Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installing Radio/Speakers in a 96 2050 Capri SS

Installing Radio/Speakers in a 96 2050 Capri SS 05 Jul 2012 16:44 #1

• wanderseem
  • wanderseem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone, just joined. I have a 96 Capri 2050 SS that I would like to remove the factory tape player from and replace with a CD/MP3 unit. I have done minor radio installs in cars before, and started to open up the dash on the boat, and was puzzled. I can't even think about getting my hands in the dash behind the unit to unhook the wire harness. You can't go in from underneath either, due to the factory cooler in the dash. My question is, does anyone else have the same model as me, and have you replaced the radio? How'd you do it? Do you need to use a special tool? Or am I just in trouble? Thanks everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1996 Bayliner Capri 2050 SS

Installing Radio/Speakers in a 96 2050 Capri SS 05 Jul 2012 17:27 #2

• wanderseem
Also, has anyone installed speakers in the ski storage area under the back seat? I know it gets wet in there, so was just wondering what people have done.

Installing Radio/Speakers in a 96 2050 Capri SS 05 Jul 2012 22:29 #3

• two_wheeled
I just bought a 1995 Capri 2050. Lucky for me the previous owner already installed the new stereo but I'll chime in anyway for what it's worth.

1) My stereo is a loose fit in the dash and I'd like to fix it so I hope this thread gets lots of responses. :)
2) My boat has 5 speakers and an amp.
*Two speakers under the left and right dash.
*Two speakers mounted in the rear of the side storage panels, at the feet of the back removable seats.
*One 10" base speaker in a separate, removable box. This box goes under one of the removable seats and the seat sits on top of it. It's wobbly so I'd like to make this better.
3) The amp sits in the storage area under the in-dash cooler. The wiring is all right there under the stereo. The guy had small hands, maybe that's how he got it done. :)

I'd love to see some pics if someone's done something better.
-Steve in Phx.

-1995 Bayliner Capri 2050 5.0L

Installing Radio/Speakers in a 96 2050 Capri SS 06 Jul 2012 00:01 #4

• wanderseem

two_wheeled;701081 wrote: I just bought a 1995 Capri 2050. Lucky for me the previous owner already installed the new stereo but I'll chime in anyway for what it's worth.

1) My stereo is a loose fit in the dash and I'd like to fix it so I hope this thread gets lots of responses. :)
2) My boat has 5 speakers and an amp.
*Two speakers under the left and right dash.
*Two speakers mounted in the rear of the side storage panels, at the feet of the back removable seats.
*One 10" base speaker in a separate, removable box. This box goes under one of the removable seats and the seat sits on top of it. It's wobbly so I'd like to make this better.
3) The amp sits in the storage area under the in-dash cooler. The wiring is all right there under the stereo. The guy had small hands, maybe that's how he got it done. :)

I'd love to see some pics if someone's done something better.
-Steve in Phx.

Hey Steve,

2 questions, 1) can you post some pics of your install? 2) are you running all your equipment off 1 battery? Or do you have a second battery installed?

Thanks,
Matt in TX

Installing Radio/Speakers in a 96 2050 Capri SS 09 Jul 2012 04:59 #5

• two_wheeled
I have two batteries on a Perko battery selector switch .
Only one battery is in use at any given time unless I decide to switch both on in parallel to charge them while pulling skiers.
It may take me a few days to get some pictures but I'll see what I can do.

-1995 Bayliner Capri 2050 5.0L
  • Page:
Moderators: Download_Completehiggins_jr
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds