Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Fun weekend.

A Fun weekend. 05 Sep 2007 02:03 #1

• mowhawky
  • mowhawky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I love three day weekends. We headed out on Saturday with another boat to drop some crab pots and enjoy the weekend. The water was smooth and it made for a great ride out to the crabbing grounds. On the way there my friends daughter took some nice pics of the boat moving along just as we approached Agate pass. After we cleared the pass we headed out into the sound and ran about a mile and set the pots in my trusted spot.
Then it was a back track into Poulsbo for a one night stay with the family. We arrived at about 10:30 and found slips next to each other as a couple of boats left just as we arrived. We got Lucky :). We spent the day lazing around, talking and eating. The kids watched some movies and we all went for a walk thru the town. I only live 5 miles from there but never have taken the time to look around. It was alot of fun and I highly recommend Poulsbo to anyone.
At around 1600 a beautiful boat called the TOPAZ from Seattle pulled in. It is around a 45 foot all wood boat. It was in beautiful shape and made everyone on the dock stop and look. The TOPAZ made up three spots from us and had a really swinging private party that lasted till around 2300. They were a hoot to watch. Nothing Like a bunch of 40 or 50 somethings dancing to the 70's disco hits.
While all the dancing was going on I got bored since everyone on our boats went to bed so I went ahead and washed the boat in the dark. All the little hand prints and potato chip crumbs were driving me bonkers. That being finished I headed off to bed.
Woke up around 0800 (very late for me), lounged around abit and the admiral made breakfast. It was the best breakfast I have had in years. Fried egg, bacon, Johnsonville Brauts and Blue Berry Pancakes. Why is it that breakfast tastes soooooooo good on the boat? Anyway we finished up and cleaned up and started making preparations for underway. The wind had come up during the morning and was blowing out of the south at a healthy 15. No big deal for me (It will be later) but we watched about a 40-45 sailboat try over and over again to get turned out of his slip and pointed for the entrance but the wind kept him right where it wanted him. He finally got his underpowered, rudder steered sailboat pointed fair after 6 attempts. Then it was out turn. We cast off lines and headed out to check the pots.
Grabbed the pots out in the sound and caught over 40 crab but only 6 keeper males. The males were huge and some of the best looking crab I had seen in a while. Got the pots stowed and headed for the barn. It was a little bumpy on the way back with the south wind but nothing bad. Headed for the boat ramp thinking it was going to be a mad house but there was only one boat sitting at the end of the launch. What Luck!. So I motor up and ask the lady holding the small boat if they are launching or retrieving. She says they aren't doing either and she is waiting for her husband. So trying to understand what she meant (because there is no way someone would use the boat launch to run to the store right??) I get a nice gust of wind that pushes me right at her. I try to power out of it but end up brushing her boat. No scratches on either boat but it sure was embarrassing. I felt like a rookie. Anyway, got the boat up on the trailer and headed up the road half a mile, parked cleaned and cooked some crab. The kids had fun, the admiral had fun and I will always remember the Labor day breakfast of 2007.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

[IMG][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u6/mowhawky/labordayweekend2007014.jpg[/IMG]

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2000 2859 7.4 MPI Bravo II
M/V Kenny V. (In honor of my fishing buddy who is boating and fishing in a place where the water is always calm and the fish are huge.)

A Fun weekend. 05 Sep 2007 03:17 #2

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
awesome adventure...there's more places to try....and alot more crabs out there!!...let us know if you ever decide to make the run up to everett!!...glad the family had a great time....poulsbo is a great marina to stay at

A Fun weekend. 05 Sep 2007 03:28 #3

• h20d0g1
Thank you for Sharing, Nice to know there were a few out there keeping the dream alive for us that did not go out this weekend.

A Fun weekend. 05 Sep 2007 05:32 #4

• Jim C.
Pat,

Not going to mention anything about the rock collecting adventure or guy with pink dog?

Jim

1993 2755 Cierra Sunbridge
5.7L Mercruiser
FWC
Alpha 1 Gen II
Port of Brownsville Marina

A Fun weekend. 05 Sep 2007 13:20 #5

• mowhawky
  • mowhawky's Avatar Topic Author
Oh yeah!! I forgot about the rocks for the BBQ. Jim's wife had Jim and I go to the Marina Mart to try and find some Lava rocks for the BBQ. Thought it might help the BBQ get a more even heat soooooo after a few beers we head off to find some. No luck of course with finding lava rocks so we decide that the best course of action is to borrow some river rock from any place we could find some. So we exit the store, turn right and find a small vacant lot and start digging them out of the hill side. We put them in the same bag with the beer and head back down to the boat with our rocks and beer. Don't know if they really made a difference but we used them anyway.
The pink dog was funny too. Some big dude, a body builder type with huge arms comes walking down the pier. Next thing you see is the dog he is walking. It's a tiny little thing with a pink lifejacket on with white poka dots. Now picture this after a few beers and it is really funny. Of course we didn't laugh to loud for fear of being smashed by the guys fore arms. Thanks for reminding me Jim.

2000 2859 7.4 MPI Bravo II
M/V Kenny V. (In honor of my fishing buddy who is boating and fishing in a place where the water is always calm and the fish are huge.)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds