Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: WTB: Trailer for Bounty 2850, 10"4 beam, 8,000 lbs

WTB: Trailer for Bounty 2850, 10"4 beam, 8,000 lbs 05 Apr 2016 07:54 #1

• mudbayminnow
  • mudbayminnow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Looking for a serviceable boat trailer that can hold, haul and store my 8,000 lb boat. It is a 2850 Bayliner Bounty, and a trailer that would fit a 28 foot Bayliner Contessa, Victoria, or Bounty, vessels with a 10 foot beam, should work. The trailer itself must be rated to carry 10,000 lbs or more. While triple axles would be ideal, a properly rated double axle would be serviceable, as the normal trek to where I keep the boat is under 5 miles.

While my mechanic friend from Detroit is in town, I may have the capability for some "mechanic's special" projects. He's here for about a week more, and is usually in town every couple months.
When he's not in town, I'm not a real mechanic and I'm only good for stuff like putting on new tires, servicing bearings, and fixing minor wiring problems.

I don't use this boat enough to justify year-round monthly moorage fees during low-use times. Also, I want to have cost-effective way of pulling it out of the water to work on it when needed.
So, I'm open to any solution that helps me accomplish this. Maybe you have a friend who is open to a trailer share arrangement? Maybe you have a trailer that would do the job for me with some repairs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1985 Bayliner Capri 1950 Cuddy AQ125B VP270Pertronix fairweather cruiser
1978 Bayliner Bounty 2850 Chev 5.7 VP280 **Need a trailer!!**
1976 Bayliner Saratoga 2550 Chev 5.7 VP280 revived and for sale
1989 Bayliner Trophy 2459 Offshore... Ford 351W OMC Cobra Undergoing fuel tank replacement surgery
  • Page:
Moderators: Jeffw
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds