Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done !

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 07 Jun 2010 22:53 #2076

• J3ff
  • Thank you received: 0
Copied from my other post, but I might as well put this in here.

PM me for details

I see people talking about LED lighting a bit. Here's what I did with 50$ worth of LED light strips from ebay.....

I have like 5 light strips left.......

Forewarning: the camera makes the blue look MUCH brighter than it really is, I tried it with different lens settings and it didn't seem to change much. Either way, the boat is def ready for some partying with some females this summer!!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This is more what it actually looks like:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 07 Jun 2010 23:54 #2077

• bigclay
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Lights look dang good might have to get them for my next boat

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 08 Jun 2010 17:24 #2078

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3

GPB;462840 wrote: There are a lot of good reasons to buy a bigger boat.....but, I don't know if "I had the oldest/smallest boat on the lake" is one of them. If you've got a boat you have faith in, runs well, and meets your needs, consider yourself lucky !! I have a buddy with a 28' boat and he frequently envies me for being able to keep my boat in my driveway, tow it with a fuel efficient car, launch it myself, and have a blast on 5 gallons of gas, and the best part is it's paid off !!! Sure, I get a little beat up when it's rough, can't go way offshore, or overnight, but I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

+1
I also get beat up pretty bad on the weekends. I don't go near the lake on a holiday. Many larger boats pulling towables and wakeboarders creating maximum wake. I don't begrudge them at all. I also pull towables when my kids are with me. Everyone is there to have fun.
I'll fight the rough water to get to my favorite coves, but when I take time off during the week, it is really fun cuising on the quiet water.
I thought about a larger boat to smooth out the rough water, and the extra space would be wonderful. But, after only 4 years, being upside down on the loan prohibits that.
I remind myself that this small, affordable boat got me on the water in the first place. I have no regrets.

"There is unexpected beauty hidden everywhere in this world - one just has to be open to seeing it. Remember that the next time you sneeze on your monitor." - Nathan Walton

2007 BR175 (the Nauti Nurse)
Mercruiser 3.0L Alpha1 / Stiletto Advantage II 19P / www.swimplatforms.com custom swim platform...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jun 2010 00:19 #2079

• David205
I pulled the trigger on replacing the stock Jensen 6.5" speakers on my 2008 205 bowrider. I decided on Polk Audio 6.5" MM651UM marine speakers.

It was an easy install. Just unscrewed the old speakers and unplugged them. Then since the old holes were a perfect fit, I just had to drill new screw holes. Plugged the new speakers in and screwed them in tight. These speakers sound much better but you can tell they are begging for an amplifier.

Unfortunately, the wife won't let me get the rest of the sound system I want until next season.

Attached files

-2008 Bayliner 205 20.5' Bowrider
-5.0 V8 220hp Mercruiser Alpha 1 I/O
-Walk through transom, depth gauge, trim indicator
-Tilt wheel, swim step w/extended platform, lounge table
-Bimini top / bow and cockpit snap cover
-Wakeboard tower, transom built in ice chest
-Custom windscreen
$20350 out the...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jun 2010 00:49 #2080

• 3 wide
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14

David205;465016 wrote: I pulled the trigger on replacing the stock Jensen 6.5" speakers on my 2008 205 bowrider. I decided on Polk Audio 6.5" MM651UM marine speakers.

It was an easy install. Just unscrewed the old speakers and unplugged them. Then since the old holes were a perfect fit, I just had to drill new screw holes. Plugged the new speakers in and screwed them in tight. These speakers sound much better but you can tell they are begging for an amplifier.

Unfortunately, the wife won't let me get the rest of the sound system I want until next season.

Polk makes nice stuff. I did 4 6.5's and 2 6x9's with a sub and sounded really good, but they do like power!!

3 WIDE
02 Ciera 2855
350 Mag MPI
w/ Bravo III
New Jersey

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jun 2010 01:14 #2081

• nh boater
capman
how many years did you finance the boat for?
This is what i do
5 years or less pay it off then sell it for all the money (keep my stuff like new) then buy another boat with little money needed.
If you do more than 5 years then its hard to move the boat becaues you are up side down.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jun 2010 20:02 #2082

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

nh boater;465037 wrote: capman
how many years did you finance the boat for?
This is what i do
5 years or less pay it off then sell it for all the money (keep my stuff like new) then buy another boat with little money needed.
If you do more than 5 years then its hard to move the boat becaues you are up side down.

Trying to remember... It was either 10 or 12. I had the desire, but not the extra cash for a higher monthly payment. I knew that boats can last a good long time if you take care of them as I do, so I was not worried about the length of the loan. I wasn't expecting to have the desire for a larger boat so quickly. I guess like MAXXFJ, it is hard to see all the big beautiful boats running V8s, sounding great, and not have the desire to go play on one. But, I look at the $165 a month I pay for this one, knowing that I can keep my gas guzzling truck, the Admiral's sporty car, our timeshares, and still have fun on the water without breaking the bank. That allows me to play all year. Not just in the warmer months. Like I said... no regrets. :)

Added note: I gotta stop going to the boat show. It's killin me! :kidding

"There is unexpected beauty hidden everywhere in this world - one just has to be open to seeing it. Remember that the next time you sneeze on your monitor." - Nathan Walton

Mercruiser 3.0L Alpha1 / Stiletto Advantage II 19P / www.swimplatforms.com custom swim platform...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jun 2010 22:59 #2083

• evilnss
Im debating on tossing a sub into my 2000 2050 Capri. Need to find a good spot for it. anyone have suggestions?

I think my list of goodies consist of brakes for the trailer, impeller replacement, general maintn. 2nd battery, new radio, new speakers, swim platform, some LEDs, Bimini, Subs., Supermodels.

2000 Bayliner Capri 2050LX
Mercruiser 5.0L
Alpha 1

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 09 Jun 2010 23:36 #2084

• bigclay
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Before I sold my 175 I had a Memphis Car Audio 10 inch marine subwoofer it was awesome. I also had a Memphis Car Audio amp and 4 speakers, my next boat will have all Memphis Car Audio again.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/marine-products/

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 18 Jun 2010 11:12 #2085

• clindner
So I get a new prop yesterday...14 1/4 19P s/s....I put it on and it hits the anode when I spin it. What did I do wrong????? It's supposed to fit the Mercruiser Alpha One outdrive. The prop I got is a Turbo One...which was sent to me in lieu of the Stiletto.

Any advice?

2009 Bayliner 185BR
3.0 Mercruiser Alpha One

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 18 Jun 2010 12:39 #2086

• brickman

clindner;468652 wrote: So I get a new prop yesterday...14 1/4 19P s/s....I put it on and it hits the anode when I spin it. What did I do wrong????? It's supposed to fit the Mercruiser Alpha One outdrive. The prop I got is a Turbo One...which was sent to me in lieu of the Stiletto.

Any advice?

You can use a dremmel tool to cut off the part of the anode that is in the way or you can buy a flat anode from mercury. I started a post a few weeks back called prop for a 175. I got some great advice from the other members of this forum. I bought the ftat anode, but if I was going to do it again, I would grind off the fin part of the anode.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 18 Jun 2010 14:36 #2087

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

clindner;468652 wrote: So I get a new prop yesterday...14 1/4 19P s/s....I put it on and it hits the anode when I spin it. What did I do wrong????? It's supposed to fit the Mercruiser Alpha One outdrive. The prop I got is a Turbo One...which was sent to me in lieu of the Stiletto.

Any advice?

You did nothing wrong. When installing a new prop, sometimes changes/adjustments have to be made. I had to do this when I installed a Solas prop, and will have to again for the Stiletto.

brickman;468662 wrote: You can use a dremmel tool to cut off the part of the anode that is in the way or you can buy a flat anode from mercury. I started a post a few weeks back called prop for a 175. I got some great advice from the other members of this forum. I bought the ftat anode, but if I was going to do it again, I would grind off the fin part of the anode.

I just tried to install my new Stiletto prop and used my dremel on the anode to make it fit. It made very little progress and burned up my dremel. It would be best to take it off and use a workbench grinder.
Matt's 175 listed an offset anode in another thread, as a possible fix for this. That is what I did. It is a Quicksilver part and I found it at West Marine for $16.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 18 Jun 2010 20:31 #2088

• Matt's 175
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
^ Yeap....West Marine has those sitting right on the shelf in the prop isle. ^
That's the exact one I'm using.

2006 Bayliner 175
Tilt Steering, 2 pc. Cockpit/Bow Cover, Family Fun Pack, 3 Step Swim Ladder, Smart Tabs, 19P SS Prop, Uniden Solara VHF, Sony CD Player, 4 Sony Xplod Speakers, Garmin 172c GPS, 400w DC to AC Power Inverter, Dual Batteries, Guest Isolator, Dual Faria Voltage Gauges, Faria Hour...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 20 Jun 2010 19:06 #2089

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Matt's 175;468790 wrote: ^ Yeap....West Marine has those sitting right on the shelf in the prop isle. ^
That's the exact one I'm using.

I installed the new anode and stiletto prop yesterday and spent the day on the lake. I was a little disappointed in the prop performance at first. It was busy with very rough water. I could not trim much without bouncing all over of the lake. Then, I hit an area with very smooth water and opened it up again. I noticed that the speed increase was slower, but kept rising. Then I played with the trim. Wow, you can trim the hell out of this prop! I was just above the first trim mark going up. Speedo was reading 49 (I know...GPS), and the tach was at 5000. I think I may be in love (sorry Admiral).
How many people are using prop locks for their SS props? I installed the McGard for Mercruiser as my boat sits outside. I have a security light, but just want to be safe. It went on easy, but does not incorporate the locking tab washer. The security nut has what looks like a teflon ring in it to hold in place and the washer that comes with it is beveled. It seemed to tighted down well. I don't want the nut to back off, so I will check it often. Any good or bad experiences with this device?
Thanks to all for your participation in this forum. It offers a wealth of knowledge and practical experience to all of its members.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 20 Jun 2010 19:18 #2090

• Matt's 175
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Capman;469304 wrote: I installed the new anode and stiletto prop yesterday and spent the day on the lake. I was a little disappointed in the prop performance at first. It was busy with very rough water. I could not trim much without bouncing all over of the lake. Then, I hit an area with very smooth water and opened it up again. I noticed that the speed increase was slower, but kept rising. Then I played with the trim. Wow, you can trim the hell out of this prop! I was just above the first trim mark going up. Speedo was reading 49 (I know...GPS), and the tach was at 5000. I think I may be in love (sorry Admiral).
How many people are using prop locks for their SS props? I installed the McGard for Mercruiser as my boat sits outside. I have a security light, but just want to be safe. It went on easy, but does not incorporate the locking tab washer. The security nut has what looks like a teflon ring in it to hold in place and the washer that comes with it is beveled. It seemed to tighted down well. I don't want the nut to back off, so I will check it often. Any good or bad experiences with this device?
Thanks to all for your participation in this forum. It offers a wealth of knowledge and practical experience to all of its members.

Glad you like the prop.

I didn't lock mine, because in reality, a thief can remove an entire Alpha outdrive in less than 2 minutes if he wanted to.... 8 bolts and away it goes.

2006 Bayliner 175
Tilt Steering, 2 pc. Cockpit/Bow Cover, Family Fun Pack, 3 Step Swim Ladder, Smart Tabs, 19P SS Prop, Uniden Solara VHF, Sony CD Player, 4 Sony Xplod Speakers, Garmin 172c GPS, 400w DC to AC Power Inverter, Dual Batteries, Guest Isolator, Dual Faria Voltage Gauges, Faria Hour...

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 21 Jun 2010 01:48 #2091

• John C in PA
  • Thank you received: 2

Capman;469304 wrote: How many people are using prop locks for their SS props? I installed the McGard for Mercruiser as my boat sits outside. I have a security light, but just want to be safe. It went on easy, but does not incorporate the locking tab washer. The security nut has what looks like a teflon ring in it to hold in place and the washer that comes with it is beveled. It seemed to tighted down well. I don't want the nut to back off, so I will check it often. Any good or bad experiences with this device?

I use McGard locks on both my prop and the outdrive. I've checked the prop nut a few times and it was as tight as when I installed it. No bad experiences but (knock wood) no one has tried to make off with my stuff either. It's cheap insurance against casual thieves.

John C in PA

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 21 Jun 2010 16:01 #2092

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I have not shared images of my toys so far... thought I would give it a shot.
Just back from the lake.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 21 Jun 2010 19:00 #2093

• JWebber
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Capman;469561 wrote: I have not shared images of my toys so far... thought I would give it a shot.
Just back from the lake.

Nice! Your spare tire on your trailor how much does it clear the hull? I have a offset bracket for a spare but I'm not sure it will clear once I get a tire on there.

thanks!

2008 Bayliner 175 BR, 135hp 3.0 Mer. Alpha I Gen. II 2.0 Drive

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 21 Jun 2010 19:12 #2094

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

JWebber;469638 wrote: Nice! Your spare tire on your trailor how much does it clear the hull? I have a offset bracket for a spare but I'm not sure it will clear once I get a tire on there.

thanks!

I have never measured. I will check it tonight. I will say that in the many times we have driven the boat onto the trailer (usually the Admiral does this part), we have yet to bump the tire.

Update: The tire bracket is all the way forward just at the split of the trailer frame. When the boat is fully loaded and locked in place, the tire is about 1.5 inches away from the bow at its closest point. Now that I look at it, it is pretty close. But again, the boat has never bumped the tire when loading. I always have the Admiral bring the boat to about 2' of the winch, and then I crank it the rest of the way. That procedure has worked well for me.

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 24 Jun 2010 18:32 #2095

• CapriSS2050
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Took care of a lot of upgrades and repairs with the purchase of a new boat...next, I will be adding some tower speakers. Hoping for advice on type of tower speakers to get - some of those things are way too pricey.

Only other mod i wil need at this point is a tower rack to hold knee boards.

Anyone with knowledge about speakers please speak up - also assume an amp will be needed as well.

Attached files [url=http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/kunena/attachments/vb/470665=11102-H210SS%205_7Gi%20Bow [50%].jpg][img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/470665=11102-H210SS%205_7Gi%20Bow [50%].jpg[/url]

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 25 Jun 2010 08:48 #2096

• SWORDFISH

Capman;469304 wrote: ............and the tach was at 5000. .......

If your Tach is accurate, 5000rpm is a bit high. The max range for the 3.0L is 4400-4800rpm. I'm using the same prop with a McGard lock, WOT my max speed is 45mph @ 4600rpm.

SF

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 25 Jun 2010 19:24 #2097

• Capman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

SWORDFISH;470866 wrote: If your Tach is accurate, 5000rpm is a bit high. The max range for the 3.0L is 4400-4800rpm. I'm using the same prop with a McGard lock, WOT my max speed is 45mph @ 4600rpm.SF

Agreed! I believe it was because I was trimmed so high. I have never run it with the trim up that far. As soon a I saw 5000, I lowered it. I wanted to see what she will do, but not at the expense of my fun on the lake and wallet. I am well pleased with the performance of the prop.
Interesting though, I did notice a very slight vibration in hard turns. Again, just testing performance. I don't know if it is the added weight of stainless over aluminum. As soon as I straighten it out, it goes away. Wide turns do not have the same symptoms. I do like this prop. :D

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 02 Jul 2010 11:10 #2098

• Jezza
Hi All,

Just got my first boat, 1997 Bayliner Capri 1850 ss
Just awesome, only been out twice as is winter here but went for a fast spin up the hawkesbury river then next weekend sydney harbour under the harbour bridge & over to manly to take my nieces for a cruise, Cant wait till summer....

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/473409=11238-Boc pic 1.jpg [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/473409=11239-Boc pic 2.JPG

Bayliner 1997 Capri 1850 SS
Model - 1850 BB
Mercruiser V6 4.3 Alpha 1, LX Gen+
3 Blade 23p - Highfive 5 Blade 17p
Hawkesbury River/Sydney Harbour, Australia

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 02 Jul 2010 14:24 #2099

• patman1776

Jezza;473409 wrote: Hi All,

Just awesome, only been out twice as is winter here but went for a fast spin up the hawkesbury river then next weekend sydney harbour under the harbour bridge & over to manly to take my nieces for a cruise, Cant wait till summer....

Nice looking ride!! :arr

Bill
2008 185 F&S "R. B. LARA"
3.0 L 135 Alpha I

Small Bowriders....Lets see what you have and have done ! 02 Jul 2010 14:31 #2100

• CapriSS2050
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Jezza;473409 wrote: Hi All,

Nice boat - you will love that boat....I had the same model and really like the way they look in the water......ageless in my opinion.

Moderators: Download_Completehiggins_jr
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds