 2007 19:13 #1

• hurcoll
  • hurcoll's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
For the Labour Day long weekend we went to Pitt Lake, BC, the largest tidal lake in the world...

We had a bit of everything... we started our trip quite late and then, had to wait 40 minutes for a swinging bridge to open in order to get through. While we were waiting a moron came with his boat charging at us at full throttle and despite warning everyone on board his wake tummbled to of my passengers (some of you might have read the post about collisions or near collisions ...)

Once in the lake I went a bit to far to the starboard side of the channel (according to my GPS charts I was still on the channel) and got trapped and with the sudden stopped my towing line got tangled with the propeller... so,it is dark, we are aground and I am on the swimming grid trying to clear the rope from the propeller and about to fall into the water a couple of times when I realized that -DUHHH- it is only 3 ft of water, so I jump into the water and now I can reach the leg but I am freezing, when I realized (second DUHHH) that I have my wetsuit on board!... Any way, got the boat free of the towing rope and pushed Dolphin back into the navigation channel.

We set course to the first Island in the lake and set anchor (already 11:30 pm) for the first time and went to sleep... or not... we were dragging, the wind was too strong, so we lift the anchor and found a more sheltered area at 3:00 am...

Any way, we found our friends in the Dark Creek Marine Park, we had a blast, including a Hot Tub in the middle of nowhere... I took my 18 ft. seaswirl cuddy (150 hp OB) back to Richmond for my son's Foot-Ball game (season opener) which they won, and then back to Pitt Lake...

Here are some pictures... More of them at the Dolphin's blog ...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Airport Yacht Club Commodore
Bayliner Bounty 1979
Twin 470, Merc Alpha 1
Richmond, BC
Feel free to visit the DOLPHIN VOYAGES blog and leave any comments you may have...

Pitt Lake, BC 06 Sep 2007 16:14 #2

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hurcoll:
Sounds like a great trip.
I love reading your posts and your blog.
Keep up the sharing. It is greatly appreciated!

Good Luck & Smooth Cruisin' to ya'll! :arr
The Admiral and Syzygyone
"Afternoon Delight"

Albums - '77 Sea Ray 240 SRV SDB; '03 Bayliner 175

Pitt Lake, BC 09 Sep 2007 16:16 #3

• Kuredu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Pitt lake is one of our favourite annual cruises. We were going up for the long weekend also but changed to Montague Harbour because of the forecast.

You were just south of where we normally tie up.

Nice post, thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds