• Page:

TOPIC: 4 weeks Holiday on a Bayliner 325

4 weeks Holiday on a Bayliner 325 21 Aug 2007 05:18 #1

• Roel Jansen
  • Roel Jansen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
We just are back a week from our summer Holidays. It was the first time we would and could made some extended cruising with our new boat. As we had 4 weeks we decided to expand our trip to the North part of the country with visiting the Wadden islands, a group of small islands, situated rather close to the mainland from the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. First stop would be Medemblik in the IJsselmeer, trough the locks at Den Oever straight to Texel,the island where she is born and her family lives. We didn't made it!
Due to very nasty storms and frightened parents (in law)we decided to skip that part of the plan. When we left Amsterdam there was a NW wind blowing but we decided to go, otherwise the 325 would become a dock queen or a "Party boat". What a great ride this boat has! When we passed the locks in Enkhuizen the threatening dark clouds decided to join the sever wind. As we had all the covers down and despite wearing our rain jackets we were soacked to the skin in a minute. Again the The Rapunga proofed what a great boat she is. Twenty 20 minutes later with waves coming over and water pouring down and punching into my face, like ice needles, we reached the Regatta Marina of Medemblik. We both expressed, while drinking a nice alcoholic drink, our feelings about how well the the boat performed. After Medemblik we jumped over to Stavoren. And it was the beginning of a 4 weeks Holidays with all that can happen. From first scratches to first little gel coat damage, we even bought two folding bicycles I first didn't wanted but Admiral insisted and she was right! We ran into Skutsje Silen a local regatta between the last remaining 14 old flat bottom, local transport sailing ships. Held at different lakes and it changes small sleeping villages of 600 inhabitants into thousands of partying, mostly young people. These holidays were a blast and over too soon. Last week the boat was hauled damage repaired and she is back in the slip in all her beauty!

Some pictures: http://family.webshots.com/album/560332612rSMSml

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Roel Jansen
Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Te Rapunga
Bayliner 340 2006

Again not made friends, but you can kill the messenger but not the message!
Remember that our Nation was sailing the seas long before yours was even discovered! ;)
BOC member since 1998
[url]...

4 weeks Holiday on a Bayliner 325 21 Aug 2007 05:30 #2

• nowakezone56
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice pics! 4 weeks. Well done. Have you ever done that before? Any feeling of being crowded? Your boat looks great.

4 weeks Holiday on a Bayliner 325 21 Aug 2007 07:26 #3

• Roel Jansen
  • Roel Jansen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Nowake,

Thanks,

This was the first time we stayed away 4 full weeks. Normally we go 3 weeks but weather depending we shorten it a couple of days. Just like last year when we decided to go home 2 days earlier because of very good weather forecast for only that particular Thursday and very bad weather for the rest of the last week. But never the reason was we felt crowded or were aware of it, not in the 1802 Capri cuddy , the 2352 Cuddy, nore the 275 we had before. I think a lot depends on the way we boat. On Holidays we always go from Marina to Marina and we never anchor out. I always wondered why not a lot more folks take advantage of the extra room, a good Camper canvas provides. Also not much cooking is actually done. I think restaurant bills out range our gas bill.

Roel Jansen
Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Te Rapunga
Bayliner 340 2006

Again not made friends, but you can kill the messenger but not the message!
Remember that our Nation was sailing the seas long before yours was even discovered! ;)
BOC member since 1998
[url]...

4 weeks Holiday on a Bayliner 325 21 Aug 2007 14:57 #4

• nowakezone56
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Roel, I totally agree about the camper canvas. Some places have perpetual good weather and are bug free, but here the horseflies this time of year are pesty, and a good canvas enclosure really extends my season. I had one made for my boat that has the screens sewn in and zip in isinglass panels.

Still want the cruiser though. :)

4 weeks Holiday on a Bayliner 325 21 Aug 2007 15:13 #5

• UKBrian
Fantastic Pictures thanks for sharing them.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds