Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lake Superior North Shore

Lake Superior North Shore 14 Aug 2007 02:41 #1

• runbeckyrun
  • runbeckyrun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We returned last weekend from a 17 day excursion to the north shore of Lake Superior. Our total trip was 734 miles...734 spectacular miles. I'll post more photos in an album, but here are a few of my favorites:

Lambton Cove, Mortimer Island, Slate Islands. Our boat is in the middle between two other boats along on the trip:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Leaving the Rossport, ONT Harbour in the morning:

A view from above! We hiked high above CPR Slip on St. Ignace island. Our boats are the two on the left (both Bayliner 3888's). This is a special place:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Becky
Blue Ayes
1989 Bayliner 3888
Northern WI/Lake Superior

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

Lake Superior North Shore 14 Aug 2007 02:43 #2

• runbeckyrun
Here are a few more of my favorites:

Inside Woodbine Harbour, Simpson Island:

View from inside Lawrence Bay, Patterson Island (Slate Islands):

Peek-a-Boo the Caribou. I did not need to use zoom to take this shot. He sauntered in as we ate dinner one evening as though he didn't have a care in the world. Peek-a-Boo (his nickname) spent a few hours with us before taking off for other parts of the island:

The caribou sighting was pretty incredible. As you can see from some of the photos, the weather was more than cooperative. We made a crossing from Copper Harbor, MI to the Slate Islands and had near glass conditions the entire way. I didn't think Lake Superior could lay down like that, but it happened. Half way across the lake we stopped the boat, shut down the engines, and our daughter and her friend jumped in the water so they could say they "swam in the middle of Lake Superior." Seriously - how many people can say that?! Especially when the water temperature was a balmy 45.1 degrees Farenheit....:D

Becky
Blue Ayes
1989 Bayliner 3888

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

Lake Superior North Shore 15 Aug 2007 18:27 #3

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127
Very nice trip and beautiful pictures. It has been a wonderful summer up north for boating, flat water seemed to be the norm this year. With the water at 45 degrees I'll bet they didn't swim for long.

Ken

Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.

Lake Superior North Shore 15 Aug 2007 20:31 #4

• runbeckyrun
I should have said that I used the term "swim" quite loosely. It was more of a quick jump in-yell "OMG I can't breathe"-and jump out. It really does take your breath away.

We had a wonderful time boating, relaxing and seeing all that the area has to offer. I have to say though, the people we met from the area were absolutely spectacular, boaters and non-boaters alike. We stopped in Red Rock and immediately had an offer of a ride up to the store (we declined because it was a nice chance to stretch our legs), but on the way back carrying waaay to many bags, someone else stopped and offered us a ride down to our boats (which we happily accepted). We had a similar experience in Terrace Bay. We had several opportunities to chat with "locals" while out and about and we really could not have asked for a nicer time. I was totally impressed with the friendliness...it was just amazing, and we can't wait to go back again next summer.

Becky
Blue Ayes
1989 Bayliner 3888

Lake Superior North Shore 15 Aug 2007 22:48 #5

• Kuredu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Amazing pictures! Thanks for posting.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds