Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done !

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 30 May 2007 00:56 #401

• Skygazer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3

garry454;32185 wrote: Hey Sky, if you get a chance, could you post the part number on the trim switch? Called the dealer today and they were not sure what I was talking about when I mentioned the different plugs, said they only showed the one part number. Figured if I can shoot him a PN then he can verify it is the right one.
Yours had 3 "bullet" connectors on it right (round)? Just curious. Thanks in advance. Garry :D

Hey Garry,

There are 2 different part numbers - mine is 87-815200A02. This one has OVAL ends. The other part number (sorry, I guess I tossed it) has the round ones. We have the same boat so I imagine you have the same one I do but check just to make sure.

If your guy cannot find it, PM me and I will call over to my place to get it for ya.

We were at the lake today and I think this is the single best mod we have done - cheap, practical and useful.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Peggy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Peggy
Husband Chuck and Badger the Border Collie
2006 Bayliner 185 4.3 Alpha One "Jackpot"

2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO PWC 160hp "Yamagogo"
In memory of "Seapuppy". :arr. Live each Day to the Fullest

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 30 May 2007 02:10 #402

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0

repeej;32016 wrote: The REAL secret is if the Admiral ain't happy leave her on the dock. ;)

Repeej,
You like living on the edge of the razor blade of life, don't ya ??????:hammer

Good Luck & Smooth Cruisin' to ya'll! :arr
The Admiral and Syzygyone
"Afternoon Delight"

Albums - '77 Sea Ray 240 SRV SDB; '03 Bayliner 175

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 30 May 2007 02:12 #403

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Skygazer;32246 wrote: Hey Garry,

There are 2 different part numbers - mine is 87-815200A02. This one has OVAL ends. The other part number (sorry, I guess I tossed it) has the round ones. We have the same boat so I imagine you have the same one I do but check just to make sure.

If your guy cannot find it, PM me and I will call over to my place to get it for ya.

We were at the lake today and I think this is the single best mod we have done - cheap, practical and useful.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Peggy

I dont' suppose we could convince you to post an attachment picture of what you are talking about, pretty please............

"Afternoon Delight"

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 30 May 2007 02:14 #404

• garry454
As usual, you can always find what you are looking for at the BOC. Thank you for the quick response. I'm going to call back tomorrow and shoot him that PN just to be sure I get the right one. Really appreciate the help. Garry :)

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 30 May 2007 03:08 #405

• tbear
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Syzygyone;32293 wrote: Repeej,
You like living on the edge of the razor blade of life, don't ya ??????:hammer

Can you say "Lorena Bobbitt?":arr :prod

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 30 May 2007 12:42 #406

• Skygazer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Syzygyone;32294 wrote: I dont' suppose we could convince you to post an attachment picture of what you are talking about, pretty please............

Here is the link to the part I have:

http://www.mercurypartsexpress.com/PartsExpress/ProductSelection/Accessories/getProduct.asp?sku=87%2D815200A02&SPHomeqty=&store=ServiceParts&statusMsg=&CID=167150187075228064271

Here is the pic of the switch itself on our boat:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Peggy
Husband Chuck and Badger the Border Collie
2006 Bayliner 185 4.3 Alpha One "Jackpot"

2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO PWC 160hp "Yamagogo"
In memory of "Seapuppy". :arr. Live each Day to the Fullest

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 30 May 2007 15:02 #407

• Lazlo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The orange and black warning stickers match nicely! :kidding

Great Job!

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 31 May 2007 05:24 #408

• tbear
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I was doing a little (ok alot) of web browsing and ran across a new (to me) company with automatic trim tabs...FYI

http://www.rocketflap.com/

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 31 May 2007 11:53 #409

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

tbear;32861 wrote: I was doing a little (ok alot) of web browsing and ran across a new (to me) company with automatic trim tabs...FYI

http://www.rocketflap.com/

:confused:
Patented over 10 years ago. They use a water filled spring piston instead of a sealed hydraulic like Smart Tabs.
If you read their "how it works" section and look at their little "blow out video", they only work for the hole shot and after the "blow out", they just flap free and have no affect on cruising performance or stability or even keeping the bow down while cruising. It's no wonder they dont' seem to have caught on. His idea was close, but not the whole enchilada!

"Afternoon Delight"

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 31 May 2007 23:09 #410

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Syzygyone;32898 wrote: :confused:
Patented over 10 years ago. They use a water filled spring piston instead of a sealed hydraulic like Smart Tabs.
If you read their "how it works" section and look at their little "blow out video", they only work for the hole shot and after the "blow out", they just flap free and have no affect on cruising performance or stability or even keeping the bow down while cruising. It's no wonder they dont' seem to have caught on. His idea was close, but not the whole enchilada!

I also noticed there was no pricing or dealers listed where to buy them..

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 14 Jun 2007 19:32 #411

• Shwane
  • Thank you received: 1

Macgyver;2566 wrote: LMAO ....if i listed and posted a pic for every mod i've done this thread would be 20 pages long ....lol

• Stainless Steel Scuff buster bow guard
  • Keel Shield
  • Skeg Gard
  • Smart Tabs w/ Protroller option
  • Sony Cassette head unit w/ 6 CD changer
  • Four 5-1/4” Sony Xplode full range speakers
  • Sony Xplode 10” sub woofer w/ 150 watt Jensen amp
  • Faria Clock
  • Hour Meter
  • Battery Isolator
  • Second Battery w/ custom stack rack
  • 2 - 12 volt outlets
  • Depth/Fish finder
  • Bucket Seat conversion w/ swivel/slider
  • Courtesy Lights
  • Locks for Ski locker
  • Vents for Ski locker
  • Pad for Ski locker
  • Ski Mirror
  • Custom Graphics
  • Spare tire and mount
  • Cover
  • Straps for Cover
  • Bimini Top
  • Rear Supports for Bimini Top
  • Custom Bow cover
  • Added Cleat and chocks to Bow
  • Two Step to Three Step Ladder upgrade
  • Upgrade bilge pump to 750 GPH and add Second 750 GPH Bilge pump/switch W/hose and T hull
  • Ice Chest Cleats
  • Compass
  • 4 - Attwood/Roberts pole holders
  • Attwood/Roberts downrigger
  • [FONT="]transom trolling motor mount [/FONT]

Where did you put the subwoofer? Also, where do you tie in to hook up the 12v outlets and amp. Sorry for being so eggheaded.

If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 14 Jun 2007 20:27 #412

• Shwane
  • Thank you received: 1
Thats outfrigginstanding. Where did you get that?

If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 14 Jun 2007 23:49 #413

• Visitor
  • Visitor
theres a pic here somewhere .. i'll have to find it ...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 14 Jun 2007 23:51 #414

• Visitor
  • Visitor
i built a box to fit under the port console that is sorta like an isobaric box and uses the hull as the rear part of the box ...here's the pic..

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 15 Jun 2007 15:23 #415

• Lazlo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK - - I did the low-cost, space-saving, admiral-pleasing, quick and easy Mod of cargo netting the gunwales. Should've done this a long time ago. These 175's get so cluttered with towels, suntan oil, hats, purses, thongs (the flip-flop kind) etc. - - you get the picture and no compartments to store the junk. Those nets really came in handy last weekend!

Thanks for the idea Ray!!!

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 15 Jun 2007 15:43 #416

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Laz;

My 175 has 6 " side boards that I think the PO put in. They come in handy but I am going to work on them some more to make them more useful. When I get a new digital, I'll post pics. They are quite handy for sotrage and don't interfere with the room in the cockpit. But, I like those cargo nets too. Where'd you get em?

Smooth Cruisin' to ya' :arr

"Afternoon Delight"

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 15 Jun 2007 16:09 #417

• Lazlo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sy - and I always assumed the '04 and '05's were identical. Mine are open from the factory but I noticed in the pic at the top of Mac's Sub that they are different.
The Cargo nets were bought at Pep Boy's. You can the one's made for the trunks of cars. Get one that is about 24" x 24-48". When you fold it in half it makes a pocket about 12".

they cost about $15
http://www.shop.com/op/~Highland_Universal_Hammock_Style_Cargo_Storage_Net-prod-23397418-31413029?sourceid=298

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 15 Jun 2007 16:11 #418

• Lazlo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sy - I always assumed the '04 and '05's were identical. Mine are open from the factory but I noticed in the pic at the top of Mac's Sub that they are different.
The Cargo nets were bought at Pep Boy's. You can use the one's made for the trunks of cars. Get one that is about 24" x 24-48". When you fold it in half it makes a pocket about 12".

they cost about $15
http://www.shop.com/op/~Highland_Universal_Hammock_Style_Cargo_Storage_Net-prod-23397418-31413029?sourceid=298

Here's a 45" long one for $7
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MULTI-USE-CAR-TRUNK-STORAGE-NET_W0QQitemZ270126665764QQcmdZViewItem

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 15 Jun 2007 16:58 #419

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Lazlo;38361 wrote: Sy - I always assumed the '04 and '05's were identical. Mine are open from the factory but I noticed in the pic at the top of Mac's Sub that they are different.
The Cargo nets were bought at Pep Boy's. You can use the one's made for the trunks of cars. Get one that is about 24" x 24-48". When you fold it in half it makes a pocket about 12".

they cost about $15

Here's a 45" long one for $7
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MULTI-USE-CAR-TRUNK-STORAGE-NET_W0QQitemZ270126665764QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the links info.
Mac's is an 03.

"Afternoon Delight"

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 15 Jun 2007 22:15 #420

• F18Lumpy
Has anyone tried these before? I've considered mounting these to the inboard sides of the port and starboard Back2Back seat bases in the cockpit. Not sure if I'm convinced yet or not.

Thoughts?

Jeff
2005 Bayliner 195 Classic
3.0L Merc / Alpha 1, Gen II
Learn about Money Management Strategies .

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 15 Jun 2007 23:00 #421

• Lazlo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I don't think I would go that route.
The nets make more sense in the boat. You'll never need to wash them. Sand / water goes right through. Anything inside that is wet will air-dry. They stretch to fit, and you can get a "visual" of the contents just by looking at 'em.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 16 Jun 2007 02:51 #422

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

F18Lumpy;38493 wrote: Has anyone tried these before? I've considered mounting these to the inboard sides of the port and starboard Back2Back seat bases in the cockpit. Not sure if I'm convinced yet or not.

Thoughts?

Hey Jeff
Yes, those are on my wish list, mostly to carry such things as cellphones, wallets, etc. I plan to put an inch or two of flotation fowm in the bottom. I was thinking though that Iwould mount them on the outside of the back2backs. I fear that if I put them onthe inboard side, in the aisle, they will be in the way.

"Afternoon Delight"

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 16 Jun 2007 11:23 #423

• F18Lumpy
Syz,

I've worried about them getting in the way too. Unfortunately I don't have the same amount of vertical space on the outboard sides of the seat bases as I do on the inboards. I have a small shelf just above floor height outboard of the seats at the base of the gunnels that will interfere. Additionally, my gunnels have a second shelf, above the first, so the netting solution that seems to work well in the 175's won't work in my boat.

You can see a portion of both shelves in this picture.

I've given thought to putting them in the back under the jump seats. However, I usually have cooler or two, a portable grill and a food bag that are stuffed wall to wall back there.

Oh well. I guess I should be thankful for the outboard shelve areas.

Jeff
2005 Bayliner 195 Classic
3.0L Merc / Alpha 1, Gen II
Learn about Money Management Strategies .

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 16 Jun 2007 13:31 #424

• Syzygyone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

F18Lumpy;38581 wrote: Syz,

I've worried about them getting in the way too. Unfortunately I don't have the same amount of vertical space on the outboard sides of the seat bases as I do on the inboards. I have a small shelf just above floor height outboard of the seats at the base of the gunnels that will interfere. Additionally, my gunnels have a second shelf, above the first, so the netting solution that seems to work well in the 175's won't work in my boat.

You can see a portion of both shelves in this picture.

I've given thought to putting them in the back under the jump seats. However, I usually have cooler or two, a portable grill and a food bag that are stuffed wall to wall back there.

Oh well. I guess I should be thankful for the outboard shelve areas.

LOL! I wish I had shelves and cabinets and secret sompartments......! The one major drawback to this little boat is the lack of storage. Oh well, the next boat, eh? So far though, we have only been out four times and each times we figure out something new to help with the organization. You boat, you learn!

Good luck with it and smooth cruisin'!:arr

"Afternoon Delight"

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 16 Jun 2007 14:10 #425

• SeaDog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Here is a pouch I use for wallets, cell phones, etc. either suction cup or use one of the buckles strapped around something handy.
http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/catalog/product_11194_Boatmates_3100_Utility_Pouch.html
I never leave the dock without it now.
Joe

1985 Capri BR 1950, "SeaDog"
AQ125a/275
Even a bad day on the water is better than being at work!
Moderators: Download_Completehiggins_jr
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds