Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done !

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 02 Jul 2010 22:46 #2101

• Danny
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 18

Jezza;473409 wrote: Hi All,

Just got my first boat, 1997 Bayliner Capri 1850 ss
Just awesome, only been out twice as is winter here but went for a fast spin up the hawkesbury river then next weekend sydney harbour under the harbour bridge & over to manly to take my nieces for a cruise, Cant wait till summer....

Hi Jezza,
Nice looking boat. I bet the water was a bit nippy !!
Plenty of help and advise to be found here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Danny.
Gold Coast, Australia.
2002 195 Sports V6
Alpha 1 Gen 2
High five 21" s/s prop

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 03 Jul 2010 05:46 #2102

• Jezza
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Guys,

Looks like a really good forum you got here, & i will need alot of help as is my first boat,

Thanks Capriss2050, I looked at another just the same a few months ago & since then knew i wanted that model, Great looking, runs great

Yeah Danny turned my legs purple launching it, but wanna get lots of experience before it warms up & gets crowded at the ramps...

Cheers Jezza

Bayliner 1997 Capri 1850 SS
Model - 1850 BB
Mercruiser V6 4.3 Alpha 1, LX Gen+
3 Blade 23p - Highfive 5 Blade 17p
Hawkesbury River/Sydney Harbour, Australia

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 04 Jul 2010 00:54 #2103

• SeaFR
Installed some LED lights. sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Thanks to J3ff for the info on the lights.

A mile of highway can take you a mile; A mile of runway can take you anywhere.
'09 Bayliner 175

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 08 Jul 2010 21:31 #2104

• NorthIdaho
Ok guys I went through about 20 pages of the 208 and can someone point me in the direction of where to by a bimini for my 2005 175? What size? Durabilty....etc. Can you provide links? Wife is bugging me to put one on plus I can't have the baby in the sun.

Thanks
NorthIdaho

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jul 2010 01:39 #2105

• jamsac
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

NorthIdaho;475662 wrote: Ok guys I went through about 20 pages of the 208 and can someone point me in the direction of where to by a bimini for my 2005 175? What size? Durabilty....etc. Can you provide links? Wife is bugging me to put one on plus I can't have the baby in the sun.

Thanks
NorthIdaho

May get other opinions, but especially due to where you live I will definitely recommend Leta's Top Shop.

James

The Bay that got me onto this forum
http://baylinerownersclub.org/forum/album.php?albumid=193
Newest, and hopefully last boat for awhile, 'VictoriaRobyn'
http://baylinerownersclub.org/forum/album.php?albumid=195
R.I.P.
'78 Bayliner 2050
Volvo AQ125/280

'89 Cobalt 21CC (Victoria Robyn)
Merc 5.7
MMSI...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jul 2010 01:48 #2106

• J3ff

SeaFR;473909 wrote: Installed some LED lights. sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

Thanks to J3ff for the info on the lights.

Looks nice man!!

I was rafted up with 10 boats for 4th of july and EVERY captain wanted to know how I did the lighting on mine!!

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jul 2010 14:41 #2107

• Matt's 175
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

NorthIdaho;475662 wrote: Ok guys I went through about 20 pages of the 208 and can someone point me in the direction of where to by a bimini for my 2005 175? What size? Durabilty....etc. Can you provide links? Wife is bugging me to put one on plus I can't have the baby in the sun.

Thanks
NorthIdaho

I got mine at the dealer with the boat. Trust me though, once you get it, you'll wonder how you ever went out boating on a hot day without it...

2006 Bayliner 175
Tilt Steering, 2 pc. Cockpit/Bow Cover, Family Fun Pack, 3 Step Swim Ladder, Smart Tabs, 19P SS Prop, Uniden Solara VHF, Sony CD Player, 4 Sony Xplod Speakers, Garmin 172c GPS, 400w DC to AC Power Inverter, Dual Batteries, Guest Isolator, Dual Faria Voltage Gauges, Faria Hour...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jul 2010 23:14 #2108

• madurodave
I brought this 2000 Bayliner back from the dead. Got it for a steal and the PO had it stored outside with the $300.00 cover UNDERNEATH IT. I added a platform, tower, bimini, stereo........and MANY other engine upgrades, etc. Will probably remove the jump seats and make a bench and add a captains chair. I may not get to this soon as my latest project is a sweet little 73 mustang coupe.

I baby the crap out of this thing and keep it in a covered garage. Will probably keep it forever. Here is a cool shot from last weekend on Greer's Ferry Lake in Heber Springs, AR.

Dave

Aboat Time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 10 Jul 2010 00:47 #2109

• Shwane
  • Thank you received: 1
Hopefully going there in 3 weeks. That lake looks awesome.

once you get it, you'll wonder how you ever went out boating on a hot day without it...

+1

If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 12 Jul 2010 02:41 #2110

• kjs
  • Thank you received: 373
Hello all,

what a great place/thread to find inspiration for spending $$$!
New member and new used Bayliner owner, 1996 1750LS 40th anniversary edition. Has less then 50h on it and that being 14 years old! The first owner used it a few times and after 2 years put it in A/C'd storage. Last year he gave it to his nephew who ran short on money (job situation in Arizona is bad due to economy). The boat looks like just out of the showroom with only 2 minor scratches in the trim lines and I acytually like the looks better than the newer models. I also like that it has the reliable 3l 4-banger.
Came with a lot of add-ons already, fish finder, 2 biminis, depth sounder, stereo to name a few. No trim-tabs but a fin....
It looks like it has a horn but I simply can't find the button to sound it.... Looks like I really have to read the manual!
Previous boat was a 1979 17' Crestliner (fiberglas), aquired 1998, with the most unreliable 6-in-line 90HP Mercury you could imagine which we had to give away when we moved to NJ 6 years ago. Finally we have a boat again!

Juergen :)

Jürgen
boatless for the future (?)

Jürgen's boating library

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 12 Jul 2010 07:26 #2111

• Busfxr

kjs;476798 wrote: Hello all,

what a great place/thread to find inspiration for spending $$$!
New member and new used Bayliner owner, 1996 1750LS 40th anniversary edition. Has less then 50h on it and that being 14 years old! The first owner used it a few times and after 2 years put it in A/C'd storage. Last year he gave it to his nephew who ran short on money (job situation in Arizona is bad due to economy). The boat looks like just out of the showroom with only 2 minor scratches in the trim lines and I acytually like the looks better than the newer models. I also like that it has the reliable 3l 4-banger.
Came with a lot of add-ons already, fish finder, 2 biminis, depth sounder, stereo to name a few. No trim-tabs but a fin....
It looks like it has a horn but I simply can't find the button to sound it.... Looks like I really have to read the manual!
Previous boat was a 1979 17' Crestliner (fiberglas), aquired 1998, with the most unreliable 6-in-line 90HP Mercury you could imagine which we had to give away when we moved to NJ 6 years ago. Finally we have a boat again!

Juergen :)

Juergen, Welcome aboard! Always good to have more members!

4.3L,Tower, 21p.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 13 Jul 2010 07:24 #2112

• mrsmith35sg

madurodave;476168 wrote: I brought this 2000 Bayliner back from the dead. Got it for a steal and the PO had it stored outside with the $300.00 cover UNDERNEATH IT. I added a platform, tower, bimini, stereo........and MANY other engine upgrades, etc. Will probably remove the jump seats and make a bench and add a captains chair. I may not get to this soon as my latest project is a sweet little 73 mustang coupe.

I baby the crap out of this thing and keep it in a covered garage. Will probably keep it forever. Here is a cool shot from last weekend on Greer's Ferry Lake in Heber Springs, AR.

Dave

Dave wheres your platform from?

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 13 Jul 2010 07:51 #2113

• Dave.Mishchenko

mrsmith35sg;477424 wrote: Dave wheres your platform from?

Looks like a swimplatforms.com model - http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net/PlatformSelection/BoatMakeandModel/Bayliner/Bayliner20502052Capri/tabid/2562/Default.aspx .

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 13 Jul 2010 12:43 #2114

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3

Dave.Mishchenko;477428 wrote: Looks like a swimplatforms.com model - http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net/PlatformSelection/BoatMakeandModel/Bayliner/Bayliner20502052Capri/tabid/2562/Default.aspx .

Swimplatforms.com... Worth every penny.

"There is unexpected beauty hidden everywhere in this world - one just has to be open to seeing it. Remember that the next time you sneeze on your monitor." - Nathan Walton

2007 BR175 (the Nauti Nurse)
Mercruiser 3.0L Alpha1 / Stiletto Advantage II 19P / www.swimplatforms.com custom swim platform...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 13 Jul 2010 15:32 #2115

• Artnithi
A friend of mine wants to sell his Bayliner 180 OB 2005 w/ 125 HP Merc Optimax. He used it twice since he bought it, that has been verified. Last time he used it may be 2 years ago. Any thing that I should concern about it?

Is Inboard better than outboard?
Optimax fuel economy compare to 4-stroke engine?
Is this boat doing fine in a bay with 1m wave?

Thanks for your help. I am still thinking and it's my first power boat if I buy it. I want to use it to cruise with my family to small islands 5-10 km off shore.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 17 Jul 2010 03:27 #2116

• kjs
Have no experience with I/O as the maiden voyage is still not done, hopefully this weekend! My previous boat had an OB and it was the most unreliable thing on earth but that may have been a problem of the PO's and it's age and hours used (a 1978 Mercury bought in 1998).

OB Pros: no big hole in the transom. Cons: a lot more weight and flex on the transom and the engine is squeezed into a tiny quarter.
I/O Pros: usually a larger engine and not as cramped in (depends on boat) Cons: the big hole in the transom which can leak and that stupid blower you always forget either to turn on or off (working on a solution....).

My new-old is a 3l I/O and I hope it does a lot better! Photo taken by the PO.....

Attached files

Jürgen

Jürgen's boating library

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 18 Jul 2010 02:20 #2117

• _PC
I'm in the midst of my stereo install. Boat did not have a factory stereo, so I get to do all the hole-making and wire pulling.

The speakers are mounted and I'm on to the wiring..... which I need some help with.

I ran a 14guage red wire to the fuse block for my main power. Where do I run the 12v constant wire to and where do I tap into the ground at?

I used the search function, but could not find any info on this specifically. Thanks!

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 19 Jul 2010 03:23 #2118

• tbkohl
  • tbkohl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I have had a water intrusion problem lately.
After a day out on the water I would take on a half gallon or better of water from what till this time has been a powder dry boat.
This was a little worry some and had me thinking bellows had gone bad.
Well it is fixed and it was easy.
After 12 years and a bunch of plug applications/removals the plug or garboard fitting has worn out to the point of letting water in.
WELL a quick wrap of Teflon tape solved the problem
Back to a bone dry bilge ......

Thought I would pass this one on..... Bowrider or not ;-)

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 19 Jul 2010 03:28 #2119

• tbkohl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
OK folks....I am in need of a swim platform.
Any one put one on my year n model?

Thanks in advance folks !

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 19 Jul 2010 03:36 #2120

• Danny
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 18
You gotta be happy with a easy fix like that.

Danny.
Gold Coast, Australia.
2002 195 Sports V6
Alpha 1 Gen 2
High five 21" s/s prop

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 19 Jul 2010 16:06 #2121

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3

tbkohl;480023 wrote: OK folks....I am in need of a swim platform.
Any one put one on my year n model?

Thanks in advance folks !

Not cheap by any means, but some of the best around.

http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net/BoatMakesModels/Bayliner/Bayliner1850Capri9497/tabid/3334/Default.aspx

Home page... http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net/Swimplatformscom/tabid/2474/Default.aspx

My Admiral is very frugal and minds the budget closely. Even she says it is the best money we ever spent.

"There is unexpected beauty hidden everywhere in this world - one just has to be open to seeing it. Remember that the next time you sneeze on your monitor." - Nathan Walton

2007 BR175 (the Nauti Nurse)
Mercruiser 3.0L Alpha1 / Stiletto Advantage II 19P / www.swimplatforms.com custom swim platform...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 20 Jul 2010 00:54 #2122

• tbkohl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

danny;480026 wrote: you gotta be happy with a easy fix like that.

yup i got lucky !

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 20 Jul 2010 00:56 #2123

• tbkohl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Capman;480196 wrote: Not cheap by any means, but some of the best around.

http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net/BoatMakesModels/Bayliner/Bayliner1850Capri9497/tabid/3334/Default.aspx

Home page... http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net/Swimplatformscom/tabid/2474/Default.aspx

My Admiral is very frugal and minds the budget closely. Even she says it is the best money we ever spent.

I have an e-mail into them.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 20 Jul 2010 02:45 #2124

• J3ff
I just installed one from them.

It was a B+ experience.

I had to find 6 out of 18 bolts because 6 of what they included wasn't long enough. 4 of the bolts broke while I was wrenching them tight (I'm NOT super man, they broke VERY easily)

Now, the bolts that they used to install the ladder have no rust. However on some of the SS bolts that I used from THEIR kit has rust on them.

I'd say they really need to get some QC going with the bolts, the platform is excellent though. Over all for 1400 bucks I expect them to send me some more bolts. This reminds me I have to email them.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 20 Jul 2010 03:36 #2125

• kjs
that's the problem with chinese stainless rubber steel. You can turn them off with your fingers and they don't get stains but rust. Stainless means no stain, rust is something different :)
I get all my SS nuts and bolts from McMaster.com as they only have European and Taiwanese suppliers for metric....

Jürgen

Jürgen's boating library
Moderators: Download_Completehiggins_jr
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds